Overlapping Random Encounters!?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LiL KiNG

On my 51 Nord Archer I just left Riften heading South towards Lost Tongue Overlook to kill the dragon for a bounty and just past the farm/windmill the road splits to the left and just a ways down it and into the woods I ran into the following mess;
- A random woman ran up to me claiming she just escaped from some bandit fort, she had a bear chasing her,
- 3 bandits fighting 1 vampire, 2 vampire thralls and 2 death hounds (bandit actually won as one bandit was a 'leader').
- 2 Vigilants of Stendarr chasing a volkihar vampire who was yelling "I yield, I yield!"
and finally (after my flame atronach hit the vampire it went into attack mode and laid waste to the Vigilants, and my atronach, and nearly me too with everything else going on),
- the odd Orc looking for a good death with sabercat corpses by him.

This all happened in one location, all at the same time... that's not normal right?

Also, when I first entered Riften to turn in some quests to Delvin & Vex I ran into 2 thieves being chased by guards and a vampire with thrall in the market area.
Upon exiting the Guild the same thing happened again within maybe 2-3 hours of in-game time (just long enough to turn in quest and pick up new ones in the Guild), another 2 thieves and more vampires this time with 2 hounds.

The stupid dragon at the lookout wouldn't give up his soul once he was dead, I tried reloading from where I exited Riften about 3 times, and each time I ran into multiple random encounters in that same area of the woods - and after the 4th time of not being able to collect the dragon soul I decided to take a break, but those overlapping encounters are very weird and I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this before? I'm afraid somehow my save file might be corrupted which at 68+ hours is going to thoroughly piss me off if so...

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Do you have any mods that increase random encounters? That might be it.

Agentoringe

Dude! I know what you mean! I just complained to my bud the other day, working on my priest type, (no damaging spells, only a couple of summons and fear calm frenzy paralyze effects and healing lol that's the extent of my combat so I depend solely on summons and followers to kill stuf lol it's fun you should try it lol) sorry, lol, but yeah, level 22, left white run and FT to riverwood, when I got there a dragon attacked, so summoned buffed got ready to engage and then got power attacked by a master vampire, him and 2 thralls and 2 hounds attacked from behind me, well after barely surviving that crap, I left and FT up to the ritual stone to run up north to the college, hopped down, ran across the river into a pack of wolves and a cave bear, while evading the bear over the next hill while my flame atronach pelted the wolves, I got jumped by a saber cat, which anyone knows that at early levels they hurt alot, especially of they get the drop on you and your not wearing armor just clothes, so again, barely survive...run over 2 hills, I kid you not, and walked into the middle of a bandits vs vampires 5v5 2 chiefs and 3 regular bandits, a master vampire and 2 blooded vampires and 2 thralls...naturally I thought, calm/fear the bandits and disrupt them bc they are in heavy armor w 2 ganders and will hurt worse, then focus the caster vampires after, idea worked out great until the vampires started rezzing the dead bandits, ugh...Lydia died in this fight, and I had to revert to a previous save, in which the only difference in the encounters was there was one less death hound on the first fight...called my bud and accused my game of trolling me... >_> lol

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Dude! I know what you mean! I just complained to my bud the other day, working on my priest type, (no damaging spells, only a couple of summons and fear calm frenzy paralyze effects and healing lol that's the extent of my combat so I depend solely on summons and followers to kill stuf lol it's fun you should try it lol) sorry, lol, but yeah, level 22, left white run and FT to riverwood, when I got there a dragon attacked, so summoned buffed got ready to engage and then got power attacked by a master vampire, him and 2 thralls and 2 hounds attacked from behind me, well after barely surviving that crap, I left and FT up to the ritual stone to run up north to the college, hopped down, ran across the river into a pack of wolves and a cave bear, while evading the bear over the next hill while my flame atronach pelted the wolves, I got jumped by a saber cat, which anyone knows that at early levels they hurt alot, especially of they get the drop on you and your not wearing armor just clothes, so again, barely survive...run over 2 hills, I kid you not, and walked into the middle of a bandits vs vampires 5v5 2 chiefs and 3 regular bandits, a master vampire and 2 blooded vampires and 2 thralls...naturally I thought, calm/fear the bandits and disrupt them bc they are in heavy armor w 2 ganders and will hurt worse, then focus the caster vampires after, idea worked out great until the vampires started rezzing the dead bandits, ugh...Lydia died in this fight, and I had to revert to a previous save, in which the only difference in the encounters was there was one less death hound on the first fight...called my bud and accused my game of trolling me... >_> lol
Paragraphs.
Use them.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I wish I had that problem, the only thing that happens to me when I travel is get attacked by wolfs.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts