OOC Of Tyrants and Patriots [18+]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aden Komad

Misfortunate Soul
    High Lord Tiberius Acheron
    Self-Proclaimed Ruler of High Rock, Hammerfell, and Skyrim
    Tyrant_zpsd80372ab.jpg

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

After the Dragonborn ended the Civil War in Skyrim and cast down Alduin for all of eternity, the war torn land could finally know a brief peace. The rule of the land had been returned rightfully to the Nords as the Empire withdrew alongside the Thalmor. But that wasn't enough for Ulfric. In secret he contacted the new emperor in Cyrodiil after the former was assassinated during the war. Now that the conflict had ended it was time to enact their joint plan.

The Stormcloaks rallied once again, now a well outfitted and legitimate army, and marched on the home of the Imperial people. The Aldmeri Dominion was honestly caught off guard at such a bold move so quickly. They committed their own army to the field, determined to keep their loss of control to only Skyrim. So a large portion of the Dominion's force sailed to Cyrodiil and combined their might with the Imperial army. The three armies met at the border. Ulfric had expected such a reaction and his army fortified their position before the enemy arrived. It was dusk when the three armies met in the field.

As steel clashed, arrows flew, and magic filled the air at the base of the mountain range that was the battleground. But slowly the Imperial forces began to move back until they were behind the Dominion soldiers and that's when the trap was sprung. The elven army was trapped between to between to enemies as the Imperials cut them down from the rear. Too late they realized their mistake; the battle had already turned. When dawn came both Imperial and Nord alike cheered. Both were now free of the Thalmor's hold.

With most of their forces wiped out, the Aldmeri Dominion withdrew to their strongholds of Valenwood and the Summerset Isles. They had been mortally wounded and they knew it. A few more battles took place and within a year the Thalmor were little more than a memory; their only true presence left in Tamriel was upon the Summerset Isles after the Bosmer left the Dominion. And finally the world was at peace.

But nothing lasts forever and there are always those with a hunger for more. three years after the Dominion War, a new threat arose from the home of the Bretons by the name of Tiberius Acheron. He was a half-Imperial, half-Breton man who had come from extreme poverty but believed he was chosen by the Divines for greatness. So in his teenage years he rallied the peasants against the nobility, slowly. His plans would be years in the making as he turned all of the ill will they had always harbored into more than self pity. In secret they begged, borrowed, or stole all that they would need; weapons, armor, loyalty, and favors.

By the end of the Dominion War his plans were at an end. The peasants supported him completely and he had blackmailed or bribed much of the military. The coup was over quickly and the king of High Rock lay dead as Tiberius took the throne. He quickly proved himself a reformer...and a tyrant. He executed the nobility claiming that all men were equal, with the exception of himself and his divine purpose. That purpose?

To purify Tamriel of evil; both within and without. Orcs, Khajiit, and Argonians were now the target of death squads. Tiberius claimed the gods saw them as mutants with no place or purpose, thus they needed to die so that the golden age he envisioned could come to fruition. He also sought to 'cure' people of behaviors he viewed as evil or a threat to him. Everyone must be equal, whether it be wealth or thought. All must serve something greater than themselves or their base desires.

Now in a mere five years after the end of the Dragon Crisis he has conquered half of Tamriel. Hammerfell and Skyrim now fall under the shadow of his tyrannical reign. However Skyrim has halted his conquest of the world for now, because of a small but desperate rebellion. Many Nords refuse to bow. They rid themselves of one occupation only to face another. The resistance to his rule has been so fierce that Tiberius himself has come to the frigid land. He has set himself up in Solitude and fortified the capital beyond any expectations. The hills around Solitude now sport an army and a camp nearly as large as the capital itself. The High Lord is determined to crush this rebellion and resume his divine quest.

But beyond the ambition of a conqueror, a shadow hangs over the world. A shadow that will not reveal itself as it pulls the strings of this new conflict. The world is once again on the brink of utter destruction. But this time there is no great hero as the Dragonborn seems to have vanished. Thus our fates now rest with those who have thrown in with the rebellion against the Tyrant and his shadow...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The plot revolves around a rebellion against the so called High Lord and his divine mission to scour Nirn of all evil. But not everything is as it seems. Free Tamriel from this new wave of oppression and discover the truth behind this...divine mandate.

1.) ALL character cards submitted should follow the template. I will look over applications and make a decision normally within a day. Simply posting an application does not guarantee acceptance. Along with that, I would like a sample of original writing. A paragraph is acceptable, but feel encouraged to write more. This is shows us your writing style as well as show me how well, complex, and serious you approach even a simple writing.

2.) Power playing (or, "god modding") will not be tolerated. Give your character reasonable abilities and skills. Do not make them knowledgeable of information they cannot possibly know. A realistic character with believable flaws is much more likable and interesting. This includes 'scripting' other people's characters to perform actions or say something without their expressed permission.

3.) Please try to remain active in the thread. Post regularly, at the very post at least once a week. You are required to explain absences longer than a week or your character will be removed from the roleplay.

4.) Be fair to your fellow role players. Try to make sure all participants are included.

5.) This is a MATURE thread, rated 18+. Profanity, graphic violence, disturbing images, and sexual themes will be included, so please be advised.

6.) However just because this is mature, doesn't mean you should write raunchy sex scenes. Story, not smut. So long as any profanity or sexual themes are included both tastefully, reasonably and at the best of discretion they will be accepted.

7.) Proper spelling, grammar, and sentence structure are required. Type your posts in a word processor for proof reading if it will help. This makes posts easier and better to read. I will be expecting this of all players, so please keep that in mind when applying as it can mean denial.

8.) I would prefer that players in this story be only involved in 2 or 3 other roleplays simultaneously. Simply for the fact that posts are generally of better quality when there are fewer obligations for the player.

9.) Player involvement will be capped at a maximum of 5-6 players, including myself. However players may be invited to create and include their own minor, recurring "NPC" if they so choose. This would be a character of the player's choosing meant to enrich their own experience and the experience of the other players. For example, someone such as a relative or friend of your character. Please understand this doesn’t mean you can have two characters. This “NPC” would not be present at all times, normally disappearing after the beginning few posts. However they can be reintroduced if it ties into the story and makes logical sense. Of course other npcs, such as a generic guard or barkeep, are perfectly acceptable if the situation requires creation of one.

10.) Other than the above rules, all other general forum rules set by Skyrim staff and the forums apply; such as treating all others with respect, no fighting, etc. Thanks and good luck!

Application

Name:

Race:

Birthplace:

Alliances or Affiliations:

Appearance:

Gear:

Personality:

History:

Writing Sample:

Aden Komad

Misfortunate Soul
    Name: Aden Masavii Komad

Race: Breton

Birthplace: Evermor, High Rock

Alliances or Affiliations: Himself, though he has contacts within the Thieves' Guild.

Appearance: He posses the normal characteristics of his people. Appearing as a pale human, like most Bretons, he has a slight of build and while a bit more muscular than his people not nearly so as Nords or Redguards. His Elvish ancestry is more apparent than most with his sharp eyebrows, very slightly pointed ears, and his high cheekbones. His shaggy, blonde hair often frames his handsome visage and piercing azure eyes.

Gear: He doesn't prefer armor. He simply wears his silken attire with leather straps and silver buckles. His boots are made from the skin of baby Horkers and are very comfortable, but also allow his footsteps to be muffled.

Personality: His personality is erratic. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to his actions. No direction to his motives. He takes on jobs but seems to put very little thought into which one. He acts one part hardened mercenary and one part folk hero. He has a 'flowing' view of morality and his own personal code of ethics. He protects the innocent, yet exploits them as well. But at the same time his exploitations do not harm those involved unless they are direct enemies of his. He displays both kindness and cruelty. Passion and Apathy. Peace and Fury. He is like a broken mirror. Multiple reflections but neither show the truth reflected therein.

History: His past is shrouded in mystery. Whether he has hidden it, someone else has, or any other number of reasons the only way to learn about the strange man and his past would be from his own lips.

Writing Sample: See above or the blog entry on Aden.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Hmm, I'm very tempted to join. I'm moving house soon, and I won't have an internet connection for a while afterwards; I'd hate to slow down your RP so early. However, if I do decide to join, you can expect a CC before I move, at least. I write a lot for my CCs, so I'll try my best to keep to the template. Is there any particular rules for CCs other than the ones above?

