Okay, you grew up in Skyrim...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Benthos

Proud Mer
Take your IRL family and friends and place you guys in Skryim, compare the towns and your own residence and figure out (to the best of your ability) where in Skyrim you would've grown up and lived. What race are you (try to pick what best describes your family) and how would your family behave? Would they support Ulfric or would they be all for the Empire? Would they and you be most similar to an NPC or perhaps combine personalities in order to recreate a person you know IRL in that universe?

I believe I would've been an Imperial or a Bosner/Wood Elf who lived in either Riverwood or another small town like it. First immigrated to Skyrim and had to get through Solitude in order to move where we felt best and lived there supporting the Empire like some do and don't in my family toward the US Government. A couple (my younger sister especially) would've turned to support Ulfric but not scream out "Skyrim belongs to the Nords". I also feel that a couple of my family members wouldn't understand the Khajit and fall for the following belief of how bad they were (some true but some not). I would go out and seek adventures much to my mother's displeasure (father would be a drunk or out in battle for either side somewhere just not in the picture) and eventually settle down and run an inn or tavern sharing stories. I would have joined the Legion and been assigned guard duty... probably in Falkreath or Rorikstead for my luck and I'd be one of the guards that say "My cousin's out fighting dragons and what do I get? Guard duty." I would be hitting on any younger ladies in the area, if it's Falkreath, probably the innkeeper or the... yeah, because it's my only option other than the much older High Elf who works by the Jarl's side or the crazy house maid... yikes...

Maybe I'd get a lucky break and go to Whiterun and I'd be attempting to hit on Ysolda, Lydia, Olfina, or Saadia? Seems about right! :)
Some of those bandits seem very sexy though, I'll admit, maybe go capture one or convince her to leave her ways to live with me as an honest citizen? Who knows, what say you, forum? Try not to say you're the dragonborn, if we're going by that logic then we're ALL dragonborn, try to be as part of our own lives but in the Elder Scrolls universe. If you believe you wouldn't live in Skyrim, just say where you would be instead but try to say why you would swing by or sent to for whatever reason.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I would imagine that I would be a Nord, based on my heritage. My father and my brother and I would run a lumber mill in the Pale probably. My brother and I would hire ourselves to sea captains for work if we really needed the money

Wildroses

Well, strictly following the pattern of my parent's life together and my childhood homes, my parents would have met, married and had me while studying in the College of Winterhold. My father would have been raised in Winterhold and was studying restoration and illusion magic, while my mother was the daughter of a farmer who was studying illusion and alteration magic. While I was still a baby, they would have moved to Dawnstar, moving back to Winterhold after three years. My brother would have been born during this second residence in Winterhold. A year after his birth my family moved to Karthwasten, and after two and a half years then moved to Solitude, where we (finally) settled. When I grew up, my parents sent me back to Winterhold to study, where I stayed. After my studies I hung around being useful to the Jarl in small ways, hoping to be a steward one day. My father would be a restoration mage. He'd have hated Ulfric Stormcloak. My mother would have been a clerk for the East Empire shipping company before my brother's special needs hit the point where he required full time care. She wouldn't have given politics much thought or time.

But in all honesty, I think it likely my parents if living in Skyrim really would have gone straight to a city with nice big walls guarded by lots of strong guards and stayed there forever because Skryim is a freaking dangerous place. Actually, scratch that, I think my entire family would have died if we really lived in Skyrim. None of us are exactly the stuff heroes are made of physically. Weak, unfit, plump and frail sums us up pretty well. Our lives in Skyrim would be short and brutal.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Probably a nord, who grew up in one of the random little farms around skyrim. My family and i would have sided with the stormcloaks.

stagnant94

it's not really the same, but i'd say that i'd be an imperial living in imperial city. because IRL i am a londoner. and we had an empire full of arseholes as well.

if it's skyrim only then probably solitude

Morgan

I'd be any one of those dirty farmers hoeing cabbage fields. Ask about my politics I'd pretty much spit, scratch myself, and say, "You talkin' bout the goldurn elves? Or all them Stormy pants?" Then go back to hog-wrasslin' or whatever. 'Cause I'm only like half a generation away from that IRL.

I definitely grew up in Riften: great fun as a child, lots of places to explore and interesting people to talk to. My father was Breton and was a minor member of the Thieve's Guild, my mother was Nord and worked as a clerk in the fisheries. My uncle was Maven Blackbrier's number two, but worked mainly as an administrator, and my aunt ran the orphanage (until she was assassinated). I was packed off the the college as a young boy and rarely went back home as the things and people that interested me as a child no longer held any appeal.

jarif

A Nord that grew up as a homeless orphan, every family he has known as a child died, my village destroyed from a powerful evil. Not knowing my parents, i survived harsh winters, starvation and nightmarish creatures like trolls and such. I was but a soul that no one cared about and i was nothing. Till one day i had strange visions of a dragon of black wings and a old dragon called ''Paarthurnax''. i thought i was going to die till a bright light came infront of my eyes and out of that light came a old man with grey robes and a big beard. He took me in and became a father to me, trained me the ''way of the warrior (with some samurai disciplined)'', he said i should use my voice for good but i diddnt understand. He told that he knew my father and he was a legendary adventurer, he said he was something called ''dragonborn'' but i thought he was joking since dragons were a fairy tail. Many years later he died and i had nothing, with no money i become what my birth father was... a adventure, years to i come i went to live at a mountain training myself with the sword that i self taught myself to smith, hunting my bow for food and eventually 3 years later i setted foot on Skyrim ( the man i called father took me to my home land from time to time as a child) with out any knowledge what was about to become. That i would be Dragonborn.... FUS RO DAH!!! :D

