PC Paarthurnax?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sedge

After the peace council, delphine ask me to kill Paarthurnax if i want the blades support, because he was once ally of Alduin. Kill him is an optional doing. My question is, do I kill him? If i kill him, i break the link with the greybeards, and if i don't i break the link with the blades. Which one should i choose for?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Some did & the majority didn't, someone said that you get a few extra quests from the Blades but I didn't like the Blades any way so I ignored their request.

Sedge

So if I kill him, i get a few extra quests (and the support of the blades), and if i don't i get nothing (beside the support of greybeards and the location of thu-ums). It's a difficult choice. My first thought was to let him leave, but i don't know...

Iguanaman

I let him live long enough to complete all the words/shouts that could be offered by the greybeards. Once I had all the shouts I then joined the blades and did away with Paarthurnax so I could get the radiant quest from the blades. Mainly maximizes the amount of game play I can get.

Sedge

I let him live long enough to complete all the words/shouts that could be offered by the greybeards. Once I had all the shouts I then joined the blades and did away with Paarthurnax so I could get the radiant quest from the blades. Mainly maximizes the amount of game play I can get.

Sounds like a good option.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I didn't kill him. The Blades are ungrateful pieces of garbage. I got them their temple back and basically re-formed them. I took care of Alduin, the real problem. Much of what the Dovahkin learns is from the dragon race and requires the souls of them. Paarthurnax is one big reason Alduin is dead and the current world continues. Killing him for it seems ridiculous. Delphine having the audacity to withhold Blades support is the height of hubris for a girl who had to act like an innkeeper for years just to stay alive. She can go kill him if she's into that sort of thing. My conscience in the matter is clean and my playthrough was quite enjoyable.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Besides, Paathurnax and the Greybeards are the only ones who have anything to say that is worth listening to.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Rayven summed up what I think.

Once I get a new PC, I'm hoping I can create a mod with the Creation Kit to destroy the Blades or something. If the remnants of it are Delphine and Esbern, then that's what the new age of the Blades are going to be-- people who hate all dragons just because they're dragons. The Blades would be no better than Ulfric, his followers, and most Nords living in Windhelm.

Grey Fox

It's much more awe-inspiring to speak with an ancient dragon than an inn-keeper.;)

Soar Tueth

Paarthurnax is reformed and redeemed by the light side of the force. Kill him and there are no more words of meditation to get from him. On the other hand, it might be worth it to get more dialog from Max Von Sydow (the old blade).

My conscience wouldn't let me kill him. He's a treasure and font of wisdom. I love his voice. Anyone know who does it?

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I've weighed in on this topic a couple times and stand with the majority that let him live. Were it possible, I'd kill Delphine instead.

As Soar Tueth mentioned, you also get access to the Words of Meditation. The bonuses from these Words are far more useful than the limited rewards you get from the Blades for killing him. Unless you want to role play it, letting him live is the better choice.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Paarthurnax is reformed and redeemed by the light side of the force. Kill him and there are no more words of meditation to get from him. On the other hand, it might be worth it to get more dialog from Max Von Sydow (the old blade).

My conscience wouldn't let me kill him. He's a treasure and font of wisdom. I love his voice. Anyone know who does it?

Charles Martinet.
Charles Martinet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite a resume for this guy.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts