Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
You could ... d;-)

I did. Apparently not, though he was close.

Sjadbek says it was for a good reason, though, and has - because I play Sjadbek under zero restrictions and on lower difficulties (my Sjadbek game hasn't even actually reached the date my fanfic starring him occurs in). "Also," he says, "you should totally go and try to kill that ice wraith again. But the Jurgen Windcaller horn is kind of important too."

BIGwooly

I did. Apparently not, though he was close.

Sjadbek says it was for a good reason, though, and has - because I play Sjadbek under zero restrictions and on lower difficulties (my Sjadbek game hasn't even actually reached the date my fanfic starring him occurs in). "Also," he says, "you should totally go and try to kill that ice wraith again. But the Jurgen Windcaller horn is kind of important too."

Having defeated an ice wraith on the way up to High Hrothgar, I can tell you that the ice wraith on the island is on Hrisskar's mind. But he's not stupid either. He had help this time, and won't have help out on the island. As much as he wants imperial blood, he's pretty curious about this whole dragon thing too .. especially the power he's gained.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
I wonder if hrisskar is thinking about what the guard said to him about a dragon attacking helgan now that he knows there real.

bulbaquil

Having defeated an ice wraith on the way up to High Hrothgar, I can tell you that the ice wraith on the island is on Hrisskar's mind. But he's not stupid either. He had help this time, and won't have help out on the island. As much as he wants imperial blood, he's pretty curious about this whole dragon thing too .. especially the power he's gained.

Well, it is called "the main quest" for a reason, after all... :)

BIGwooly

I wonder if hrisskar is thinking about what the guard said to him about a dragon attacking helgan now that he knows there real.

I was wondering if anyone had caught on to that little twist. d;-)

I was reading over this, and you have inspired me to do play like this, and develop a backstory to my character. I wanted to do it earlier, but never did. You're also a very good writer...

BIGwooly

I was reading over this, and you have inspired me to do play like this, and develop a backstory to my character. I wanted to do it earlier, but never did. You're also a very good writer...

Thank you very much. Glad you've enjoyed the journal and best of luck with your own adventure. Just have fun with it!

bulbaquil

i think he wouldnt have much of a problem. especially if you use the insane poison you were given to fight it

Most likely Hris has had to sell that potion by now. But I do not think that ice wraith levels, so it should be an easier fight this time around. What weapons and armor is he using? (I know it'll be unsmithed and only-enchanted-if-looted-that-way, but...)

I killed the thing once at level 1 or 2 without using Galmar's potions or without needing to heal - of course, I was also playing on Apprentice difficulty when I did that, and Master is eight times harder.

perkecet

Most likely Hris has had to sell that potion by now. But I do not think that ice wraith levels, so it should be an easier fight this time around. What weapons and armor is he using? (I know it'll be unsmithed and only-enchanted-if-looted-that-way, but...)

I killed the thing once at level 1 or 2 without using Galmar's potions or without needing to heal - of course, I was also playing on Apprentice difficulty when I did that, and Master is eight times harder.
yeah but i did the same thing on expert. ice wraiths are pushovers. especially if youre a nord. just annoying cuz theyre hard to hit.

bulbaquil

yeah but i did the same thing on expert. ice wraiths are pushovers. especially if youre a nord. just annoying cuz theyre hard to hit.

Hard to find, too, especially in daytime, though having brightness at less than full might actually make it easier. I was playing my Sjadbek file just now, walking through the Pale; the music turned to "there is an enemy here now" mode, and follower Stenvar was clearly shooting at something. My reaction: "What is he shooting at--*gasp* IMPERIALS! ...and an ice wraith."

I think there might have actually been two ice wraiths, but I can't tell the difference even with HUD at 100%. But the way I thought of it was pretty much the way Sjad would have thought of it, so yeah. Of course, he targeted the Imperials first.

BIGwooly

i think he wouldnt have much of a problem. especially if you use the insane poison you were given to fight it

Trust me, I used that poison the first time I tried to kill it and the thing killed me in like 3 attacks. Remember, I'm playing on master with a bunch of restrictions.

BIGwooly

Believe it or not, the difference between expert and master is somewhat steep. On master you do half regular damage and enemies to double regular damage. NOTHING is easy. A pack of three wolves can kill you if you're not careful.

BIGwooly

Crazy enough, Hrisskar is still carrying those potions. He has every intention of using them when the time is right. It's been a sacrifice to carry them in place of other items for this long, though.

Also, Hrisskar only has a few enchanted items. He had a journal entry not too long ago that details his inventory, which hasn't changed too much since.