• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kyleekay

I recently hit what I consider to be a personal Skyrim milestone... my 200th save! :cool:

In the midst of my celebration dance reflection on this milestone, it made me curious about how many saves more "veteran" players have. Surely 200 Skyrim saves pales in comparison to someone who has been playing since the day it came out.

So fellow community members, do your best save-boasting here. It'll be interesting to see the highest saved game number. :)

kyleekay

Separate saves. Sorry, I should've been more specific. So when I go to the "Load Game" option, I have 200+ game loading options.

Uskyldig

Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die
I only have 2 characters running :p I'm quite prone to deleting them when I'm done, giving me more incentive to start over.

kyleekay

I see. :) I've talked to a few people who do that. I've only got three characters, but apparently I'm just a save-game freak. I save whenever there is a chance I might die, and I'm too lazy to clean them out. :p

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Five, one for each character.

OrexxerO

I am at like the 250 save mark. :p. I have this tendency to save a certain spot determined to come load it at that spot because something cool happened, then I blissfully forget later on. So I have a ton of saves that I really need to get rid of.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
If I go by the actual save number attached to my savegame file, 334 for a mostly completed game with a level 64 character. I don't keep that many saves however. I have a folder devoted to that particular character and have a handful of saves I've kept from key points where I might want to start again or do something differently. I delete saves on a regular basis after I've backed up important ones. I got into that habit from playing the first Witcher game which had a bug where it would load really, really slowly if you had a lot of saves.

OrexxerO

Its handy though when you have the P.C. version :p. I have the Xbox version, no folders really, unless I was to make separate characters on separate profiles

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I have 4 on my loading screen but close to 40 more that I transferred to a zip drive in case my game crashes in a bad way.

OrexxerO

It does indeed make it easier. Sorry, I have never used a console so I just automatically think in PC gamer terms. :confused:

Im a PC gamer myself, the only reason I have the console version is because I don't have a computer that could reliably run a game of the size that Skyrim is. :p

Neriad13

Premium Member
I usually clean out most of my saves if I get 50+ of them at once. For some reason massive amounts of saves have always made me lag. However, depending on the vulnerability of my character and the danger level of the area I'm in, I've been known to save literally in between every single kill. :p

Don't even get me started on how insane I get with saving whenever I'm playing Dishonored. If one little thing goes wrong...:eek:

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I have saved about 720 times for about a dozen builds most of the never got post level 15.

Zaan

Dunmer Enthusiast
Just got save 1134, spread out over about ten or so characters, four of which are over level 40.

I save a lot to avoid glitches... which is why I hardly ever complain about them.

Just one, for my current character. I always save over the previous one. Sort of a poor version of DID.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Wow I thought this thread was called number of Slaves. Started writing up an answer for that... luckily I reread the thread title, or it'd have made for some awkward misunderstanding. :p Carry on, I appear to have accidentally left the creep section of forums.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts