Overpowered perks and an idea

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Oren74

The below perks are heavily overpowered and are extreme game changers.

Smithing: Ebony
Smithing is still too easy to raise. And by the time you hit 80, you can now make armor and weapons that just make physical damage (taking and giving) way too easy. The only thing that you have to worry about is magic attacks now. I believe smithing needs to be about 5-times harder to raise, and ebony should be MUCH harder to find than just sitting in a merchant...such as mines and rare locations only.

Block: Elemental Protection
Considering how hard it is to enchant items with elemental protection (1 per item, and a good enchanter can hit 30%) this perk is WAY overpower. +50% to all resistances just by putting your shield up? Should be +10%, with an additional 10% per perk point spent up to +30%

Enchanting: Extra Effect
Once you get this perk, the game is on invincible mode. Should be removed from the game. Period. Maybe replaced with a couple of unique enchantments that are unlocked.

Sneak: Deadly Aim
The joy of sneaking through a dungeon, and slaughtering every creature each with just a single shot, is so awesome...at first. And than it becomes extremely boring. This should simply be replaced with increased crit chance....like +50%.

1H/2H: Savage Strike/Devastating Blow
To me, this strike is so easy to do, it makes all the others worthless. While it isn't incredibily game changing, I do think it is much too easy to acquire. I believe it should be the 100 level perk.

Destrucion: Impact
So instead of a spell that roots your foes like other games, Bethesda decided to just put root in the most damaging spells in the game as a simple perk. Way too overpowered, and not fun. I would change this so it's only a chance, (25%, 50%, 75% for three perks)

2nd rate perks - An idea
As a Fallout and Elder Scrolls fanatic, I've learned that there is always those perks everybody takes, and those perks people rarely take. I believe there should be a system in place where you get one perk every even level for primary and one perk overy odd level for secondary.

For me, primarys are your 1H, 2H, sneak, destruction, alteration, conjurtation, smithing, enchanting, Archery

Secondaries are your Armor, illusion, pickpocket, alchemy, speech, lockpicking...

Hope you enjoyed!

Jaeger

I like that list, and I immediately thought of Shield Charge, the 100 skill from the Block tree. While it is the final skill, it's still so powerful it seems cheap.

When i got to the top of Block with my Vigilant of Stendarr cleric,I YouTube that perk and it was too comical for me.