I would probably be a Breton or Imperial, living in Solitude, my family would support the empire. My dad would be ex imperial navy if that exists, but since Skyrim hs no equivalent to an engineer I have no idea of what he would do. My mother would be a healer. I would be either a ranger or a mage since I am small but smart and sneaky. Not a thief/ assassin though, we would be devout followers of the "nine divines" secretly for Talos.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I'd be a Nord based on my heritage, probably living in either Rorikstead, with my extended family living in Riverwood. My family would not support the empire to varying degrees, but the different family members may or may not support Ulfric either. I personally would not support him or the Empire. My dad would be a carpenter/blacksmith, and I think that my mom would be a mage (if you consider that the Skyrim equivalent of IT :p ). I would be a spellsword because I value knowledge as well as physical activity. My family would follow the Divines, but we would be more interested in enacting the principles of the Divines than praying at shrines. I would probably leave home for Markarth or Falkreath someday, or I would travel all of Skyrim.

Twiffle

Easy, Whiterun and im Brenuin . . . . ill let you all figure the rest out, :D

AS88

Staff member
I've thought about this for a while, after seeing the thread and not having time to reply..

So, my father Willem (William IRL) has led a pretty interesting life for a Nord. He's a big guy, plump, but still touching 6ft and strong as an ox after a life of hard work. Growing up on an isolated farm hidden away between Windhelm and Riften (Yorkshire IRL), he left his parents to seek his own life, not wanting to carry on the boring life of a farmer.
He leaves and travels with a couple of friends, and ends up mining in Kynesgrove. Being a big, strong young Nord, he makes good money and a few good friends, but soon tires of life in the caves. Seeking something totally different, he heads over to Solitude and becomes a sailor with the East Empire Company (IRL, he joined the Merchant Navy). He loves the life on the seas, and the adventure, but the money isn't great, so after seeing a few places and meeting a few people he decides to try something different.
Having grown up on a farm, he's pretty good on a horse (anything with an engine, IRL), and still wants to see the world, so becomes a courier for important mail and secret goods (HGV driver). His work takes him all over Skyrim, and he enjoys the control he has in his work. He's 24 years old when he meets my mother.

Jana (Jane IRL) has lived her whole life in Riften (North Lincolnshire IRL), and has led a fairly boring life as a barmaid and shop worker. She is a Nord, but petite due to her half-Breton mother. She has spent most of her life helping her father run his carpentry business and look after her eldest son, after his father left to travel alone.
She's fairly sick of Riften, but understands she'll probably never leave, due to her family ties and lack of Septims to set up anywhere else, that is until she meets Willem in the Bee and Barb one night. They are perfect for each other, and immediately get together and move to a modest home just outside Shor's Stone, which Willem had bought with his earnings from his various adventures.

They live together happily for a few years, until Willem is out on a job with his friends. He is travelling through the Reach where he is hit by an arrow shot by some rebels seeking the info Willem's group is carrying (IRL, motorbike accident). Willem is brought back as far as Whiterun, where he spends months being healed at the Temple of Kynareth. Jana visited whenever she could, risking life and limb travelling through the winter to visit her love. When Willem was well enough to return home, they decided the time was right to start a family.

And that's where I come along, Audun (Adam, IRL). The family moves to Shor's Stone and settles, and I have a great childhood in the village. As I get older, I grow taller than my father, standing at 6'2", but still show the typcially Breton academic aptitude mother had. I am taken to Riften to learn with the other children, and am eventually offered a place at the College of Winterhold, to study Alteration and Restoration magic (University of Lincoln - Law degree IRL). I jump at the chance, and the whole family is proud, and I leave at the earliest opportunity, aged 18. My father encourages me to try something different, and approves of my arcane study, after adventuring enough to have witnessed the power magic can have over people. He also makes sure I stick to my Nord values, however, and continues the physical training I've loved my whole life with a blade or bow in my hand in my hand, covered in light armour.

After a year at the College, I return home, my mother is dying, and father needs help taking care of business. Mother eventually dies (Cancer, IRL), and we are heartbroken, we were the closest family in the village, probably all of Skyrim, and mother's death tears father apart. We argue due to the grief, and I decide to return to the College to continue my studies, mother never wanted me to interrupt my studies in the first place, she was so proud. Father and I stay in touch by courier, and occassionally we travel to visit each other, but the roads are dangerous these days.

Eventually I leave the College, having completed my mandatory study and being encouraged to go and seek my own studies (graduation next year, IRL). Father is slightly disappointed by the fact I have started to dabble in illusion, destruction and conjuration magic during my last couple of years at Winterhold (become more interested in business, rather than law, IRL), but understands I must make my own choices and live by them, after we talk about things. Father has struggled to make ends meet, and has started working as a courier again, and while we have great love for each other, it is now my time to travel and see the things he has seen through my own eyes (IRL, I want to travel, and then settle and work).

Character card-
Name: Audun
Race: Nord (75%) Breton (25%)
Height: 6'2"
Class: Spellsword/Nightblade
Major skills: Alteration, 1h, sneak, light armour, destruction
Minor skills: Restoration, illusion, archery
Personality: Inquisitive, intelligent, friendly, good humoured. Can be manipulative and devious when necessary.
Lawful/Neutral - Good

AS88

Staff member
LONGEST POST EVER BTW ^

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts