Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thomas Liu

tyl089
Dang I got behind. So glad to have caught up, and what a great read.

Glad to see Hrisskar is advancing along with Kharjo and Kharjo has been a worthy companion.

Leigull

Out of interest BIGwooly, how many hours are you into your game now? Would be interesting to see how long it has taken you to reach a similar stage to me, but with all your restrictions in place. The numerous trips carrying all the loot back to towns to sell must account for a huge part it!

Hunfar

This sounds fun, but I think i'll end up breaking a few of your rules, like entering frozen water only if the distance is very short, since Nords have a resistance to cold.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I just started playing Morrowind today and ran into a Nord named Hrisskar. I was gawking in awe at him, circling him and asking him every single question I could. I was like "OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE REAL."

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I just started playing Morrowind today and ran into a Nord named Hrisskar. I was gawking in awe at him, circling him and asking him every single question I could. I was like "OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE REAL."

I don't think it's the same Hrisskar, but that's okay. We can like all the Hrisskars. Including Hrisskar IV, who will no doubt be instrumental in bringing down the Aldmeri Dominion. :)

You should have asked Morrowind Hrisskar if he's ever run into any ice wraiths.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I don't think it's the same Hrisskar, but that's okay. We can like all the Hrisskars. Including Hrisskar IV, who will no doubt be instrumental in bringing down the Aldmeri Dominion. :)

You should have asked Morrowind Hrisskar if he's ever run into any ice wraiths.

Maybe it was Hrisskar I, current Hrisskar's grandfather - his full name was Hrisskar Flat-Foot. Apparently he's got a bad gambling problem.

And I wish I could've. T.T But I don't even think my Dunmer knows what an ice wraith is.

BIGwooly

Out of interest BIGwooly, how many hours are you into your game now? Would be interesting to see how long it has taken you to reach a similar stage to me, but with all your restrictions in place. The numerous trips carrying all the loot back to towns to sell must account for a huge part it!

According to the stats 310 days have passed. Don't see anywhere in the stats where it lists hours played (I'm on the Xbox). But yeah, I've probably spent A LOT more time making trips to get loot back to towns than most. d;-)

BIGwooly

This sounds fun, but I think i'll end up breaking a few of your rules, like entering frozen water only if the distance is very short, since Nords have a resistance to cold.

That's actually a very good point I hadn't thought of.

BIGwooly

I was wondering if anyone would ever figure this out or not. My friend, you did indeed meet Hrisskar III's grandfather. Well done! d;-)

BIGwooly

- 23rd of Mid Year, 4E 202 -

I haven't had much time to write the last few days.

After following Delphine to an old dragon burial mound, witnessing one dragon resurrect another, and then killing the resurrected dragon ... Kharjo and I headed all the way back up to High Hrothgar to return the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. I purchased a horse in Windhelm before we left, which will cost me more in food every day but also will allow us to carry more.

After a difficult journey up the steps from Ivarstead, we were once again back in High Hrothgar. The greybeards were impressed with me for retrieving the horn, and taught me the final word of the unrelenting force shout. They then gave me the location of another word wall where I could learn more of the ancient language.

We headed back down the mountain to Ivarstead and spent the night. The next morning at sunrise we set out for Windhelm after a breakfast of apples and sweet nut treats. Delphine had told us she needed some time to figure out how to get into the Thalmor embassy so we could get more information from them. So I decided to go back to Windhelm to figure out our next move.

I'm certainly intrigued with Delphine's theory about the dragons, and I'm also interested in learning more about this language of power. But over the past few weeks I've also been feeling that I had strayed from the path. My father's blood is still on the hands of the imperials who pollute Skyrim with their presence. Certainly the dragons pose a threat to my homeland, but a handful of men armed with bows and courage can take one down. I've seen it with my own eyes now. Kharjo, Delphine and I were even able to kill one of the beasts .. just the three of us.

No, the real threat to Skyrim is not the reappearance of the dragon. The real threat is still the imperials, who erode our strength and undermine our authority every day. Is Helgen but a fleeting memory to my fellow nords now? It would seem so. Even in Windhelm I hear more talk of dragons than I do of gutting imperials.

While speaking with the greybeards I learned that the gods send a dragonborn during times of need. I am dragonborn. I know this and accept this now. And it's up to me to determine why the gods bestowed this responsibility upon me. Was it so that I could fight dragons? Or was it so that I could avenge the blood of the innocent, slain by men drunk on power?

While on the way back down to Windhelm we were attacked by a sabre cat. Almost instinctively I decided to use my new shout against the beast. With a mighty voice I spoke power into form and the sabre cat went flying down the trail ... dead before it even hit the ground. Kharjo didn't say a word. I think my new power makes him nervous.

A bit further down the trail we were attacked again, this time by a khajit. Once again I used my voice and the assassin flew through the air and bounced off trees before landing in a lifeless pile of arms and legs fifty paces down the trail.

It was these two experiences that opened my eyes to my purpose. I wasn't sent by the gods to fight dragons anymore than I was sent to fight sabre cats and assassins. I was sent by the gods to avenge my father's death and route the imperials from Skyrim. With my new abilities I will be a formidable opponent for them indeed.

And that brings me to Kharjo. My destiny with the imperials is my own. It is not Kharjo's. He has been a perfect companion, and has saved my life on many occasions. He has never complained and followed me into some horrible places to fight by my side. He is a true friend. And this is why I am going to continue on without him in the morning. Tonight we will feast like we never have before, but come first light I will send him back to his people where he belongs.

The road ahead of me is my destiny, and I will set out on it alone.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I am now vaguely wondering if you had an Oblivion character named Hrisskar II, and am also wondering if you are taking advantage of your proximity to Windhelm to take care of... certain other things. Your post seems to imply such.

BIGwooly

I am now vaguely wondering if you had an Oblivion character named Hrisskar II, and am also wondering if you are taking advantage of your proximity to Windhelm to take care of... certain other things. Your post seems to imply such.

Good idea, but no .. this is the first time I've played a nord character. d;-) As for taking care of certain other things ... I think you may be onto something, heheh.

BIGwooly

- 24th of Mid Year, 4E 202 -

I miss Kharjo already.

This morning I explained to him that I need to follow my own path now. He understood. But even as I uttered the words I felt regret in my heart. Kharjo and I had been through so much together. It was heartbreaking to watch him walk away. When the main gate of Windhelm shut behind him, I felt as if a hole had opened inside me. I will miss his company more than I can express with this pen.

So it's with a heavy heart that I ride out today for Winterhold. Talos guide you on your journey, Kharjo.

Hunfar

After about 3 hours playtime I must say, this is how an elder scrolls game should be experienced. Playing realistically just feels much more rewarding for the things you buy, and also makes you appreciate the smaller things like ingredients. I sometimes drop down the difficulty though, only so I don't have to hammer away at a mud crab 100 times.

Leigull

According to the stats 310 days have passed. Don't see anywhere in the stats where it lists hours played (I'm on the Xbox). But yeah, I've probably spent A LOT more time making trips to get loot back to towns than most. d;-)

I'm on PS3 and when I go to save my game, before overwriting the file, if you wait a second it comes up with the character name and number of hours you have been playing. Not sure if it's the same on Xbox.

Great updates on Hrisskar, loving his progress and the decision to go it alone. It did sound like the right time to part ways from your journal entries though - just hope Hrisskar is ready to tackle the monsters of Skyrim all by himself! Not that you needed to make things anymore difficult for yourself :)

makoman8

Think you could give a status update on our good friend, Hrisskar? I'm interested in where he sits in level, heath, stamina, perks, equipment (if it's changed much since the last update), etc.

As always, loving the journal! You've spawned a whole new style of playing the game for people! I wish I had the time to dedicate to play like this. Moving in with the girl has a lot of great perks to it....but my ability to play hours of video games has been one of the sacrifices. I'm living vicariously through Hrisskar and Filim, now.

BIGwooly

After about 3 hours playtime I must say, this is how an elder scrolls game should be experienced. Playing realistically just feels much more rewarding for the things you buy, and also makes you appreciate the smaller things like ingredients. I sometimes drop down the difficulty though, only so I don't have to hammer away at a mud crab 100 times.

I know, right? It really adds so much more to the game. I would also agree with you on the difficulty. I think expert is probably the ideal difficulty, but I started on master and sort of want to play through that way now. My next character (which I have great ideas for already, haha!) will be on expert.

BIGwooly

I'm on PS3 and when I go to save my game, before overwriting the file, if you wait a second it comes up with the character name and number of hours you have been playing. Not sure if it's the same on Xbox.

Great updates on Hrisskar, loving his progress and the decision to go it alone. It did sound like the right time to part ways from your journal entries though - just hope Hrisskar is ready to tackle the monsters of Skyrim all by himself! Not that you needed to make things anymore difficult for yourself :)

Found it. I'm at 236 hours as of my last save. Loved every single hour of it, too!

Thanks for reading!

BIGwooly

Think you could give a status update on our good friend, Hrisskar? I'm interested in where he sits in level, heath, stamina, perks, equipment (if it's changed much since the last update), etc.

As always, loving the journal! You've spawned a whole new style of playing the game for people! I wish I had the time to dedicate to play like this. Moving in with the girl has a lot of great perks to it....but my ability to play hours of video games has been one of the sacrifices. I'm living vicariously through Hrisskar and Filim, now.

You bet. i will do that soon. For now, Hrisskar is level 25, 260 health, 100 magika (never used) and 180 stamina. As for equipment, I'm trying to decide if I should list that via a journal entry or just list it. We'll see. I have a pretty big update to write as it is, heheh. d;-)

Oh, and I played this style in both Morrowind and Oblivion but just never shared it in this way. I just assumed other people did it too. Really glad I decided to do this journal as so many others are now trying this style of play and loving it. I honestly can't imagine going back and playing the game the standard way.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts