perks that are not worth getting

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
what perks do you consider useless and not worth getting?

my useless perks that I think are crap are some of the lockpicking perks in which I think are crap. and I think too much money but a wealthy amount of money is worth it but not too much money.

the reason why I say this is because once you buy all the right amount of gear, I mean all gear once bought you do not need to buy again, because they are already in your possession.

I think for gold and treasure on lockpicking and also paralyze for archery is a useless crap bunch of perks. and I think some speech perks are crap like get things and buy things 10 % cheaper for the opposite sex and why because I can just wear a bracelet that says an enchantment of 10 or 20 percent cheaper for discount prices. do you agree with me and plus persuasion and intimidation is not worth it or the perk.

do you know of any other perks that are crap and not worth the buy on each level?
but there are some perks in the game that are worth the buy. and many of the illusion perks are indefinetly worth it and I can say that now. and archery perks.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
-Anything for the lockpicking, pickpocket trees and speechcraft.
-Technically all the master perks, they are fun but I mean when you actually can get them, do you really need them? Most enemies are 2-3 shot kills anyway at that point.
-Almost all of the admission perks aren't worth investing more than 2 or 3 maybe.

At the end of the day, most perks are pretty useless if you consider the time it takes to get them and the practical use of them and I think half of the perks you choose are just requirements toget to better perks. If you don't get perks that are useless then you're going to have about 20 or so unused perk points (probably more), and whats the fun in that? This all changes based on the build of course, but I'm going at this from a general point of view.

DarK StaR

If your on the pc and you have the dragon souls for perks mod you get to have all of them and more flexibility in your character

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
From personal experience:

- All the lockpicking perks
- Anything in speech other than the "sell any item to any merchant" one
- Master destruction/alteration/restoration/illusion spells
- Destruction element specific special ability (like disintegrating lightning)
- The one/two handed ability that does 25% more damage during a running power attack
- Anything on the right side of the archery tree
- Weapon specific damage (ex. bone crusher for the mace)
- The left side of the heavy and light armor tree
- Anything other than the middle of the enchanting tree
- Experimenter and Snakeblood from the alchemy tree

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Runemaster.

It's so brilliant that it's not.

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
It really depends on what you play as. An archer wouldn't consider anything of use except for archery. It all depends ;) :p

DovahCap

It really depends on what you play as. An archer wouldn't consider anything of use except for archery. It all depends ;) :p

Conjuration archer.
Arcane archer.
Warden.
Ranger.

:3

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
Conjuration archer.
Arcane archer.
Warden.
Ranger.

:3
Honestly, if I play an archer, I don't bother with any of that other nonsense. The only time I use conjoration is if I'm in a really bad pickle. :p

DovahCap

Honestly, if I play an archer, I don't bother with any of that other nonsense. The only time I use conjoration is if I'm in a really bad pickle. :p

But Wardens and Rangers are so delicious.
Conjure-archer is a bit silly, and Arcane archer's just a subtype of a regular Archer.

Anthony Smash

SMASHTACTICS (DUBBAGE/THRESHOLD DJ CREW)
i agree, lockpicking is so goddamn easy, i level that plops to 100 without even trying and no perks. illusion is pretty useless too, the only spell i use is muffle and that can be replaced by wearing muffle-enchanted boots (ancient shrouded boots)

Anthony Smash

i never use a shield so block is pretty useless to me as well..

ShadowGambit

Lockpicking perks. The mini game is really easy.

All Critical. So few damage output for 3 perk points.

All Master in casting skills, because nearly all master spells are not worth it (except for dead thrall).

Alchemy perks after benefactor.

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
I have just about built up my archery all the way up all I have is a couple of more perks to go and I am done,thats all I need.

I have got 2/2 slow motion zoom in strike in which is a great perk for me and I like it.its worth it for sure.
and critical strikes are worth it too and all sneak are worth it.

but I think "its my opinion" I think that perks for gold and pickpocketing gold is not worth it. because I can earn hundreds of thousands of gold just selling stuff like gems and bracelets.

and flawless ruby as well and get heaps of gold as well.

so I do not believe in gold in this game because gold aint worth it unless your making new items or smithing your own items its worth it.

Odd Child

The Bronze Boar!
It really all depends on your playing style. I'm an archer mastering in sneak and pickpocket so I would consider all of the other offensive skill trees useless. That being said I have NEVER even considered sacrificing a skill point to speech. Smith is easy enough and I don't spend too mush time working on armor, I actually prefer wearing less to cover distance faster.

Anthony Smash

the lockpick game is a cakewalk, the only perk worth getting in that whole tree is golden touch/treasure hunter (especially if playing as an Imperial) otherwise just get the Skeleton Key (if you really suck lol)

I'm finding the pickpocket tree more and more useful with my new thief/assassin build

Anthony Smash

Odd Child - you might want to reconsider armor perks, if light, unhindered is a great perk that takes away all armor weight (or you could opt for the seed stone, +100 carry weight +unhindered) heavy armor has a similar perk (conditioning) but its all the way at the top of the tree. I'd opt for some light armor perks, it does wonders for your armor rating, and there are ways around the weight. unless your are playing a pure mage build, then I would say go Alteration all the way and get Mage Armor ASAP.

Anthony Smash

I do agree on not wasting perks on speech, just use haggling potions or thieves guild gear to boost your item value

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts