• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Did your Orc?

• know of their ability and call upon it at will.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Niq

I have read a few Orc Fanfics recently prior to making my new build, and i was surprised to see that the general consensus on the berserker rage ability is that, the charecter was not aware of the power locked away inside of them and the berserker ability was unleashed un-intentionally in an extreme situation much to their surprise... And often the charecter would awaken dazed or confused and often not sure of previous events.

This does not sit well with me!

My Charecter comes from a long line of warriors all of whom mastered the beserker ability, and taught it to their sons and daughters. After all it is a racial ability which can be triggered at will (in game) so therefore it makes sense to me that my charecter chooses when to unleash his full fury.

I have looked and am unable to find any Lore suggesting how the Berserker ability is controlled, whether it is learned or can be controlled at all.

So i was wondering the opinions of my fellow Orc players...

Aniratak

I just have to ask: I do not know how roleplaying works. Do you make up the story for you character in Skyrim? And then play the game according to that characters history? How would it work when your character doesn't know of the power they have? Will you randomly choose when the power will emerge, or do you role a dice? (Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm just curious. I've never done anything like this before :) )

Niq

I just have to ask: I do not know how roleplaying works. Do you make up the story for you character in Skyrim? And then play the game according to that characters history? How would it work when your character doesn't know of the power they have? Will you randomly choose when the power will emerge, or do you role a dice? (Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm just curious. I've never done anything like this before :) )

I think you have got the basics. So to roleplay you would create a backstory for your charecter, and build up a personality based on their previous experiances and ideals. - This allows for greater immersion into the game as your charecter will have a history unique to you and this will govern how they react to certain instances.

Some people may play by the roll of a dice or the toss of a coin, but i prefer to be more calculated and my charecters tend to be more rigid to their beliefs and this is how i determine how to play.

Annnd as for the Beserker ability i prefer to think that all Orcs are aware that they have this ability and they can be trained to control it and call upon it at will. - This makes sense for me as Argonians for example can call upon histskin at will, and other races can use their abilities at will.

Aniratak

This sounds fun! But I'm not that good at writing stories like that. Or sticking to it can be a bit hard I imagine. But perhaps not, I haven't tried it before. I'll try with my next Nord-character and see what happens=)

Niq

This sounds fun! But I'm not that good at writing stories like that. Or sticking to it can be a bit hard I imagine. But perhaps not, I haven't tried it before. I'll try with my next Nord-character and see what happens=)
And good luck to you, i think you will find the immersion adds a bonus to the game, as i did.

SO ORCS ... A Septim for your thoughts and Opinions?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I always treated the ability a little like "Hulking Out".

Once the adrenaline, threat level & anger reach a nice state of synergy....POW!!!

At least for the first time it happens.

Niq

I always treated the ability a little like "Hulking Out".

Once the adrenaline, threat level & anger reach a nice state of synergy....POW!!!

At least for the first time it happens.

Yea i suppose that could be the first time experiance for many a Orc, but how do you go about explaining the fact it just lays dorment in them, and some people act as if they didnt even know they were capable?

Also does your Orc Berserker have to get to that point, he cant just turn it on at will?

I find it strange that there is so little information on this in lore...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts