• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aynathur Saëhill

Hi guys!

What happens when you try to go off the grid in Skyrim?
By that I mean, say, keep going North?
Anyone tried it?? Some fun tips?

- Aynathur

Sean

lost somewhere
Hi guys!

What happens when you try to go off the grid in Skyrim?
By that I mean, say, keep going North?
Anyone tried it?? Some fun tips?

- Aynathur

What do you mean by "off the grid?"
It is a game, so there are barriers surrounding the map.

If you are on PC, and go past those barriers, you will eventually hit a wall of some kind.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
If you go too far in any direction you just meet an impassable invisible wall. I haven't tried swimming North out of Skyrim personally, but I've gone the breadth of Skyrim to each extreme edge, and each time was met by the invisible wall. My guess would be you experience the same by going North or South to far.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
basicly you can only go so far before you hit the limit...an invisible wall that blocks you path, even if you try to follow a road, it will lead you to a wall.

Actually, there are some things.

As others have said, you can't get past the border of Skyrim, unless you use console commands on the computer version. You can use the commands to "cut" yourself past this invisible wall and continue on. What you can find past the border is.........the entire rest of Tamriel, sort of. It's quite buggy, and graphically flawed, but you can still find trees, mountains and even structures. Obviously, nothing happens out there, no NPC's or intractable items, just the landscape.

It's explained more in detail here.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Yaknow, given the amount of roads with little overpass things going over them that when you approach them you get stopped and there's a little blurb in the top left side of your screen that says "you can't go this way, asshole," I was really hoping that maybe - just maybe - there would be DLC eventually added allowing me to go past those parts. Instead, it's just an incrossible border, designed only to get me all excited and then leave me hanging disappointed. Which is why I came to the conclusion that only men designed this game.