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    I am unable to write a CC until Sunday, I hope not all the places are filled by then

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    I have half a mind to drop a Cc. Then I realised it was YOU who gave it an 18+ rating.
    Interesting Dileama...

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    To put it simply, I never took 18+ ratings seriously until I read one of his posts in another Roleplay (his own actually). Made me feel queasy.

EpicVakarian

BASIC
    NAME Olivia Skylstad
    NICKNAME "Liv"
    RACE Nord
    GENDER Female
    AGE 24
    BIRTHPLACE Whiterun, Wind District
    LATERALITY Right-handed
    SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    CLASS/OCCUPATION Hired knight
    HEALTH Healthy
    AFFLICTIONS None
    AFFILIATIONS None
    RELIGION Worships Talos, Arkay and Kynareth
    DIALOGUE COLOUR Sky blue
    APPEARANCE
    174887-bigthumbnail.jpg
    EYES Light blue, green flecks
    HEIGHT 5'8"
    WEIGHT 130lbs
    SCARS One on her shoulder
    HAIR Pale blonde, waist-length
    SKIN Very pale
    BUILD Quite short for a Nord, fairly slender; but still strong enough to hold her own in a fight.
    PERSONALITY
    POSITIVE TRAITS Very modest, very loyal. Kind, loving, intelligent and quick-thinking.
    NEGATIVE TRAITS Often doubts herself, can easily be unbalanced by emotional attachments.
    LIKES Friends, family, relaxing, fighting people who wish her friends and family harm.
    DISLIKES Recklessness, arrogance, selfishness. People who look down on others because of their social standing.
    EQUIPMENT
    ARMOUR Combines both protection and agility; a black leather bodysuit covering her torso and legs, with steel armour plates on select parts of the body, consisting of a corset and chestplate, a belt, a pair of thigh-length boots, and a pair of forearm-guards, leaving her hands open and her arms relatively light.
    WEAPONS A steel sword, forged specifically to her needs; a fairly long blade, with a hand-and-a-half hilt, yet still light enough to be as agile as she is herself.
    16751-1-1336598084.jpg
    BIOGRAPHY
    CHILDHOOD Olivia was born in the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun, barely two minutes after her twin brother, Felix. They were both raised well by their mother, Yvette, and their father, Erik. They had plenty of money, as Erik was a fairly wealthy merchant, well-known and well-respected around the Whiterun markets.
    However, when Olivia and Felix were nine, Yvette died, having battled Ataxia for eighteen months, leaving the money she'd saved up over her life to her children, and giving each of them something to remember her by. Felix got a little wooden sword from when he'd been younger, that Yvette had kept for emotional reasons. Olivia was given the necklace that her mother had worn for over twenty years. She treasured it greatly, and still does. She never wears it, as she feels it would be disrespectful to her mother; instead, she keeps it buried deep in an inside pocket, where no-one can pickpocket it from her.
    A year after Yvette's death, Erik decided that Olivia and Felix should receive combat training. He sent them to an old friend of his in Dragonsreach; the current weapons master, Kjeld, who taught them both how to fight. It was easy for Felix, as he'd wanted to fight since he could walk; Olivia, being a young girl, learnt the hard way that she had to put aside what she'd been for the past ten years and become a warrior.
    TEENAGE YEARS Their training continued well into their teens, and the other children learned quickly not to bully them, and especially not to try and take Olivia's necklace. Both children had small, inconsequential relationships as they grew up, Felix more than Olivia because he was so much more confident. Even so, none of them really went anywhere.
    When the twins were nineteen, the Dragon Crisis started, and the Stormcloak rebellion came to a head. As much as Olivia understood the Stormcloaks' frustration at being under Thalmor control, she believed that the Empire simply wasn't strong enough yet to fight the elves.
    To start with, the war took a sideline, as the Dragonborn swept through Whiterun, having escaped Alduin at Helgen and killed the dragon at the Western Watchtower, almost immediately becoming Balgruuf's Thane. Olivia and Felix both idolized the Dragonborn, and his ability in a fight. They began to fight harder and harder in training, in an effort to reach his level; the level at which a dragon was no more than a pest.
    But before they could reach it, a Stormcloak invasion of Whiterun came. Olivia and Felix took up arms against the invaders, defending their home against those who would hurt it. They ended up fighting off Stormcloaks together, all the while watching each other's backs. However, when Olivia saw their mentor, Kjeld, charging down from Dragonsreach to join not the Empire, but the Stormcloaks, she went into a rage. She could not forgive his betrayal, and completely forgot about Felix while she bravely fought the person who had taught her everything she knew.
    However, she remembered about him just as his voice screamed out in pain. She whisked round to see him laying on the ground, bleeding profusely from the nose with a Stormcloak soldier standing over him, grinning sadistically. Kjeld took advantage of her momentary distraction to take a slice at her; Olivia dodged, but still took a hit to the arm, leaving a deep cut on her left shoulder. She roared and swung her sword with all the strength she could gather, and Kjeld's headless corpse fell to the ground, his head rolling away with his satisfied smirk still planted on his face.
    Now Olivia rushed toward Felix, and cut down the last Stormcloak mercilessly. But it was too late; Felix had already lost his left leg, and was lying unconscious while blood poured from the stump. Olivia rushed him to the Temple of Kynareth, where the priests murmured words of healing and staunched the bleed with a tourniquet. Felix was alive, though permanently disabled, and unable to fight. Olivia wanted to throw down her weapons forever, as her anger and recklessness had caused his disfigurement. Felix convinced her otherwise; he could no longer fight himself, but Olivia could, and that was good enough for him.
    ADULTHOOD The morning after the invasion, the sun rose to see the Empire still in control, and the Stormcloaks repelled. No-one knew what had happened to Felix except Olivia and Felix himself, who told their father but no-one else the truth. They told the rest that the siblings had simply gotten separated, which was an extension of the truth, leaving Olivia out of the blame.
    A few weeks after the invasion, Felix had gotten used to his disability. Having always been a more accomplished fighter than Olivia, he decided that he'd try his best to make Olivia even better. Olivia spent three more years at home with Erik and Felix, learning all of Felix's techniques that she'd never mastered under Kjeld's tuition. She left home aged twenty-two, deciding to use her combat skills to earn some money for herself, as yet unaware of the threat-to-be, Tiberius Acheron.
    She learnt of him after he took High Rock for his own rule. She heard of his xenophobic ways and his so-called divine right. And she already hated him. Not long after that, she received a letter from Felix, explaining how they were now under Acheron's "holy reign". She had been unaware that Hammerfell had fallen to his forces, and now her homeland was yet again being invaded. Olivia immediately returned, desperate to find any resistance movement that she could join, while at the same time doubting that she had the ability to fight back against such a tyrant. She only hopes that her desperation outweighs her doubt.

Aden Komad

Misfortunate Soul
    You technically followed the template as I never said that one couldn't add sections as long as they had the required sections. Also, he was referring to my horror roleplay; Cursed Words.

EpicVakarian

Okay, great. I'll have a look at that later, but I'm eating now so, yeah; later. :p Need anything else? Anything missing from my CC?

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    I shall try & get a Cc up in a day or so. Got a decent char for this, but will have to rewrite her Cc.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    To put it simply, I never took 18+ ratings seriously until I read one of his posts in another Roleplay (his own actually). Made me feel queasy.
    I was reading it under the table at dinner. It was bad enough without that lovely graphic to show exactly what you meant. I'm curious about what you searched for to get that image though, I can imagine it wasn't a pleasant scroll down the page looking for the right image of a guy with his cheeks slashed open :p

Aden Komad

Misfortunate Soul
    I was reading it under the table at dinner. It was bad enough without that lovely graphic to show exactly what you meant. I'm curious about what you searched for to get that image though, I can imagine it wasn't a pleasant scroll down the page looking for the right image of a guy with his cheeks slashed open :p

I searched for Cheshire/Glasgow Smile and the images didn't really bother me -shrug- maybe I'm a psychopath or just strong willed lol

-throws glitter around-

EpicVakarian

Maybe its just the fact that I've watched the Walking Dead, but I also didn't find it terribly disturbing. It wasn't nice by any means, but I didn't find it as bad as I was expecting to :p Are any other CCs coming soon? I'm looking forward to RPing in this; I think Olivia is my favourite created character yet. (Of mine that is :p)

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    I was about to have an english breakfast...

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    You have nerves of steel, my friend. I was sat with a carving knife about a foot away in the middle of the table. It got me thinking and genuinely considering. That's what scared me so much about it :')

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts