Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
Wooly, do you have Dawnguard? If so, do you do horseback combat? I found it kind of OP, because I can just smack the enemy and then ride away in the matter of seconds, then swoop back around and repeat. The enemy barely has enough time to hit me.

Wooly, do you have Dawnguard? If so, do you do horseback combat? I found it kind of OP, because I can just smack the enemy and then ride away in the matter of seconds, then swoop back around and repeat. The enemy barely has enough time to hit me.
I find horses to be hard to control. I also hate it when my horse bites the dust. Horse combat is nearly useless to me.

BIGwooly

- 10th of Evening Star, 4E 202 -

I left Ivarstead at dawn and took to the steps and the dangers ahead. Around mid-day I reached High Hrothgar. Neither bears nor trolls had slowed my pace. And neither did the grey beards or ice wraiths slow my pace either. Within an hour or so I saw him.

paarthurnaxwaiting.jpg

Not Alduin. Paarthurnax. Just ahead of me .. waiting for me. The time had come. The elder scroll felt heavy in my hand, like I was carrying the whole world in my fingers. My boots were heavy too, with the weight of apprehension. But the time had come to put an end to this dragon madness. Whatever lie ahead was my destiny .. and I was to make my heritage and family name proud .. and embrace it.

I stiffened my back, raised my head proud, and marched up to meet the old dragon. He was ready for what was to come, even if I wasn't. And on his direction I approached the rip in time and opened the scroll. I immediately saw into the past, as a vision, and saw Alduin's fate in that time.

And in time the scroll was finished and the sky turned red with a storm such that I can't even describe it. Flame and rock hurtled down from the clouds as if the gods themselves were stoning me for toying with time. And then Alduin appeared.

He swooped overhead as fire and rock exploded around me. Taunting me .. insulting me .. threatening me. But I eventually found my voice and uttered words that hadn't ever passed my lips before. Dragonrend. A shout to bind a dragon and take away their freedom. Their ability to fly.

And soon enough Alduin was on the ground in front of me. His eyes were filled with fury and hatred. And I swung my mace against his scaly flesh with all my effort .. over and over .. frantic swings .. desperate swings. And I knocked away his attempts to bite me in half with my shield .. but I caught the spear-tip points of his teeth on more than one occasion.

And then he was in the air again, and with fire and rock still raining down on me I shouted the evil dragon to the ground again. And this went on for hours and hours, until the sun itself tired of our fighting and left us to our fates. So we continued the fight in a darkness broken only by the flame from Alduin's mouth.

Paartharnux himself joined in the fight, and we did battle as only legends and legends of legends could.

battleatthethroat.jpg

And eventually, after many hours had passed and each had felt the sting of the other's power, Alduin declared his immortality in that place and flew away. I was left standing in the dark, weak from the fighting, and in shock for how it had ended.

Paarthurnax consoled me and explained that Alduin could not be defeated by standard means. He was not any mere dragon just as I was not any mere nord. We would need to trap him, and it was suggested that I use Whiterun to do it.

So after spending the night in High Hrothgar I made haste to Ivarstead the next morning, stopping only for some food before continuing with great determination to Whiterun. Here I spoke to the jarl and persuaded him to let us use Whiterun to trap Alduin. He was not keen on the idea but he was smart enough to know to listen to me.

Now I just needed to learn a shout to call Alduin to Whiterun. And for that I needed to travel back to Sky Temple. I was headed out of the palace with this in mind when I ran into Lydia. For my previous efforts for the jarl I had been awarded her as housecarl, and while I had never called on her services before .. I did so now. Time was running short and the situation was dire. I would need all the help I could get to pull off trapping a dragon .. especially one as cunning and powerful as Alduin.

So we head out now to ride to Rorikstead. If I can make it we may ride through the night to reach Sky Temple. There is no time to waste.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Man Hrisskar looks awesome with the helmet of yngvild (i might be wrong on that) either way he looks like he would be some Nord legend like Ysgramor. That reminds me once you get closer to the possible final weapon you will be using would you consider enchanting something just to name it and have Hrisskar with his famous (insert equipment name here)

osheao

lol yeah that is the only thing I hate about dark elves (everyone is racist to them) and its something that will definitely play into my vampire journal. I absolutely hate windhelm as all I see is racist nords everywhere.

HRISSKAR WHY U SO RACIST

? i don't get it. discount the 2 idiots upon entering windhelm and the mere fact that there IS a slum district, which, btw, is their own free will, where is this 'racism?'

am i missing something or just too in-tune with my nord loyalist, lol?

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Man Hrisskar looks awesome with the helmet of yngvild (i might be wrong on that) either way he looks like he would be some Nord legend like Ysgramor. That reminds me once you get closer to the possible final weapon you will be using would you consider enchanting something just to name it and have Hrisskar with his famous (insert equipment name here)

I like this idea. Just make it a weak enchantment and never recharge it when it charges out - no point in not allowing you to name your weapon.

BIGwooly

I have to agree. It was the first helmet he put on that I was like "This .. this is Hrisskar."

And to answer your question, I doubt Hrisskar will ever enchant anything. He has no training or understanding of enchanting. Maybe he could have someone enchant his charcoal though, so he can sketch in color. d;-p

osheao

"this.. this is hrisskar"

gotta love that you are that point with your character. great stuff.

enchanted charcoal and magic paintbrushes... interesting combo? lol.

? i don't get it. discount the 2 idiots upon entering windhelm and the mere fact that there IS a slum district, which, btw, is their own free will, where is this 'racism?'

am i missing something or just too in-tune with my nord loyalist, lol?
The Dark Elves are forced to live in the Gray Quarter, not because they want to, but because they have to and are forced to.

When the Red Mountain exploded, nobody could breath. The dark elves fled from Morrowind to Skyrim. The closest town was Windhelm, so they all unpacked and got ready to stay. The Nords did not respect them. They forced them into the poorer area of the town. They stopped maintaining everything. The Dark Elves have been there for about 20-30 years. Some of these elves are 2-3 generation. It would be too much effort to up and leave.

osheao

The Dark Elves are forced to live in the Gray Quarter, not because they want to, but because they have to and are forced to.

When the Red Mountain exploded, nobody could breath. The dark elves fled from Morrowind to Skyrim. The closest town was Windhelm, so they all unpacked and got ready to stay. The Nords did not respect them. They forced them into the poorer area of the town. They stopped maintaining everything. The Dark Elves have been there for about 20-30 years. Some of these elves are 2-3 generation. It would be too much effort to up and leave.

'forced' is absolutely incorrect! they are not slaves.

a rethinking of your opinion is needed. (i'm not attacking YOU, btw. lol.)

Allow me to explain. The Dark Elves needed a home. Windhelm had homes. The Nords forces the elves to live in a slum instead of the nice homes. The Dark Elves COULD leave whenever they want, but they have their friends, family and source of wealth coming from Windhelm.

It is a clever trick, I think. The large clans, (Shatter-Shields) pay the dark elves and argonians just enough to keep them alive. The dark elves can't afford to spend much money, so they buy their food. The dark elves and argonians don't have enough money to pack up and leave, because they have no money for guards, no idea where to go, no money for enough food for the trip, and no money for when they reach their destination.

In a way, the Dark Elves are slaves. Paid, but still oppressed.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?

Allow me to explain. The Dark Elves needed a home. Windhelm had homes. The Nords forces the elves to live in a slum instead of the nice homes. The Dark Elves COULD leave whenever they want, but they have their friends, family and source of wealth coming from Windhelm.

It is a clever trick, I think. The large clans, (Shatter-Shields) pay the dark elves and argonians just enough to keep them alive. The dark elves can't afford to spend much money, so they buy their food. The dark elves and argonians don't have enough money to pack up and leave, because they have no money for guards, no idea where to go, no money for enough food for the trip, and no money for when they reach their destination.

In a way, the Dark Elves are slaves. Paid, but still oppressed.

Does this look like a thread for discussing the poverty of the dark elfs? If you want to talk about it make your own thread and stop spamming this one with your off topic arguments.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
I have to agree. It was the first helmet he put on that I was like "This .. this is Hrisskar."

And to answer your question, I doubt Hrisskar will ever enchant anything. He has no training or understanding of enchanting. Maybe he could have someone enchant his charcoal though, so he can sketch in color. d;-p
As I see it, there are a couple of issues with this, but also a couple of work-arounds, too.

Yes, Hrisskar could have a weapon enchanted so it would have a name, but he already HAS an enchanted mace and that can't be renamed.

That being said, the mace could be disenchanted and a new one enchanted with the same effect and then renamed, but the enchant will probably not be as strong. And he knows nothing about enchanting anyway.

But every truly legendary weapon has a name, and Hrisskar's absorb health mace has become fairly legendary, like him, so why not just name it anyway. Even if it doesn't have that name in-game, he can still call it that!

And I'm sure there is an artist somewhere in Skyrim that Hrisskar could pay to draw a color portrait of him!!

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
As I see it, there are a couple of issues with this, but also a couple of work-arounds, too.

Yes, Hrisskar could have a weapon enchanted so it would have a name, but he already HAS an enchanted mace and that can't be renamed.

That being said, the mace could be disenchanted and a new one enchanted with the same effect and then renamed, but the enchant will probably not be as strong. And he knows nothing about enchanting anyway.

But every truly legendary weapon has a name, and Hrisskar's absorb health mace has become fairly legendary, like him, so why not just name it anyway. Even if it doesn't have that name in-game, he can still call it that!

And I'm sure there is an artist somewhere in Skyrim that Hrisskar could pay to draw a color portrait of him!!
Am I wrong here or didn't Hrisskar get rid of Absorb health mace awhile back in favor of a more powerful fire enchant? Correct me if I'm wrong

BIGwooly

Am I wrong here or didn't Hrisskar get rid of Absorb health mace awhile back in favor of a more powerful fire enchant? Correct me if I'm wrong

You are correct. Hrisskar sold his health absorbing mace for a flame enchanted mace. It was a really difficult decision, actually. If you remember, he had actually left Whiterun and then turned around and went back to purchase the mace. d;-)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts