• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Enomer

```

Last edited:

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
Well back in 2007 or whatever year it was it was amazing. Think how far gaming has advanced the last 5 years. After playing skyrim oblivion plays terribly to many people

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
There is no disagreeing that Skyrim is better, as far as development goes. It's beautiful and silky smooth to play (when it isn't glitching). However, imagine if Oblivion was made using the same software as Skyrim... The story (especially the GOTY edition), the spell creation, expanded armor inventory, and plenty of other facets of TES4 were amazing. There are definitely things I'm glad that Bethesda has changed such as no more armor/weapon breakdown and being able to move once over-encumbered. But to say the game is "garbage" is crazy. The only console games that were in the same level at the time were Gears of War and Bioshock (which came out the following year). Both are great games, but neither brought the scale of what oblivion did in 2006.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Although Skyrim's gameplay is infinitely better, as others have pointed out Oblivion is also much older. When it was created it was the foremost RPG available. Five years from now people will complain about Skyrim, too. I'm actually revisiting Oblivion while I wait for Dawnguard to come out on PS3. :p

osheao

there are so many superior gameplay mechanics that oblivion and morrowind (fallout3/newvegas) have over skyrim that i can only shake my head in disgust, shame, sadness and anger in the direction bethsoft is leading me.

i can truly say that the next TES/fallout game by bethesda will NOT be an automatic buy. i would have never thought that possible after morrowind, oblivion and fallout3.

Xivia4

I never understand statements like this in the gaming world. A great game is a great game regardless of the year it was made and the year you're playing it. And this is coming from someone who absolutely hated Oblivion.

KritikalPT

If Oblivion is crap because it was made back in 2007, then what is Daggerfall, Arena, or, hell, any other game made way back in the 1980's and 1990's?

Omega Dragon

I didn't like Oblivion when it first came out, but considering it is as old as it is, the effects of age are not really a wise way of judging it. Try playing it on its own grounds, just like any other video game.

Clevdawg15

I honestly still enjoy playing oblivion, even though its old, its not unplayable and still has a lot of concepts that i like. its not as good as skyrim but still decent if you consider the age.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts