• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TJ0331

Nords forever
Would it be dumb to join the thieves guild so I can change my face?
Of course not, why would u think that? Just join long enough to change up your character then never go back, i've done that many times cuz i don't like the thieves guild, there missions are just boring to me.
I already did it because i had to go there anyways for the main quest

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Its not really a skin thing. Its more of an elf thing. Nords dislike elves ever since what the snow elves did to them. They dont trust elves. Also the imperial law is trying to take over skyrim which is run by the elves.
And lest we forget, the comments against Imperials, Argonians, Khajit and on and on and on. And there is plenty of bigotry against magic users, alchemists, et al. Racism doesn't have to have to do with our modern definitions of race and/or creed. Since there are no hispanics, asians or blacks in Skyrim, why would there be that sort of racism?

Daelon DuLac

Would it be dumb to join the thieves guild so I can change my face?
You don't have to join them, just make it to the Ragged Flaggon while the face changer is there without getting yourself killed.

TJ0331

Nords forever
My current goal is to level up until i can get the deathbrand armor.

Daelon DuLac

Well, as long as you are high enough level to go to Solstheim, I don't feel like you have to level up all that high before you can get the armor. I would guess that you wouldn't want to do Solstheim at Master or Legendary settings, but at novice or adept, I've done it by level 20 and gotten the deathbrand armor. Getting the armor isn't the hard part, it's the follow-up that can be a killer (albiet a profitable killer, but still a killer!).

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
My build is a nord male skilled in two handed that uses a stalhrim greatsword and light armor. Archery for long range. I use only smithing since it isnt a power build. However Im having no problems. I have done many builds but this one is my favorite. What is your favorite nord build?
I have a Nord Rogue and a Nord Warrior. The latter only uses Skyforge Steel and doesn't use any magic other than the Shield of Ysgramor, an Amulet of Talos and Thu'um (and Spellbreaker so she could complete First Lessons to eventually gain access to the Ice Form Word Wall in Saarthal). It's a bit difficult because my damage caps out pretty low with a Skyforge Steel Sword tempered only by 100 Smithing Skill and the Steel Smithing perk and is effectively even lower on Master difficulty settings. She uses light armor (scaled armor). I made a mod plugin that lets me fletch Nord Hero Arrows and she uses a Nord Hero Bow. What kind of problems are you having?
Thick headed might help them in combat but its counter productive outside,as in forming complex strategies making them mostly good cannonfodders or tanks if strong enough.
Tiber Septim was a Nord, arguably the greatest miltary strategist in the history of Tamriel and an indisputably effective statesman and politician. Not all Nords disdain magic. There is a long standing history of the Kings and Jarls of Skyrim having Archmages and Battlemages as part of their court which is maintained by the Jarls in the game. There's a certain irony in trying to perpetuate shallow racial stereotypes about Nords and including an allegation that they're racists as a reason not to like them.

TJ0331

Nords forever
Well, as long as you are high enough level to go to Solstheim, I don't feel like you have to level up all that high before you can get the armor. I would guess that you wouldn't want to do Solstheim at Master or Legendary settings, but at novice or adept, I've done it by level 20 and gotten the deathbrand armor. Getting the armor isn't the hard part, it's the follow-up that can be a killer (albiet a profitable killer, but still a killer!).
Oh ok I heard somewhere that you had to be level 38. I will go try to start the quest now.

TJ0331

Nords forever
My build is a nord male skilled in two handed that uses a stalhrim greatsword and light armor. Archery for long range. I use only smithing since it isnt a power build. However Im having no problems. I have done many builds but this one is my favorite. What is your favorite nord build?
I have a Nord Rogue and a Nord Warrior. The latter only uses Skyforge Steel and doesn't use any magic other than the Shield of Ysgramor, an Amulet of Talos and Thu'um (and Spellbreaker so she could complete First Lessons to eventually gain access to the Ice Form Word Wall in Saarthal). It's a bit difficult because my damage caps out pretty low with a Skyforge Steel Sword tempered only by 100 Smithing Skill and the Steel Smithing perk and is effectively even lower on Master difficulty settings. She uses light armor (scaled armor). I made a mod plugin that lets me fletch Nord Hero Arrows and she uses a Nord Hero Bow. What kind of problems are you having?

Im not having any troubles really. I buy and find health potions but rarely need them.