• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Alxx

Nightingale
    The cold breeze gave Nirryra the chills as she limped down the road. She turned to look behind her, eyes darting to all angles. When she felt it was safe, she let out a sigh of relief and continued on her way. She groaned, the pain in her side was getting worse with each step and it made breathing difficult. Her hand squeezed around the wound to try and desperately ease the pain; she should have been more careful. She should have seen the one behind her- their dead now but the wound remained.

Her loose clumsy footing and the rough paving of the road, she fell forward. She grunted as she tried to pick herself up, the stinging of the wound caused her to fall back down. Sweet Mephala, is this how it ends? A failed attempt on her life, a life threatening wound with no healing potions to heal it? By the tribunal she won't last long unless someone finds her. She prayed for someone to come- anyone.

Last edited:

Vicente Valtiere

Darkness rises when Silence dies.
    As Nirryra slowly closed her eyes, she sensed a presence around. When she opened them, a pale Argonian was standing nearby, looking at her, as if wondering whether to call for help or offer help. Eventually, he seemed to decide, and approached.

He opened his mouth to ask, "Are you okay?", but thought better of it, because she obviously wasn't.
    Rather, he didn't say anything. He just searched around himself, and found a potion.
    "It'll help." he said, handing it over to her. She recognized it as a potion of healing.
    "Take it." he said in that weird voice of his. Most Argonian voices were rough, his was more soft, serpent-like. He gestured the potion toward her once more.

Alxx

Nightingale
    Nirryra eyed the Argoian with caution, thoughts ran through her head about him being sent to finish her off or meant to drag her away to her death- she ceased those thoughts when she saw the potion. She gingerly took it from him and fumbled with the cork. When she got it open she quickly chugged down the liquid, coughing at the burning feeling in her throat. In an instance she felt the stinging pain from her wound ease, ever so carefully she pushed herself up. Looking back up at the Argonian she bowed her head.

"I thank you traveler, I wouldn't have made it without your help." Nirryra said in her soft tone of voice.

In her mind she thanked the tribunal for showing mercy on her. She would make sure not to waste her second chance.

Last edited:

Vicente Valtiere

He pondered her response.
    "Who did that to you?" hee asked, "Because unless they're dealt with, potions only postpone death. I'm Reenesh."
    He held out a scaly hand toward her to shake.

Alxx

Nightingale
    Nirryra shook her head. "You need not worry, the problem has been dealt with for the time being."

She stared a his hand, wondering what he was doing. A sudden realization came to her, seeing that he meant to shake her hand. Remembering her mannerisms and etiquette, she gently shook his hand.

"I am Nirryra, now please let's get a move on."

Nirryra looked back over her shoulder. Even though she may have dealt with the agents that did this, she knew they'd only send more. They were as determined as they were relentless to have her dead.

Vicente Valtiere

Reenesh stared at her for a second, suspicious. For all he knew, she could've not been hurt at all, simply wanting to lure a traveler kind enough to help. Then probably bring them somewhere and kill them, or rob them. Well, if this lady's intentions are anything similar, she's got another thing coming.

He bared his teeth ever so slightly in suspicion.
    "Move on to where?"

Last edited:

Alxx

Nightingale
    "Anywhere but here."

Nirryra knew better then to stay in one place for long, even after a recent attack. She looked back at Reenesh, she probably shouldn't put her trust in him but what choice did she have? If he was sent to kill her then he wouldn't have healed her at all.

"Is there a town nearby? maybe an Inn?"

The Reach was barren, but there was some settlements scattered around, maybe there's one close by?

Vicente Valtiere

Reenesh was surprised that she wanted him to lead her somewhere. I mean, he's no criminal, but it seemed foolish to trust someone so well right away. He had no bad thoughts in mind, but still, she didn't know that.

"I-I'm new to the Reach," he admitted, "but we're near the border to Whiterun Hold. Perhaps Rorikstead?" he gave the suggestion in that same weird voice of his.

Alxx

Nightingale
    She let his suggestion sink in, she wished she kept a map of Skyrim. It would have made navigating this place much easier but he did have a nice suggestion.

"Then lead on." She gestured to him as she spoke.

She may be acting on a leap of faith, but what choice did she have? If he didn't outright kill her and he had no ill intentions for her then she might as well go with it. Besides, if the agents do come back then she has someone to help dispose of them.

Vicente Valtiere

He turned eastward, and started walking at a hurried pace. Despite what she had said, he was quite sure that whatever had harmed her wouldn't give up.

As he walked, he thought to himself. It did seem weird that she was letting him lead her somewhere. For all she knew, he could be heading south! But he was confident by the direction of the wind, and the slowly setting sun, that Rorikstead would come into view any minute now. Then again, it didn't seem so weird that he was leading her. This way, she could keep an eye on him. Smart lady.

After a while, Rorikstead came into view. Just outside the settlement, Reenesh turned to Nirryra, waiting for some sort of response as night officially fell.

Alxx

Nightingale
    As the setting sun finally fell beyond the mountains, she could see a little town- Rorikstead she believed he called it. It was a small town, completely unremarkable in everyway. Perfect place to hide for awhile, Nirryra looked at Reenesh.

"Shall we?" Nirryra asked.

Even though he led her to where he said he would, she would feel a lot better if they weren't outside. A lot of things could happen in the dark, be it thieves, bandits or assassins. Neither made her want to stay out here longer then she wished too, neither did walking in front of a strange man she never met before. Granted he did help her and showed a little trust in her to lead her here, though it doesn't mean she was going put all her faith in him.

Vicente Valtiere

"I recommend Frostfruit Inn," Reenesh pointed to the small building.
    "We can stay there at least until tomorrow, when we can decidr where our trusts lie."
    It was true, too. A good night's sleep clears one's mind. He could tell she was exhausted, and he wasn't exactly hyper either.

So he walked into the small building, trusting she would follow. The dim light gave the hall a warm glow, making the inside air itself soothing. He absent-mindedly walked to the counter.

After about ten seconds, the bartender spoke.
    "You alright, lizard?"
    "Wha-? Oh, yeah. Just tired. Two rooms, please."
    "You're in luck, there's two available."
    "Brilliant. How much?"
    "10 septims a room."

So Reenesh found his coin purse on his person and poured 25 gold on the table.
    "Keep the change," he yawned as the bartender started counting.

Alxx

Nightingale
    "You really didn't need to pay for me. But thank you."

He had no reason to pay for her, if it was an act to impress then she wasn't fazed. if it was an act of chivalry then as flattering as it is it was completely unnecessary. though admittingly she could use the rest and some fresh food. Nirryra couldn't remember the last time she got a decent amount of sleep.

"You know, Normally I would avoid places like these but it feels nice to see what an Inn looks like on the inside." She commented as she looked around the tavern, seeing a few people wander around the Inn.

hershangames

From the other side of the bar, two pitch black feline eyes observed the strange couple that had entered the inn. The girl didn't seem to be wounded, but she had obviously been in a fight, and the argonian wasn't quite standard either, no pacifist wears war paint. They seemed upset, perhaps they were lost? Or running away from something?
    -Only one way to find out-he thought to himself.-

He sat right next to them and observed for a while. They didn't like talking, that was for sure.
    Finally, after quietly listening for quite some time, he decided to talk.
    Hello, I'm Hershan, nice to meet you-he said in an unusually friendly tone- what brings you two to Rorikstead?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Vicente Valtiere

At the sound of the Khajiit's voice, Reenesh turned quickly, his hand instinctively resting on the war axe at his belt. Then he seemed to regain himself, and realized there was no threat. He kept his hand near his war axe, just in case.

Looking at the Khajiit, he responded, "Helping out an..... associate."
    He was careful wording this, as had he said, 'friend', he would be lying. Yet, had he said, 'possible enemy', she would become needlessly suspicious. And right now, as tired as he was, meeting people wasn't in his best interest. If there was one thing Reenesh knew, it was that being tired clouds your judgement.

Alxx

Nightingale
    Nirryra didn't know what to think when the Khajiit walked up to them, her mind instantly went 'assassin'. But as freaked out as she was she did what she could to keep her calm demeanor. She couldn't afford to show fear, if others saw even an ounce of fear it could ruin her. During the exchange between her temporary companion and this odd Khajiit, she kept quiet but when Reenesh drew attention to her she simply looked at the Khajiit. She didn't know what to say, she had already met way too many people then she was comfortable with. This is what she gets for being stupid enough to get caught in an ambush and leave all her stuff behind.

"We were just getting rooms to spend the night in. Nothing more."

hershangames

-Hmm...-he stood up and started turning around them- you two look nervous, is there perhaps something you're not telling me?

There definitely was something they weren't telling him, but he couldn't tell what. In the face if the face girl he was able to see fear. Fear of what? Him? The way Reneesh had grabbed his axe also denoted a certain fear.

Hmm, so they were running away from something. This could be useful, it had been weeks since his last income.

Vicente Valtiere

Reenesh calmly looked at him.
    "Look, sir. No offense, but even if there was, you have no need to know."
    His red eyes flashed.
    "No rudeness meant, but curiosity, more often than not, gets you the tip of a blade."
    He calmed down a little before continuing, "I'm sorry, sir. But surely you can respect that secrets are earned through trust."

Alxx

Nightingale
    "What my companion says is true, secrets aren't so easily earned... but yes, I am keeping something from you both."

If her ruined outfit didn't make it obvious that she barely escaped an encounter with whoever she faced then she didn't know what clued them in.

"You saw my outfit, so why don't you just say it."

She wasn't scared right now, if he wanted to stick his nose where it didn't belong then he might as well just say what he thinks their hiding- well her actually.

hershangames

Hershan laughed on the inside. The situation looked good.
    -I think you just got in a fight with someone powerful, and you barely survived. But even though you survived, that someone can still send people for you. And so you're trying to escape.-

If he was right about his suspicions, they'd need protection. And protection was expensive this days... On the other hand, if they were against someone powerful, this could be a great opportunity to restart his hunt for power.
    However it was, this could turn out to be a great deal for him, if he played the right cards of course.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts