• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sentinala

Premium Member
idk like since this morning while playing skyrim my cpu is overheating and my pc is shutting down O_O

it started when i was fighting alduin after learning dragon shout....i had to keep alt tabbing and pausing to let cpu cool down

i opened my case to let more air in....turned the graphics all the way to LOW....and idk

i hear skyrim is very cpu intensive anyway to fix my probelm?

Sentinala

Premium Member
i opened my case to check the cpu fan, and found CHUNKS of dust lol....

took a tweezer and removed all of it - now its runnin niceeee and coooool and FAST!!!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
it's a good habit to check the insides of your pc once in a while. getting an xbox is a very silly solution to one easy problem

Sentinala

Premium Member
yeh i prefer pc gaming to consoles anyday

hey im running with my case open atm for more cool air...is that good idea? not worried bout static since desktop is under the desk and i cant touch it unless i try to

Eric Badders

Unholy Mind
Running open is fine unless you have cats or dogs getting close to your pc. Better solution is to get a higher output fan if you are having trouble. In any case, you should open it up once a week or so and remove the dust.

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
If you're worried about long term, try to replace PATA cables with SATA.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts