Spoiler Paarthunax Question

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Ok so I have never killed Paarthunax with any of my characters. But with my new one, if I kill him for the Blades would Odahviing still answer my summon?

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Haven't tried it myself, but Odahviing should still come to you regardless of your choices.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I'm almost 100% certain Odahviing would still answer your summon. Although I don't really see the point in killing Paarthurnax. He's very weak, not a challenge at all, and you don't really get anything useful for joining the Blades imo.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I'm almost 100% certain Odahviing would still answer your summon. Although I don't really see the point in killing Paarthurnax. He's very weak, not a challenge at all, and you don't really get anything useful for joining the Blades imo.

The only thing useful about the Blades is:

1. Dragonslaying blessing.
2. Esbern gives you the location of where dragons are hiding, and therefore another Thu'um word and Dragon Soul.
3. There are three people of your choice that can help you slay dragons.

However you can do all this before Alduin's Bane, by talking to Delphine immediately after Alduin's Wall. So I say join the blades, kill all the dragons and then show 'em the bird when they ask you to kill Paarthunax.

Another way you can exploit this further is to do all that, then do the civil war storyline before doing Alduin's Bane. The Blades will never learn about Paarthunax, and therefore not ask you to kill him. You can maintain good relationships between the Greybeards and the Blades.

Anyway, back to answering the question. I'm pretty sure Odahviing will still appear, even though you killed Paarthunax.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts