Spoiler paarthurnax. help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

cmp007

Ive tried talking to esbern then talking to him. just walking up to him. cant kill him. his health goes to 0 then regenerates. whats the deal i need help to kill him.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Have you already completed the main questline and defeated Alduin? After the main quest is completed, Paarthurnax becomes essential and can no longer be killed.

Also, please refrain from using spoilers in your thread titles in the future.

cmp007

My bad on the spoiler thing. And yes ive completed it so I cant kill him now? I want to do the blades thing but cant and I still have a misc quest to speak with esbern and it wont go away until I kill him. So im just stuck now?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Essentially, yes. He can only be killed prior to the completion of the main questline, once it is completed he is marked essential and can no longer die. If you've completed the main quest, you're stuck with it. Sorry about that.

cmp007

Well gay. I could of sworn I raed once you get the quest to kill him you can kill him then or wait till after the end of the quest thats why I waited. Well this sucks

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Well gay. I could of sworn I raed once you get the quest to kill him you can kill him then or wait till after the end of the quest thats why I waited. Well this sucks
Maybe bringing up an earlier load?

Maxlength

Essentially, yes. He can only be killed prior to the completion of the main questline, once it is completed he is marked essential and can no longer die. If you've completed the main quest, you're stuck with it. Sorry about that.
Stuck with Paarthurnax.....oh dear such a shame.....he is ace! Is Paarthurnax a he or she? Can we mortals tell? I prefer the game with Paarthurnax, the world is a better place without Alduin!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Okay.... Biggest spoiler I've seen yet lol
Is there any particular reason to kill paarthurnax?
Since you wanted the answer...
SPOILERRR
During the main questline you meet a member of the blades at the end they want you to kill paarthanux
because he was supposed to be a criminal back then.
I just left Paarthurnax alone because If you kill him you get more quests from the blades
and gets pretty boring

Zoa Two Tails

Cloak and Dagger Artist
Well something that needs to be done is that you complete all of parthinax's quests and then you can kill him because someone without quests to give dont matter any more.

cmp007

Well something that needs to be done is that you complete all of parthinax's quests and then you can kill him because someone without quests to give dont matter any more.

Thats what I was going to do. I was gonna finish my shouts then kill him and do the blades but I didnt know I couldnt kill him after the main quest or I would have. Now I cant do the blades part which sucks. I wont feel like I completed the game lol

Legolas Auditore

Have you already completed the main questline and defeated Alduin? After the main quest is completed, Paarthurnax becomes essential and can no longer be killed.

Also, please refrain from using spoilers in your thread titles in the future.
i finished the main questline and was still able to kill paarthurnax...hes supposed to be an ancient dragon but he was much easier to kill

Jeff31

Premium Member
how could you kill paarthurnax he is god of all daragons in this game and one of the best characters in the game!

Legolas Auditore

how could you kill paarthurnax he is god of all daragons in this game and one of the best characters in the game!
yeah... it took me a while to decide whether or not to kill him. i decided that even though he repented, he still needs to be punished for his transgressions. Like if a mass murderer today repents, he still gets executed.

Legolas Auditore

well after he finished talking to him, i just shot an arrow at him... he went down in like six hits and now the blades love me lol
i havent downloaded any patches yet but im not sure which one i have, so that might be why

cmp007

When I talk to him and shoot him his haelth goes away the regenerates and he doesnt die. Pisses me off. I want to do the blades quests

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Once the quest to kill Paarthurnax has been started, he can be killed at just about any time. I believe you can do so once you've read the Elder Scroll, though I may be wrong as I really don't feel the urge to kill Paarthurnax and get some stupid Blades followers to make dragon fights even more nerfed.

cmp007, it sounds like you've got a glitch. Reload your last save and try again. You may also want to try dealing massive amounts of damage all at once, either with expert destruction spells, enchanted and upgraded daedric weapons, or with werewolf power attacks.

Also, Paarthurnax can be killed after the main quest. He is not supposed to become essential. This is a glitch.

I would actually gander that Paarthurnax is never marked as essential or made invincible. I haven't tested this whatsoever, though. With how helpful and wonderful his character is, I'm sure very few people ever actually seriously attack him before getting the quest to kill him.

cmp007

I had the quest come up to kill him then after i finished the main quest it went away. And ive delt massive amounts of damage. My weapon does 318 and ive done a power hit on him so its double that. I only have 1 save and ive tried it a few different times and still no luck