• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

riptor wolf

Playing hardest difficulty and putting no points into health at all.
My block skill is like 90 and one handed is 100..
The reason for this is because putting any points into health makes the character OP and the games way too easy for me.

So im getting sick of npcs doing finishing moves on me when im not even hurt at all..100% life. And they dont have to even be near your character to do them and once the animation starts you cant do anything.. Making my block useless since they will do the animation even though i am blocking.
And the enemies arent capable of 1 hit killing me with a normal power attack while im blocking.. It barely hurts me since my blocks so high.

Now this becomes a problem since i am able to block the attack but since the retarded thing wont let me block during the animation i am getting instantly killed as soon as an enemy runs up to my character.. Its like the game assumes im going to die and it does the animation..
Like.. The animation plays before the enemy even starts to take a swing at your character. hes running at you.. and then it plays the death sequence for you.. He didnt even start to raise his arm or anything.

I mean really... WTF is this...
Npcs should not be able to do finishing move on a player that has 100% life. And should DEF not be allowed to do a finishing move on a player without even having to attack him at all... They just run up to me and 50% of the time it starts the death animation and doesnt let me block..

It more then likely has something to do with me not putting anything into health... But i wear like deadric armor and plops and my armor pnts are very high...
They barely hurt me with normal attacks but are able to insta kill me with a finisher and i cant do anything about it at all.

This is so dumb.. I was starting to have fun playing this way and yet again i found the games broken and unplayable for people that are good at video games...
I mean.. All they really need to do is add harder difficulty levels for better players... Why did they get rid of the big difficulty slider from oblivion?!?!

Is there anything i can do to avoid this problem?? Or do i have to start over and put pnts into health and try a new handicap?

Not sure if much can be done about the finishers...

But if you do decide to restart, and if you're playing on the PC you can use the console command to add a level to your character, the one that doesn't increase skills or give perks.

It'll increase your level for determining the enemies level without making you stronger...

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Take it down a notch. Probably what happens when you have it at the highest difficulty...or start putting points into health again. I think rather than way too easy you made the game way too hard for yourself. I don't get that about hardcore players. They actually enjoy super difficult games? It's seems you've reached your threshold for frustration.

riptor wolf

...must be trollin, hardest is hard

Hardest is not hard at all.
I dont want to seem like a troll or anything.. But it really is too easy... If youve ever had a character with 100 archery and a fully smithed elven bow yuve stolen from the huntresses room.. And had All % bow damage armor on.. And going around 1 shot killing elder dragons you would think the game is too easy.
And yes with that setup you can 1 shot ANY enemy in the game.

Take it down a notch. Probably what happens when you have it at the highest difficulty...or start putting points into health again. I think rather than way too easy you made the game way too hard for yourself. I don't get that about hardcore players. They actually enjoy super difficult games? It's seems you've reached your threshold for frustration.

I liked the difficulty the way im doing it.... Untill the enemies could insta kill me with an animation i couldnt stop and couldnt do anything to fight back against.
I like bieng able to die with getting hit 5-10 times.. My first character had 400 life by level 25 and so much armor that i took NO damage from enemy attacks.
I try to avoid getting hit at all... Right now its an intense game of blocking and dodging and counter attacking and its very fun..

I avoid battles where i can get 1 hit killed untill i find some better equiptment to deal with them.. (i do this so i can enjoy the loot system and be happy finding better items but still be handicaped with low health.. Better armor will make my character able to take more melee damage and i have to stack high resistance items to survive enemy magic)
The battles im complaining about right now are low level 2 hander bandits who dont do much damage to me but can trigger instant kill animation even though they arent capable of killing me.
It in no way increases the difficulty for me.. Im just thinking to myself.. I hope the random animation doesnt trigger while im killing all these weak bandits..
If you read what i said a little better you would see theres no way to defend against the animation.. And my character is MELEE ONLY. I am not allowed to use bows and magic so i have to get close to them to fight them. And them able to do the animation while im at 100% life is pretty upsurd.

Lowering the difficulty does not decrease the chance of them doing the finishers.. It only makes the battles easier and i dont want that.. I can handle myself fine this way aside from getting unfairly killed by finishers when im at 100% life.

Kuurus

There's got to be a relatively low threshold on health where these finishing moves by NPCs are possible. I only vaguely remember it happening to me once at lvl 2 or 3 in my first dungeon (retrieving the golden claw for the Riverwood merchant I believe). I was injured at the time that it happened as well I think. It could very well be that 100 health or less is what makes this move possible and even bumping yourself to 110 or 120 may stop it without affecting what you are trying to do too drastically.

riptor wolf

Not sure if much can be done about the finishers...

But if you do decide to restart, and if you're playing on the PC you can use the console command to add a level to your character, the one that doesn't increase skills or give perks.

It'll increase your level for determining the enemies level without making you stronger...

I play this on xbox so i cant do that =[
In short term play this would make the game harder.. But long term when my character gets higher level then those monsters it will end up being the same as before.

riptor wolf

There's got to be a relatively low threshold on health where these finishing moves by NPCs are possible. I only vaguely remember it happening to me once at lvl 2 or 3 in my first dungeon (retrieving the golden claw for the Riverwood merchant I believe). I was injured at the time that it happened as well I think. It could very well be that 100 health or less is what makes this move possible and even bumping yourself to 110 or 120 may stop it without affecting what you are trying to do too drastically.

Thats a good idea i will try raising it to 120.
Ill reply tonight when ive played for a few hours like this.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
Did anyone ever see how you do a power attack and it fails and without you touching the enemy they fall to the ground. It's like you scare them into death!

HEFFAY

the game on hardest is too easy for you? ... someone needs either a girlfriend or a job.. preferably both

riptor wolf

the game on hardest is too easy for you? ... someone needs either a girlfriend or a job.. preferably both

Its a pretty big game you have to devote quite a bit of time to it...
Skyrim for 5 hours a day and the rest living in the woods with nature is all the life i will ever desire.
At least untill the next elder scrolls game arrives.. Then i will merge that into my life as well.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Cause being uber badass at a vidya game means you excel at life.

There comes a point where difficulty just makes the game take longer without really increasing the necessary tactics to defeat the enemies. I use high difficulty only to max out the smarts I have to use. I don't manufacture insane difficulty so that I have to use an inventory full of healing potions and then have to go to a merchant to restock after every encounter; or so that I can die and restart 5 times and end up with 10 minutes of progress in 2 hours.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
You think thats unfair? Recently i was hiding meeko's shack near solitude when an aincent dragon attacked. I'm only level 37 so i took a lot of damage from him. He was on low health and i was too bur he stuck his head through the window and bit me! After another attempt he stuck his head through tge roof of the shack and bit me, Shook me around and threw my corpse out the window! Third times the charm. During the fight he got lured off by a frostbite spider. He flew off a small cliff and landed so i used dragonrend and he kept landing in the same spot. I shot him with MAH 100 ARCHERY! and avoided each frost breath by hiding behind a tree.

riptor wolf

From what i have gathered is enemies can finish you instantly if the damage they do is higher then your hp.
Regardless if you can block or avoid them.. They will do the finisher on you and kill you.
Raising the hp is the only way to avoid this :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts