• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OoIChewYuoO

Im Not As Evil As They Say I Am, Am I?
Im More Of A Light Armor Person, So id Go for Something Along The Lines Of Elven Or Glass even (what i have now) if you lvl up the sklls and perks good enough, Glass Can Be some OP stuff

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
At this point it's either Nordic Carved w/hammer or Wolf w/greatsword. I'll see where I go after I'm done w/the Companions, but I suspect it will be carved w/hammer. It just seems very heroic!

JoeReese

At this point it's either Nordic Carved w/hammer or Wolf w/greatsword. I'll see where I go after I'm done w/the Companions, but I suspect it will be carved w/hammer. It just seems very heroic!

I agree with you, the Nordic carved is a nice looking armor, and even looks more suited to the cold Nord environment. (Well, except the helmet, which makes me think of Thundercats or something.) When I go heavy, at first, I usually use wolf armor because it's 15 lbs lighter than most decent heavy armor, but once I get the stats high enough to use the "weighs nothing" perk, then it's on to my fav. Dawnguard heavy, with steel plate gauntlets and boots, and a steel helmet.

Daelon DuLac

I agree with you, the Nordic carved is a nice looking armor, and even looks more suited to the cold Nord environment. (Well, except the helmet, which makes me think of Thundercats or something.) When I go heavy, at first, I usually use wolf armor because it's 15 lbs lighter than most decent heavy armor, but once I get the stats high enough to use the "weighs nothing" perk, then it's on to my fav. Dawnguard heavy, with steel plate gauntlets and boots, and a steel helmet.
Thundercats! HOOOO! You are so right. I think it's supposed to be bear like, but, hey...

JoeReese

When I play on PC, I'm just going to use creation kit to remove the automatic enchantments from the Dawnguard helmet, but until then I'm stuck. :/

Shadowkitty, I didn't know I could make Ancient Nord the first time around, so I wore what I found in Forelhost. The guards would tell me I stunk of death and ask if I was out graverobbing. LOL

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
When I play on PC, I'm just going to use creation kit to remove the automatic enchantments from the Dawnguard helmet, but until then I'm stuck. :/

Shadowkitty, I didn't know I could make Ancient Nord the first time around, so I wore what I found in Forelhost. The guards would tell me I stunk of death and ask if I was out graverobbing. LOL

That's were I got both of my sets from (One for me one for my follower Annekke), so far I haven't had any guards saying that. Maybe cause we look so hot..lol ;)

I know you can make it after you finish the Companions quest and you have the Deadric smithing perk but I was too impatient and went and slaughtered Dragon Cultists for them... :p

Caideus

Build: Nord/2-handed/heavy/archery - no magic or alchemy - smithing and enchantment - good guy/hero, dragonborn, no thievery

Currently wearing steel and joining companions.

Not terribly fond of the companions armor

What do y'all think would be the next step up from steel

Thinking plate or nordic carved?

Orcish just too fancy; daedric & ebony too pretty

Thoughts anyone?

using elvish greatsword and elvish bow & arrows

Current follower: Lydia in Plate with an elvish war ax and steel shield
All around the Noble Warrior? The Gallant Knight?

I would stick with the Companion Armor, then when able, craft the Nord Hero weapons from the Skyforge. Then move onto Steel Plate, it has Chivalry look you might want to rock, then aim for deadric arrows for the look

Caideus

Ancient Nord is great looking if not as strong as Nordic Carved.
Upside is that it doesn`t require the Advanced Armor perk for maximum improvement.

The green touches on the armor go very nicely with emerald jewelry as well as Nord Hero weapons that have been enchanted with green-hued magic like paralyze or absorb stamina .
I don't know what Nord Hero weapons are. I hear them mentioned all the time but have never heard of them.
The Nord Hero weapons can crafted from the Skyforge after you complete the saddest Companions quest, well, after you go into and complete Ysgrammor's tomb

Daelon DuLac

I've ended up with Nordic Carved, a really big Nordic hammer and a Nordic Bow (although I haven't the appropriate arrows yet (ebony I think). Pretty cool, although I'm considering replacing the helmet with an Ancient Nord helmet. The little bear ears are just a bit precious. :)

AS88

Staff member
I've ended up with Nordic Carved, a really big Nordic hammer and a Nordic Bow (although I haven't the appropriate arrows yet (ebony I think). Pretty cool, although I'm considering replacing the helmet with an Ancient Nord helmet. The little bear ears are just a bit precious. :)

Yes to the Ancient Nord Helmet :)

Daelon DuLac

want to improve it. which perk?

AS88

Staff member

It comes under the Daedric perk, but you'll only miss a few points of armour rating if you improve it without the perk. You should be fine if you're in full heavy armour.

Daelon DuLac

It comes under the Daedric perk, but you'll only miss a few points of armour rating if you improve it without the perk. You should be fine if you're in full heavy armour.
Thanks. I hadn't intended to take smithing up beyond the advanced perk so a 50% potion (or 2!) and my +25% gauntlets should do it well enough.

AS88

Staff member

Thanks. I hadn't intended to take smithing up beyond the advanced perk so a 50% potion (or 2!) and my +25% gauntlets should do it well enough.

More than well enough. With Nordic Carved, 50% from enchantments and 50% from a potion and you will be very close to the armour cap or above.

Daelon DuLac

How about bonemeal or heavy chitin sets?
Same problem I have with Dragon. They just look weird, although I have to admit that the helmet on the Chitin is pretty cool. :)

Crowley

It really is, isn't it? I've noticed the Morag Tong armour is based off of that, but maybe palette swapped.

Lucid

How about bonemeal or heavy chitin sets?
Same problem I have with Dragon. They just look weird, although I have to admit that the helmet on the Chitin is pretty cool. :)

I'm with you, I think both of those sets are a little weird looking. I think that the Dragonbone helm is better looking than the armor. I don't understand the long bones on the bottom-rear of the cuirass (the ass flap?), it wouldn't be functional, comfortable, or aesthetically pleasing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts