Off of the SKYRIM subject.. Whats better??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

which is the superior platform in you opinon??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I play Skyrim on my Ps3, but I still would always say PC is top.

BreakfastClub718

Definitely PS3, huge amount of exclusive games. To be honest the only thing pc does better is graphics, mods and whatnot although I do like pc gaming, then I would put 360 last, I mean it's a good console but its game library is a joke. Pc gaming is a dying trend unfortunately :sadface:

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
I second the 360 comment above.

Tacocat

PC. Always. Though it is hugely dependent on how up-to-date your computer is in terms of graphic cards, memory, power, etc. If you manage to perfect your computer; gaming is intense!

Let's not forget the versatility with PC in terms of modding/editing, and just plain gameplay. Mouse + Keyboard just stomps controller. You can turn faster, click faster, button mash faster (especially if you can keybind), and scroll through things faster. It's less tedious than console gaming.

And that's where I find Wii with the console gaming edge. It can do something the PC can't with its motion sensing games. And no, don't bring up Kinect. That thing is terrible.

LordTalos

PC because consoles will always be behind except from the exclusives. (like playstation has god of war) Saying that I own all consoles, this is just a honest opinion

dale112

PCs. consoles have to have exclusives to keep up with them.

Let's not forget the versatility with PC in terms of modding/editing, and just plain gameplay. Mouse + Keyboard just stomps controller. You can turn faster, click faster, button mash faster (especially if you can keybind), and scroll through things faster. It's less tedious than console gaming.

brandon

im gonna dissagree with all of you i absolutly hate pc. the whole mouse keyboard thing pisses me off and only certain games let you use a controller. ps3 has some great games that are exclusive but so does xbox. now the next metal gear is gonna be on both. i only wish they could make fallout or skyrim like wow to where you can interact with other players. and with xbox its only $50 a year and even though ps3 is free they also got hacked. where its like $15 a month for wow and you have to pay for each game seperatly on pc

dale112

i herd a couple years ago they were trying to get wow on the xbox.. to big imo. and thats whats steams for i guess

brandon

idk i tried wow and didnt like it. my roommate at ft campbell(at the time) was addicted to it. but something like fallout would be cool if it was done like like borderlands. everyother year or so im out of the country so i dont hear everything. what i think is gonna be awesome before i leave gets put on the self by the rest of the world and im stuck trying to play catch up. i got lucky this year with skyrim

demujin

Pc gaming is a dying trend unfortunately :sadface:

Yep, last year few games were released solely for the PC, aside from Indy games and small scale flash and what not (CIV 5 comes to mind as a PC only title). I prefer PC gaming, in fact I don't own a console, but it is dying a slow death it seems. Powerful gaming PCs are expensive to build, compared to consoles, and require more technical understanding. It's easier to develop for for a console(I think) and easier to prevent piracy. Gaming consoles, personal computer systems, TVs and stereos are moving towards further integration as well.

brandon

my only problem with pcs is the whole keyboard mouse thing. controllers are way easier and you can map on new games like you can on the pc. its just to hard to find a buch of games that support the same controller software for pcs. it gets too damn expensive.

demujin

keyboard/ mouse vs. controller is a hotly debated issue between some. But the Keyboard/mouse setup is better for RTS strategy and turn based strategy, imo. The controller is hands down better for platform games. And the the Wii, as tacocat mentioned does offer a unique gaming experience. It can also emulate mouse playing in turn enabling strategy gaming.

brandon

but back on the subject on which one i preffer prior 2006 i was all about playstation. i had a laptop too but just for vid chat. and movies. i loved the playstion games. and nobody i knew at the time had xbox either. but when i got to germany i fried my ps2 cause dude at the store said you just need an adapter. he was wrong. my neighbor had an xbox and was always listening to music while playing games and i fell in love with xbox on that day. running around on halo/ halo 2 listening to slayer and lamb of god was f&*king awesome so i was sold on xbox from that day till now. i bought a ps3 in 2009ish just to see the difference between blue ray games and 360 games. wasnt enough wow factor to win me back sorry

NoVa

Bossmer
Xbox ever since I really got into gaming for the Halo series. Plus the keyboard/mouse makes me stretch my fingers way too far to accomplish something as simple as crouching. Triggers for guns and bows just makes more sense to me!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
X360 if not solely for the controller, the game library. I literally laughed out loud at the statement above saying the PS3's library was greater than the 360's. The 360 has literally been taking exclusives away from the PS3 even before the PS3 was released, and even more so after that brick came out and flopped. Is it playing catch up and doing well? Sure. It's finally been long enough that Sony was able to drop the price on it to a comparable level. People wanted to buy a video game system, not a Blu-Ray player, no matter how cheap. The Xbox Live experience has always trumped PS3's online system (hell, it didn't even have one at launch, basically.) Between the horrid controller and the terribly un-user friendly UI I barely touch my PS3, which I wouldn't have if I wasn't able to pick one up for 200 bucks. I play the Ico and Shadows of the Colossus remake and that's about it. If a game is multi-platform, I'll always buy it on 360. Hell even the few PS3 exclusives that I wanted to play I ended up not liking. Not because of the platform, but because of the games...

PC shouldn't be included. I play games on a console, and then on PC as well if it is a good enough game to warrant it. I have BF3 and Skyrim on both the 360 and PC. I built this computer for BF3, and it destroys it. Skyrim on it for the mods and modding. Also beautiful.

EDIT: And this is the Skyrim General Discussion... a "Let's get away from SKYRIM for a second" thread belongs elsewhere...

EDIT #2: Not to mention on a multiplatform game forum, there is no reason to form a rift between the people over the different consoles they prefer. If you prefer PC or PS3 over 360, I'll tell you now, I really don't care, but making false reasons as to why, I'll counter, but honestly I don't care if you prefer a different console then me. It doesn't affect me in any way. Enjoy your gaming!

BreakfastClub718

Dude I own both
X360 if not solely for the controller, the game library. I literally laughed out loud at the statement above saying the PS3's library was greater than the 360's. The 360 has literally been taking exclusives away from the PS3 even before the PS3 was released, and even more so after that brick came out and flopped. Is it playing catch up and doing well? Sure. It's finally been long enough that Sony was able to drop the price on it to a comparable level. People wanted to buy a video game system, not a Blu-Ray player, no matter how cheap. The Xbox Live experience has always trumped PS3's online system (hell, it didn't even have one at launch, basically.) Between the horrid controller and the terribly un-user friendly UI I barely touch my PS3, which I wouldn't have if I wasn't able to pick one up for 200 bucks. I play the Ico and Shadows of the Colossus remake and that's about it. If a game is multi-platform, I'll always buy it on 360. Hell even the few PS3 exclusives that I wanted to play I ended up not liking. Not because of the platform, but because of the games...

PC shouldn't be included. I play games on a console, and then on PC as well if it is a good enough game to warrant it. I have BF3 and Skyrim on both the 360 and PC. I built this computer for BF3, and it destroys it. Skyrim on it for the mods and modding. Also beautiful.

EDIT: And this is the Skyrim General Discussion... a "Let's get away from SKYRIM for a second" thread belongs elsewhere...

EDIT #2: Not to mention on a multiplatform game forum, there is no reason to form a rift between the people over the different consoles they prefer. If you prefer PC or PS3 over 360, I'll tell you now, I really don't care, but making false reasons as to why, I'll counter, but honestly I don't care if you prefer a different console then me. It doesn't affect me in any way. Enjoy your gaming!
dude I own both consoles and ps3 obliterates 360 in terms of exclusives..360s two biggest games are generic shooters, and bluray is awesome which is why 360 needs some games on 2 or more disks. Don't get me started the 360 is a failure in so many ways (ps3 ain't perfect I know) playstation has always been known to make better and more diverse games than the 360s unoriginal crap.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts