• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jelter

I went back to Riverwood, to use Sven as a companion, since I want a good one to carry my stuff, and Faedanal isn't that great. Anyway, I go into the Inn and it turns out somehow, EVERYONE in it is dead? I never killed them... and I can't bring them back to life because I'm playing on 360. Anyone know how this could happen?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
More information would be helpful, or you can simply try a earlier save before you used Sven as a companion & see if the people in the Inn are alive.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Then try an earlier save & see if you have the same problem. Out of curiosity, how far into the game are you ?

dbukalski

maybe one of the people outside got attacked by random encounter and went indoors. The enemy(lets say bear) followed in and killed everyone

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I doubt it, not in Riverwood, he needs to try loading an earlier save.

Boyd

Article Writah
Could of been a kill glitch, here's way how this happens.

You kill everyone, it autosaves and once it's done you load an earlier save, causes them to still be dead on any save.

You killed people b4, it autosaved and you and left location, there's a glitch that will cause the bodies to move to a different location in the city.

Or transfer data to the computer and resurrect them, but I don't think you have PC Version... So sorry

Speech500

That's freaki

Windress

Have you tried fast traveling as far away as possible (let's say Solitude or Marketh... just somewhere far removed) from Riverwood, waiting for about 4 in game days, and then returning? There are instances in which glitches reset themselves and repair the damage they have done, particularly in towns. Sometimes the wait time is longer. I know average map reset timeline is 14 in game days... sooo...

jelter

Ouch, sorry to revive a dead thread, been very busy. Yeah, I tried traveling far, I just got up to finding Alduin (I don't wanna kill Paarthurnax, well I don't think I should now anyway), and I'm almost level 30. He's still dead on the ground, sometimes he ends up dead in a different spot when I go into the inn. It could be that glitch where it autosaved. I did kill everyone at one point when I was bored, I'm not sure if it autosaved, but when I started playing again I know for a fact I went back to an old game save, and he was alive when I started again (it was the first thing I checked).

I guess now that I'm so far, there's no point going all that way back for him to be alive again. Yes, I don't have the PC version. :sadface: I wasn't sure if I'd really like this game or not, so I got it half price on 360, which saved me buying a new graphics card. The dragon/encounter could be that too, every time a dragon attacks during an awkward time for me and kills NPCs, I tend to go back and do something else before going back to the city (so it doesn't appear).