People bickering about: Imperial 1H Sword/Magic Hybrid help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

PooPFeasT420

WOW... I usually lurk around here... but I registered just to LOL at this guy. honestly.

1st off, wrong section. this isn't the "HELP ME" forum, this is for general skyrim discussion...

2nd, Level 26 with 100 speech... (OMFG GET 100 SPEECH IN 15 MINUTES VIDEO ON YOUTUBE!?!?!?/ SWEEEEEEET!!!)

And now to answer your ridiculous questions:

-What's the best destruction magic to fight dragons?
.... all of them? There are many different types of dragons, each with different weaknesses...

-Will higher level destruction spells be sold when I reach a higher level? (currently level 26 + 50 destruction)
.... obviously...

-Should I stick to "Adept Robes of Destruction" or break that and enchant a heavy/light armor?
.... I'm assuming you are spellsword class, as you said "1h and destruction"... so being a melee fighter, if you DON'T get some type of armor, you will FAIL at higher levels. You literally wont be able to engage combat with anything harder then Wolves, as you will be 1/2 hit by most mobs.

-Which shops sell gauntlets and helmets with good magika enchantments?
.... any armor shop in the game? They all restock their inventory every 24/48 hours.

-Which shops sell swords with good combat enchantments?
.... seriously now...

-Which sword should I try to buy/smith?
Whatever sword is best for your suited character man... once you reach level 50+, you will want an enchanted Daedric sword... but PLEASE for the love of god... don't go back on youtube and look up how to get 100 enchanting / smithing in 20 minutes (like you did with your speech skill) as your character will be SO weak compared to everything around you.

For the love of god... you are doing it wrong. All wrong. Start over with a new character.

Stop training in smithing and enchanting... those skills will come to you as you progress in the game. As (obviously) a new Elder Scrolls player, you are doing more harm to your character then you realize.

Pick 2 major combat attributes (1h and destruction in your case) and 1-2 minor combat attributes. Level NOTHING EXCEPT THOSE SKILLS until you are in your mid 20s. AT THAT POINT start worrying about getting smithing / enchanting... because all you are doing right now is making it so that you are going to have a hell of a time trying to kill mobs your level when 3/4 of your characters level isn't even based in combat related skills.

I'd advise remaking your character already TBH, because a level 26 with 100 speech wearing destruction robes sounds like a nightmare. Are you playing on Novice difficulty?

Dennis

WOW... I usually lurk around here... but I registered just to LOL at this guy. honestly.

1st off, wrong section. this isn't the "HELP ME" forum, this is for general skyrim discussion...
I'm pretty sure all my questions fall under "General Skyrim Discussion", since they are all related to Skyrim...

-What's the best destruction magic to fight dragons?
.... all of them? There are many different types of dragons, each with different weaknesses...
Thank you, for your literally useless answer. It might help to explain the pros/cons of different types of magic on different types of dragons?

-Will higher level destruction spells be sold when I reach a higher level? (currently level 26 + 50 destruction)
.... obviously...
Skyrim is the first Elder Scrolls game I got, and I barley got it a week ago. Sorry if I don't know some stuff the more experienced players know.

-Should I stick to "Adept Robes of Destruction" or break that and enchant a heavy/light armor?
.... I'm assuming you are spellsword class, as you said "1h and destruction"... so being a melee fighter, if you DON'T get some type of armor, you will FAIL at higher levels. You literally wont be able to engage combat with anything harder then Wolves, as you will be 1/2 hit by most mobs.
Why bother replying if you don't answer the question...? ("or break that and enchant a heavy/light armor")

-Which shops sell gauntlets and helmets with good magika enchantments?
.... any armor shop in the game? They all restock their inventory every 24/48 hours.
Every shop has different "item spawn" rates. For example, I've never seen an Item in Riverwood or Whiterun enchanted with Banish, but when I go to Fletcher in Solitude, I immediately see a bow that has that enchantment.

-Which shops sell swords with good combat enchantments?
.... seriously now...
Same as above^

-Which sword should I try to buy/smith?
Whatever sword is best for your suited character man...
-_-
If I knew that, why would I bother making this thread...

I'd advise remaking your character already TBH, because a level 26 with 100 speech wearing destruction robes sounds like a nightmare. Are you playing on Novice difficulty?
I obviously have other stats trained... I don't think it's possible to be a level 26 if the only thing leveled was speech.

PooPFeasT420

Dennis said:
I'm pretty sure all my questions fall under "General Skyrim Discussion", since they are all related to Skyrim...
Wrong. This topic is a HELP topic, whether you care to admit that or not, the fact remains that you made this topic looking for HELP on various subjects.

Dennis said:
Thank you, for your literally useless answer. It might help to explain the pros/cons of different types of magic on different types of dragons?
Useless? I was clarifying to you that there isn't a single spell that you cast and it kills dragons. This game is infinitely more in-depth then that... and you need to understand what resistances are and how to work around them. Destruction focused characters should NEVER be specialized in one class (Shock/Fire/Ice) - as you will be running into MANY different types of characters throughout the world, some of which may be resistant to one type of magicka or another. So - No... my comment wasn't useless... Sorry I didn't explain to you every single detail of what I mentioned, considering there are 100,000 pages on google that will explain your question in much more detail then I initially cared to with my response.

Dennis said:
Skyrim is the first Elder Scrolls game I got, and I barley got it a week ago. Sorry if I don't know some stuff the more experienced players know.
Stop being so damn condescending... it's not my fault you know nothing about the game... but when you come here asking questions that are fairly ridiculous (without a shred of evidence you even attempted to solve the question yourself) don't act surprised when someone slaps a snide comment your way.

Dennis said:
Why bother replying if you don't answer the question...? ("or break that and enchant a heavy/light armor")
I did. You were too busy quoting each sentence I wrote to realize I told you that unless you start wearing Light OR Heavy armor, your character will be quite literally unplayable with 0 armor rating (unless you were going into the alteration perk tree "Mage Armor" without telling anyone, and were simply asking random questions for poops'n'gigglez...

Dennis said:
Every shop has different "item spawn" rates. For example, I've never seen an Item in Riverwood or Whiterun enchanted with Banish, but when I go to Fletcher in Solitude, I immediately see a bow that has that enchantment.
No. Just no. Every shop has RANDOM item spawn rates. Just because every shop is random doesn't mean every shop is "different" as you've put it. In a sense, yes, they are all different... but not in the way you are describing. Fletcher is a unique trade vendor... unlike your average joe Blacksmith shop, Fletcher carries unique inventory.

Dennis said:
-_-
If I knew that, why would I bother making this thread...
OK so I'm having a hard time understanding quite what it is you want us to tell you... so I'll just make a completely random suggestion and hope it works out.

Make a Dwarven War Axe, and temper it to (Flawless) condition so it has around 54 base DMG (depending on your smithing modifiers). This is a good weapon. Most likely better then the one you are using, so would be a likely candidate for replacing your current generation of Iron Dagger.

Dennis said:
I obviously have other stats trained... I don't think it's possible to be a level 26 if the only thing leveled was speech.

My point is this - You are level 26... (fairly low level)... with 100 speech!!! Based on the fact that you don't wear armor (so no skill into Light/Heavy armor), 50 destruction, and 30-40 1h weapons... I'm going to say that your COMBAT level is about 9-10. (Combat level and Actual level are different... you are level 26, but with an estimated combat level 10-15 levels lower then that, because of your speech skill)

That means that while you are fighting creatures that are level 26, you are level 9-10. This is the reason you are struggling in the game asking how to do this and how to be better at that... when in reality your problem is that you bloated your characters soft level with skills that have no effect whatsoever on combat.

Hopefully I made myself clear this time around?

Dennis

Useless? I was clarifying to you that there isn't a single spell that you cast and it kills dragons. This game is infinitely more in-depth then that... and you need to understand what resistances are and how to work around them. Destruction focused characters should NEVER be specialized in one class (Shock/Fire/Ice) - as you will be running into MANY different types of characters throughout the world, some of which may be resistant to one type of magicka or another. So - No... my comment wasn't useless... Sorry I didn't explain to you every single detail of what I mentioned, considering there are 100,000 pages on google that will explain your question in much more detail then I initially cared to with my response.
"All of them" is a very general answer, and doesn't help at all. If you don't plan on answering the question to some extent, why bother answering at all?

Stop being so damn condescending... it's not my fault you know nothing about the game... but when you come here asking questions that are fairly ridiculous (without a shred of evidence you even attempted to solve the question yourself) don't act surprised when someone slaps a snide comment your way.
It isn't your fault. I came here to ask because people here actually play Skyrim. Asking here would be get more specific answers then going to Google.

I did. You were too busy quoting each sentence I wrote to realize I told you that unless you start wearing Light OR Heavy armor, your character will be quite literally unplayable with 0 armor rating (unless you were going into the alteration perk tree "Mage Armor" without telling anyone, and were simply asking random questions for poops'n'gigglez...
My question was whether I should stick to my current robes or enchant a heavy/light armor. You telling me to get either heavy/light armor doesn't really help me.

No. Just no. Every shop has RANDOM item spawn rates. Just because every shop is random doesn't mean every shop is "different" as you've put it. In a sense, yes, they are all different... but not in the way you are describing. Fletcher is a unique trade vendor... unlike your average joe Blacksmith shop, Fletcher carries unique inventory.
Which is why I asked which stores had better enchanted items...

Make a Dwarven War Axe, and temper it to (Flawless) condition so it has around 54 base DMG (depending on your smithing modifiers). This is a good weapon. Most likely better then the one you are using, so would be a likely candidate for replacing your current generation of Iron Dagger.
Something helpful! :O
I ended up getting a Daedric Sword, since they're faster then axes.
Will wearing items that give +20% to smithing increase the base damage of a smithed sword?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I split the post asking for help from this and moved it and changed the thread title here.

SanSalvador15

I'm guessing that PooPFeast guy is still in middle school, just judging by his name.

WDMeaun

I can't stand people like Poopfeast, but his nickname implies enough.

Most people are not important enough to listen to, when they've got nothing useful to say. So don't post in such a case.

Just 1 remark related to these questions..
I've never noticed you could only buy certain spells according to your related magical skill. (and I have been playing almost all the games, except the arena one). I thought you could buy almost everything, but simply not being able to use it.

Furthermore, I don't really have good advice. Most of my experience is by a bloody trial and error :p

SeaDog

Dear Mods,

Please delete this thread. That is all. Have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,

SeaDog

Stone

Retired Moderator
This thread wasn't really necessary. Some players are brand new to The Elder Scrolls series and so therefore have very little knowledge about certain aspects of the game. Instead of laughing at newbies, we should help them to get a grip of the game. Please be more considerate. :)

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts