NPC's and/or followers being arrested?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Keiran Waugh

Badass Cannibal Cupcake
So, i'd completed the Dawnguard campaign and had Serana along with me when I went off to do a quest for the Rebellion storyline. I exited Castle Dour and headed off, not checking if Serana was there. Upon arriving at my destination, Fort Hrrag.. something.... it became obvious to me that she wasn't there as I received a real thrashing. 7 ingame weeks went by where I hung about in Castle Volkihar and guess what? She never turned up.

I decided i'd investigate this oddesy, so I used the following line in the console -
player.moveto 03002b76
- which teleports you to the actor targeted in the number after moveto. So after a brief loading screen, I found myself in a cell with Serana in Fort Hragg.... something... and to add to it, the cell door was locked at the "key required" stage.

I'm not sure this is supposed to happen... i'm just curious if anyone else has ever experienced this. :):):)

Neriad13

Premium Member
I've heard of someone else's husband (this was some months ago on the forums) somehow ending up in the Riften jail and needing to be broken out. I don't even think it was Brand-shei who needed the assistance. As for me, I've never had anything like that happen to me personally. If it isn't a glitch, I think it's kind of amazing, in a hilarious way. What if an NPC had indeed caught Serana feeding and thought it best to arrest the blood-sucking fiend?

Keiran Waugh

Badass Cannibal Cupcake
I'm somewhat inclined to think it may just be a bug. Either that or NPCs can get bounty quite like the player character, I guess me and her were on a slaughtering rampage in Solitude earlier.....

I eventually got her out the cell, the guards didn't pursue or attack, they were passive even though their prisoner had just wandered off.

I think i'll spend the evening framing NPCs now to find out if it really is a function.....

kyleekay

Keiran Waugh, it was probably a bug. I read about a bug last night on a Misc. Quest given in Riften where it's possible for your follower to be jailed. The wiki site said: "In the part of the quest where you speak to Sibbi in jail, it is possible that your follower—although by your side the entire time—may end up locked inside one of the jail cells upon your leaving. Unlike losing them in the wilderness or a cave, they will not find their way out upon fast traveling or waiting. The only way to get them out is to pick the lock."

So it's very likely that something similar happened to you. Just in a different jail. :)

Keiran Waugh

Badass Cannibal Cupcake
Ah, well that solves that.

I spent around two hours trying to get NPCs arrested, i'm glad to hear I don't need to do this any more. :)

bugmenot

I actually got Serana arrested:
i talked to Delphine, receiving the quest about infiltrating the Thalmor Embassy. I've unlocked the "perfect touch" perk, so i stole Delphine's equipped sword.
I just wanted to wash away the "stolen" mark from that sword, so i asked Serana to pick it up in order to get it from her inventory (sometimes it "cleans" the item), and she refused to.
I placed the sword in a chest and asked her to loot it. She did.
After that i went to Morthal and i lost Serana somewhere. Turned out, she was jailed in Whiterun!

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
3000+ hours of Skyrim, and this never happened to me... :sadface:

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I'm somewhat inclined to think it may just be a bug. Either that or NPCs can get bounty quite like the player character, I guess me and her were on a slaughtering rampage in Solitude earlier.....

I eventually got her out the cell, the guards didn't pursue or attack, they were passive even though their prisoner had just wandered off.

I think i'll spend the evening framing NPCs now to find out if it really is a function.....

maybe, but Ft. Hragstagg is a military fort, not for criminals.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Ikr? Skyrim would be a better place if there were more criminals. That's exactly what Nirn needs.

They certainly don't mind killing each other in my game.

I was dropping some of my inventory, next thing I know people are fighting over my junk. Someone ends up pulling a knife and one thing leads to another, I got an NPC dead.

zz.gif%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D281

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
..............................................well this helped me find my dark brotherhood initiate good for nothing woman sleeping in jail when she could be killing some thalmor......disgraceful

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts