Once, just once, let's have a rational discussion about incest.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rextoret

top kek
I personally don't see what is so wrong with it. If someone loves another, they should be together if it is what they wish. I see where many would be disgusted, but then again, many are also disgusted by the concept of homosexuality. I personally would not be surprised to see laws passed to allow incest.

sticky runes

Sorry. I don't view sarcasm as rude. If you want a serious answer, I agree in that case. It should never come to that kind of relationship.

It seemed rude to me, because it came across as if you couldn't be bothered to absorb any of the info I had given, just because I didn't give an answer like everyone else was. No, I don't know about all that scientific/genetic mumbo jumbo, but I still have my opinions on the morality of the subject; I've a read a few stories and heard of a few incidents that others haven't mentioned, so I think I deserved to have my say.

As for other types of incest, I think the same applies to all family members. Family should be people you protect and provide support for, or look up to for guidance and stability, not people you f#ck around with. Whatever the blood relation, it's still abusing your power and position as a family member. I used the parent/child example, because I think that is the worst form of incest, but the same could be said towards people abusing their siblings, cousins or any other relative.

Mookie

Do you really expect 18 siblings in the same household to date and marry each other? I don't believe it's that common. But even if it was, I already listed alternatives.

Why wouldnt it be common?
Why go out, date and risk rejection and mocking when you can have sex with your sister/brother?
You oldest brother and sister are doing it, so why not?
Its easier

And what alternatives? Adoption? That is still not their genetic offspring, their line dies with them.
Artificial? That would involve genetic tempering to make the baby impervious to disease etc..
Who has money for that?

Mookie

There isn't a good reason to support pedophilia, though, if that's what you mean.

Why? People change, laws change etc.. Who is to say that in few hunder years it isnt going to be normal?
I mean so many unimaginable things have hapened regarding sexuality so that isnt as far as it seems.

FullmetalHeart20

Why wouldnt it be common?
Why go out, date and risk rejection and mocking when you can have sex with your sister/brother?
You oldest brother and sister are doing it, so why not?
Its easier

And what alternatives? Adoption? That is still not their genetic offspring, their line dies with them.
Artificial? That would involve genetic tempering to make the baby impervious to disease etc..
Who has money for that?
If adoption means so little to you, you have a rather shallow view of what family is. And artificial insemination is when a woman is impregnated without sex. In cases where a husband can't give his sperm, a good sample is taken from the sperm bank or a close friend.
Also, if you think rejection is bad, try living with the one who did it.

FullmetalHeart20

Why? People change, laws change etc.. Who is to say that in few hunder years it isnt going to be normal?
I mean so many unimaginable things have hapened regarding sexuality so that isnt as far as it seems.
It's too far because children aren't capable of sex. It's purely for the adult. Even most pedophiles with a conscience know it's wrong.

Karen

boop.
We're discussing incest now assuming it's between consenting adults that happen to share blood. If you're going to involve minors, then laws against statutory rape and such are also meaningless and could be subject to change.

Mookie

If adoption means so little to you, you have a rather shallow view of what family is. And artificial insemination is when a woman is impregnated without sex. In cases where a husband can't give his sperm, a good sample is taken from the sperm bank or a close friend.

Damn man, it is the same as regular sex, child will still get diseases. Just because it is touched with some fancy tools doesnt prevent that. Genetical therapy and tempering of sperm and egg can change that but it costs in 100's of thousands. Adoption you can look at it any way you want. But direct bloodline dies when you lose your offspring. You can adopt as much as you want

Mookie

It's too far because children aren't capable of sex. It's purely for the adult. Even most pedophiles with a conscience know it's wrong.

Let me use your logic. Why is it wrong? We have pregnant 11 yearolds on TV, 12 yearolds and such.

Mookie

We're discussing incest now assuming it's between consenting adults that happen to share blood. If you're going to involve minors, then laws against statutory rape and such are also meaningless and could be subject to change.

Sex is becoming more comon and at an earlier age. What used to hapen in 20-ties hapened in late teens and is now hapening in blody early teens

FullmetalHeart20

It seemed rude to me, because it came across as if you couldn't be bothered to absorb any of the info I had given, just because I didn't give an answer like everyone else was. No, I don't know about all that scientific/genetic mumbo jumbo, but I still have my opinions on the morality of the subject; I've a read a few stories and heard of a few incidents that others haven't mentioned, so I think I deserved to have my say.

As for other types of incest, I think the same applies to all family members. Family should be people you protect and provide support for, or look up to for guidance and stability, not people you f#ck around with. Whatever the blood relation, it's still abusing your power and position as a family member. I used the parent/child example, because I think that is the worst form of incest, but the same could be said towards people abusing their siblings, cousins or any other relative.
Alright, no sarcasm this time. I believe protecting and nurturing is already encouraged in a sexual relationship. At least the mainstream ones. So what does that mean for everyone else if you can't care about the people you sleep with? I'd also like to ask how sexual relations between two equals, such as siblings cousins or aunts and uncles near your own age, is abuse. You never said how that works.

Karen

boop.
Sex is becoming more comon and at an earlier age. What used to hapen in 20-ties hapened in late teens and is now hapening in blody early teens
You posted an image of Pedobear, that symbolizes pedophilia. Pedophilia most commonly refers to an older individual (usually an adult) who is sexually attracted a child, oftentimes under the age of 10. It has nothing to do with consenting teens or pre-teens that want to have sex. When you posted the image, I naturally thought you were asking if it would be okay for an adult to have sex with a child.

Mookie

You posted an image of Pedobear, that symbolizes pedophilia. Pedophilia most commonly refers to an older individual (usually an adult) who is sexually attracted a child, oftentimes under the age of 10. It has nothing to do with consenting teens or pre-teens that want to have sex. When you posted the image, I naturally thought you were asking if it would be okay for an adult to have sex with a child.

I know and that is what I had in mind. To me there are 3 things that discust me. Pedophiles, rapists and incest people.
But an argument can be made if kids are having sex at age of 11 what is wrong with a 20-30-40-yearold giving them some love :/
I mean seriously this discusion is pointless just as this argument for pedophilia.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
I wonder about a person's mental state if they're willing to have sex with a member of their own family, especially one in their immediate family. It may have something to do with a past or ongoing trauma, such as sexual abuse, but I'm certainly no subject-matter expert on this topic. Just a thought.

FullmetalHeart20

Damn man, it is the same as regular sex, child will still get diseases. Just because it is touched with some fancy tools doesnt prevent that. Genetical therapy and tempering of sperm and egg can change that but it costs in 100's of thousands. Adoption you can look at it any way you want. But direct bloodline dies when you lose your offspring. You can adopt as much as you want
'Genetical therapy' was never mentioned. A sperm bank is there to provide women with sperm if they want to have a child, but can't conceive with their husband. Incest probably counts. As for the line dying, what do you think that is? Values and upbringing are more important than having your dads nose.

Mookie

'Genetical therapy' was never mentioned. A sperm bank is there to provide women with sperm if they want to have a child, but can't conceive with their husband. Incest probably counts. As for the line dying, what do you think that is? Values and upbringing are more important than having your dads nose.

To me it isnt. Not being able to have my own child would ruin me and my mental state. Even if I have my own children I will adopt so I can provide to those unfortunate. But still would have my own child to continue my line.
Why wouldnt they be able to concieve? Concieving isnt the problem, problem is having healthy children.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

To be honest here, I'm quite happy that I look a lot like my dad :p sorry for the way off..

anyway, I still don't see why a healthy person would even consider incest, in any form.

but in the end, If people want to have sex with their siblings.. who am I to stop them? I think it's gross, jus like pedophiles..

FullmetalHeart20

Loose comparisons to horrible behavior, implying past trauma in people one doesn't know, firmly believing society will collapse if it's allowed without really elaborating. I know I've heard this before. Where could it have been?image.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts