Now that Ulfric is High King of Skyrim...?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
was waiting for someone to mention that the Dragonborn (depending on player choices) is on Stormcloack side.

This is a valid point we do need to remember. Dragonborns are kind of powerful, and if Ulfric wins then almost by definition the Dragonborn's on the Stormcloak side.

Just to play devil's advocate here: I'm not sure that the Blades would really be on Skyrim's side honestly. I feel like they would be more inclined to be loyal to the Empire. The Blades did originate as protectors of the Emperor after all. Now, that is in the past, but Esbern and Delphine seem to value tradition. And I doubt both the Blades and Greybeards would support the Dragonborn at the same time, considering you have to stab either in the back to earn the other's favor.

The Greybeards are peace-loving also, and I almost doubt they would get involved in such a conflict in any way. The didn't even want to get involved with PEACE talks between the Empire and Stormcloaks.

Also, what is going to convince organizations like the College of Winterhold to fight for Skyrim? They have been hated and mistreated by the Nords, and a lot of them are High Elves anyway. Who's to say they aren't already spies.

Speaking of the Nords mistreating people: I think that if the Thalmor invade Skyrim there will be a problem with uprisings of some of the Elf population in some places. The first thing to come to mind is the Grey Quarter in Windhelm. Those Dunmer are treated like animals by almost all of the Nords they have encountered. They will be much more likely to sympathise with the Thalmor then they are to the cause of the Nords of Skyrim.

Just a few thoughts to spark conversaton here, since it seems one-sided a little :p

Valid points. Counter-argument on the Blades - they are supposed to serve the Dragonborn; the game just doesn't let you point this out to them when they tell you "go kill Paarthunax."

And of course Rex Prime's point on the Blades vs. Thalmor. (Counter-counter-argument: The Empire tries to kill you at the beginning of the game, but you can still join the Legion. Counter-counter-counter argument: The Empire wasn't actively pursuing you; you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong imperial captain.) College of Winterhold very valid point; Dunmer in Windhelm very, very valid point - it may depend in part on whether the Dominion's line is Mer supremacy or Altmer supremacy, and if the latter to what extent. That would be most likely to be a problem in Windhelm than in the other cities, though.

Valid points. Counter-argument on the Blades - they are supposed to serve the Dragonborn; the game just doesn't let you point this out to them when they tell you "go kill Paarthunax." College of Winterhold very valid point; Dunmer in Windhelm very, very valid point - it may depend in part on whether the Dominion's line is Mer supremacy or Altmer supremacy, and if the latter to what extent. That would be most likely to be a problem in Windhelm than in the other cities, though.
I'm pretty sure they speak of Mer supremacy in general. They would want to unite all races of Mer and crush humans under thier boots. Good point on the Dragonborn and the Blades though. The game does give you the impression that you are thier servant, but in reality it is the opposite.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
This is a valid point we do need to remember. Dragonborns are kind of powerful, and if Ulfric wins then almost by definition the Dragonborn's on the Stormcloak side.

Valid points. Counter-argument on the Blades - they are supposed to serve the Dragonborn; the game just doesn't let you point this out to them when they tell you "go kill Paarthunax."

And of course Rex Prime's point on the Blades vs. Thalmor. (Counter-counter-argument: The Empire tries to kill you at the beginning of the game, but you can still join the Legion. Counter-counter-counter argument: The Empire wasn't actively pursuing you; you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong imperial captain.) College of Winterhold very valid point; Dunmer in Windhelm very, very valid point - it may depend in part on whether the Dominion's line is Mer supremacy or Altmer supremacy, and if the latter to what extent. That would be most likely to be a problem in Windhelm than in the other cities, though.

We almost forgot the Companions, for who they will fight, i mean if they were ''forced'' to fight as complete cities are burned by the Thalmor, since half of the Companions are Nords then they would lend the Stormcloacks a hand

ConfusedPenguin

If in doubt , ask M'aiq The Liar.
From the book " The Great War "

' On the 30th of Frostfall, 4E 171, the Aldmeri Dominion sent an ambassador to the Imperial City with a gift in a covered cart and an ultimatum for the new Emperor. The long list of demands included staggering tributes, disbandment of the Blades, outlawing the worship of Talos, and ceding large sections of Hammerfell to the Dominion. Despite the warnings of his generals of the Empire's military weakness, Emperor Titus Mede II rejected the ultimatum. The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every Blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood. And so began the Great War which would consume the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion for the next five years. '
just thought i'd say :)

Yeah I would say the the Companions would obviously fight for Skyrim's sake. Half of them will shout that "Skyrim is for the Nords" anyway as they charge into battle.

Sweet Rolls

True Nord 4 lyf yo
If Skyrim secedes from the Empire then the only two countries left in it would be Cyrodiil and High Rock which is hardly an Empire. Ulfric and the Stormcloaks fight to free Skyrim from the Empire, I highly doubt they would rejoin it unless a new Emperor came in to power and abandoned the White-Gold Concordat, and could show to Skyrim and Hammerfell that this isn't the Empire of the Great War, and can give a good enough argument to convince the two countries to unite with the Empire against the Thalmor and destroy them once and for all, so that Talos worship etc can be restored and Skyrim and Hammerfell can join a new powerful Empire that is strong and fair and wont lick the Thalmor's boots. Something like that. Although that's not likely.

Also, resistance against the Dominion is alive and well in Hammerfell, I think Skyrim could too if the Thalmor came knocking.

I hope in the next TES the fate of the Tamriel's countries, Empire or independent, will be decided, it'd be cool to see.

But there's one crucial question that can only be answered by Bethesda.

Which will be written in official TES history, the victory of the Stormcloaks or the victory of the Imperial Legion?

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Back to the Greybeards......i think that the Greybeads would enter the fight only if ''forced'' to do like the others. I mean what if the Thalmor attempt to destroy High Hrothgar (due to their very hate for Talos, who studied with the Greybeards, and learned from them the power of the Thu'um) then they would fight against the Thalmor

bulbaquil

From the book " The Great War "

' On the 30th of Frostfall, 4E 171, the Aldmeri Dominion sent an ambassador to the Imperial City with a gift in a covered cart and an ultimatum for the new Emperor. The long list of demands included staggering tributes, disbandment of the Blades, outlawing the worship of Talos, and ceding large sections of Hammerfell to the Dominion. Despite the warnings of his generals of the Empire's military weakness, Emperor Titus Mede II rejected the ultimatum. The Thalmor ambassador upended the cart, spilling over a hundred heads on the floor: every Blades agent in Summerset and Valenwood. And so began the Great War which would consume the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion for the next five years. '
just thought i'd say :)

Right, I totally forgot that the disbanding of the Blades was a stipulation of the White-Gold Concordat.

ConfusedPenguin

I hate it when people say the empire sucks up to the Thalmor. They only do that because they must , they lost half of Cyrodill and the Imperial City to them , and still managed to push them out. They put up a bloody good fight.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
After thinking of who would be the new emperor, it will be a better choice is to make the Dragonborn the emperor, yes, you heard me, the Dragonborn becomes the emperor after destroying the Thalmor, defeating alduin and and and and you know the rest. I mean it will be cool if the character you played as in Skyrim is the the Dragonborn emperor in the next games. Think about it

bulbaquil

But there's one crucial question that can only be answered by Bethesda.

Which will be written in official TES history, the victory of the Stormcloaks or the victory of the Imperial Legion?

Well, we could always make like Legend of Zelda and have a split timeline...

After thinking of who would be the new emperor, it will be a better choice is to make the Dragonborn the emperor, yes, you heard me, the Dragonborn becomes the emperor after destroying the Thalmor, defeating alduin and and and and you know the rest. I mean it will be cool if the character you played as in Skyrim is the the Dragonborn emperor in the next games. Think about it
The only reason the would need a new Emperor is if he is *spoiler* killed in the DB questline *end spoiler* And who is responsible for his death? The Dragonborn of course. I'm not sure what would give the Dragonborn the right to be named Emperor, but it sure would be cool.
I hate it when people say the empire sucks up to the Thalmor. They only do that because they must , they lost half of Cyrodill and the Imperial City to them , and still managed to push them out. They put up a bloody good fight.
Yeah the Empire is just as much an enemy to the Thalmor as an independent Skyrim is. I said this once before in a thread a couple months ago, "I wouldn't call the Empire allies with the Thalmor... More like rape victims."

bulbaquil

Yeah the Empire is just as much an enemy to the Thalmor as an independent Skyrim is. I said this once before in a thread a couple months ago, "I wouldn't call the Empire allies with the Thalmor... More like rape victims."

That's why the Thalmor dossier on Ulfric states that the Thalmor do not benefit from the civil war being quickly resolved for either side. They want it to go on as long as possible (think about that next time you decide to play a neutral character...). A resolution either way means Cyrodiil can start moving troops to the south instead of the north.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
good point on the Dark Brotherhood point, i should have mentioned that Mede would die at the end of the DB questline, by the way someone adds a Spoiler prefix here? this thread is spoiler heavy for those who didn't play alot from the game.
The Dragonborn may have killed him and may have not, it's Bethesda's choice, but if the Dragonborn was the one who did so, then who said that they knew that the Dragonborn killed mede, that keeps me wondering, what's the canon story has happened, who won at the end? was mede killed? was the Dark Brotherhood destroyed? maybe the timeline has split like in Daggerfall, still in what Timeline we will play at the next Elder Scroll?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Stormcloak's aren't exactly waiting to be invaded, I'm fairly certain they were going to march onwards to summerset when their army is finished, I could of sworn I heard Ulfric say that.

ConfusedPenguin

The Stormcloak's aren't exactly waiting to be invaded, I'm fairly certain they were going to march onwards to summerset when their army is finished, I could of sworn I heard Ulfric say that.

Marching straight into the Summersit Isles does sound very Stormcloakish :eek:

perkecet

i agree that ulfric would be blown out almost instantly by the dominion. also, the greybeards would never involve themselves in a war, as violence is the last thing they would ever think of doing.

That's why the Thalmor dossier on Ulfric states that the Thalmor do not benefit from the civil war being quickly resolved for either side. They want it to go on as long as possible (think about that next time you decide to play a neutral character...). A resolution either way means Cyrodiil can start moving troops to the south instead of the north.
And General Tulius expresses the same thing right before he is killed. The Dominion wanted those two fighting so that they would both be weak and easily taken care of. That kind of makes me doubt Ulfric's leadership of Skyrim. If he had any common sense, he would see that this civil war was falling right into the Thalmor's plan. Makes it seem almost like he has only his own goals in mind, rather than the good of Skryim and her people, which is what he preaches about all the time.