• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rizen

A to the K homeboy
Quit my job in December, currently unemployed for the first time and loving life a bit too much to jump back into things just yet.

Was a high school drop out and had a kid at the age of 17 (still with the mother btw :D)...forced to get my act together as a result. Did basic military training, some business studies and then landed a part-time job in a paint shop (which is the company i recently left)...spent 15 years with them and ended up as a branch manager/ techline problem solver but unfortunately, the company grew fairly large and lost it's way with people (imo).

I listen to rap music only from the 90's which I believe was the golen age of hiphop. I play the drums and basketball...I can draw well but havent for a long time. Oh yeah, Stephen King is my favourite author.

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
Still a junior in High School. I work with a telecommunications company in Atlanta with the Georgia Dome. Being younger I get to do the basic cable running and interfacing with annoyed customers who are even happier to discover that a 16 year old is fixing the problem they are too stupid to figure out. I plan to major in Business once i get into college so I tend to shadow the upper management guys when I can.

Windress

I'm a Global Technical CRM Administrator and Developer for Hearst Newspapers. I support all the Salesforce functionality for our 9 national markets, yay. It's somewhat ironic, considering I have two B.A.s in Creative Writing and Studio Art, and a Masters in American Marginalized Cultures.

When I'm not being an IT nerd, I ride my three horses and compete in cross country eventing. Or I write. Or Paint. And then there's Skyrim. And now this forum!

Tamare

Imperial
I'm a senior at an art college and I'm majoring in Illustration. This is my last semester and then I graduate in May (I'm pretty sure that's when the ceremony is). So my occupation is a freelance artist as of now. =)

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I thought that I'd put this thread back to life. Studying construction management right now in university.

Chileno4Live

I am studying English at the university of applied sciences in the Netherlands. Currently studying towards a teaching job. Furthermore I work at a weekend school as a teacher. I currently did the Cambridge CPE test, which I barely failed. Will do a resit at the end of this schoolyear and pass.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I am now a Single Dad with 2 awesome Teenage Kids that are Gamers like me, we're a gaming family.
I have been forcibly retired since 2004 after tearing 3 discs in my Lumbar Spine back in 2000. From 1980 to 2000 I worked in Sales & the Heavy Machinery Sector operating Trucks, Tractors, Backhoes, Excavators, etc. As well as doing Security, operating a Farm, Droving, Professional Shooter, the list goes in and on....lol

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Well, let's see: I got my GED late last year at age 16, so next week I go to talk with a counselor about scholarships, colleges, and a job (likely at the Aces Ballpark in Reno). I believe I'll likely have a lot of options for both first things, because I didn't do hardly any high schooling, nor did I do much studying before taking the GED test, so I obviously have a good head on my shoulders.

What I'm looking to get into is 3D modeling and animation. What I may end up doing is getting a general graphical designing degree, then go into something specialized. Assuming I do that and do good with my grades, I'm hopeful I'll be eligible for scholarships to go into something more expensive or specialized. I wouldn't mind doing some computer programming.

Over the last few months, I did some serious thinking, and video games seems to be where it's at. With the recession, there wasn't much (if any) of a drop in the sales, and when you look at how many movies and TV shows require special effects, I have a good feeling I'd be set to earn a living.

Besides all that, I keep reptiles, and may be raising them as well soon. I currently have two male crested geckos, a female Everglades rat snake, a male albino corn snake, three male desert banded geckos, a male Nicaraguan boa, and a female ball python. In addition to that, I have a female gargoyle gecko who laid two eggs the other day. I'm not completely sure yet if the eggs are fertile since they were somewhat unexpected, and their shape is somewhat wrong, but I'll be incubating them until they either hatch or go bad. And when the weather starts to warm up, I'll introduce the rat snake and corn snake and see if they'll breed.

Besides all this, there isn't too much to me. I'm a bit of a role playing freak, but nothing on this forum is peaking my interest.

Oh, and it's worth noting that I'm an article writer on this site, I suppose.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I did a degree in social policy and have been working with a project as an Advice & Guidance Officer for a local community for the last 4 and a half years.

In the main I help people get into work by helping them compile CVs (resumes), fill in job applications, help with interview techniques, jobsearching and loads more. It can be very challenging, but is also very rewarding when I'm able to help others find and get a job. I love my job, but am being made redundant next month as nobody will fund our project.:sadface:

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I'm a mom. I'm also a caregiver for my grandfather who has Alzheimer's. And I'm back in college after a long hiatus trying to get educated (or so they keep telling me).

I admire what you're doing Rayven, good for you. What are you studying?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I admire what you're doing Rayven, good for you. What are you studying?

Thanks, Lee.

I'm studying "visual communications" which is basically graphics design plus web design with some basic computer science tossed in.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
High School Maths/Business Management Teacher.

If you think of your stereotypical high school math teacher. I look the exact opposite of that!

Opium_Bunny

It's so interesting to actually put into perspective the different people posting in this forum!

I recently graduated with a degree in biochemistry at UC Davis (go Aggies!). Currently a freelance writer, I get to travel so much for my job and i absolutely LOVE it. I've worked with the Red Cross and Global Volunteer Network for several years now and realizing that it might be something I want to do for the rest of my life. I am realizing that there is a very limited pool for an aspiring Chemist...so if I get a chance I will be pursuing my masters in Social Work.

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
I'm an agricultural parts advisor for a Case IH dealership. Not exactly what I'm into, but it pays the bills. Thinking of going back to school for journalism soon though. Also a bit of a shadetree mechanic currently restoring my 4th Beetle.

BSE

High School Maths/Business Management Teacher.

If you think of your stereotypical high school math teacher. I look the exact opposite of that!
Sounds like my high school calculus teacher. He was also the soccer coach and every girl in the school wanted him.

Anyway, I have a BA in Math and Actuarial Science, and currently work as an Actuarial Consultant. Aside from work, its mostly spending time with the wife and dog, with some soccer and snowboarding thrown in.

Blumpkinator

Combat Medic Extraordinaire
I graduated from the German equivalent of high school (“Gymnasiale Oberstufe”) in July and started a one year internship at a publishing house this November. After this I’ll probably go to a university and study philosophy and political sciences since I want to become a freelance writer / journalist.

I was stationed in Germany for about 3 years, so much fun, I decided to take a German language class recently.

Ich spreche ein biessen Deutch

Blumpkinator

Combat Medic Extraordinaire
College student studying computer science... for science!
she blinded me with science!! (old school reference I know)

I am a Combat Medic in the army, have been for the past 5 years. I am crossing my fingers that I get accepted into an add-on school to become an LPN then go to nursing school followed by Nurse Practitioner school, all on the Army's dime. Oh so I guess I should thank you all for paying your taxes ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts