Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

Hrisskar is getting to be a badass...

Do I remember correctly you do not take any perks in the trees? You only level up on the skills you use?

edit: do not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks

Could you reveal which perks you have taken so far by posting a link to the perk calculater?

Yeah, not sure if you watch Breaking Bad, but I felt a bit like Heisenberg last night. I was ready to light up the ABQ! d;-p

I am using perks, but selectively. Any perk that strikes me as unrealistic or overpowered I won't use. So for example, slowing down time perks, perks that make armor weigh nothing, etc. So far all perks have gone to heavy armor, block and one-handed .. with one perk going to archery for damage. When I get a chance I'll look into taking a pic of the calculator.

BIGwooly

- Turdas, 12th of Morning Star, 4E 201 -

It's been two days since I've written, but I've been busy. It took me all of Morndas to haul armor and weapons and food and such back to Whiterun from the bandit hideout. I purchased a horse at the stables that morning, though, to help me with the heavy loads. I think this may have been the best thousand gold I've spent in my life.

The horse, or as I now call her .. Kili .. after my father's nickname for my mother, is able to carry about a third of what I can. Without her back it would have taken me a week to clear out the cave. Instead it took a full day and five trips back and forth.

She eats twice as much as me, which is a bit rough on the ol' coinpurse, but she more than makes up for that with her ability to carry items for me. She's also finicky, as horses can be, and will only eat certain foods. I can't feed her meat or cheese, but she loves apples and cabbage and carrots. I don't really mind. She's stuck with me so far so I'll feed her what she likes.

Yesterday I set out to ride to Solitude, a long journey but I've decided I want to try and recover that helmet the war veteran talked about. As Whiterun was fading behind us I had an epiphany .. well, two really.

The first was that I suddenly remembered a traveler at the inn in Solitude talking about a wall to the west. He had mentioned that this wall would speak to you if you approached it and transfer a power to you in the ancient dragon language. It sounds an good bit like the ancient ruin I found the other day, minus the black wall part. So now I had a second reason to be in Solitude. With any luck that fellow would still be there and I could maybe pay a bit more attention to his story this time.

But the other thought that jumped to my mind was of a traveler I had met on the road just a few days earlier. She was a mercenary, off to take care of a 'problem' she had been paid to take care of. I saw it as a good opportunity to pick up another partner and quickly handed her the forty-three gold pieces she was asking for. In my haste I misunderstood her, and discovered I hadn't paid for her company. I had paid for the right to take care of the problem for her. A horrible deal, but she was a seasoned fighter and I wasn't about to make an issue out it over such a smallish amount of coin.

But the place she was supposed to investigate was just off the road from me as I was riding along, so I couldn't help myself. I had to at least see what it looked like.

Kili brought us across a creek and over a few hills, and then I saw the place. It was a massive fort-like structure. Before I could even think to examine it further, I noticed a man with a bow firing arrows .. but not at me. I shifted my gaze and spotted a trio of mudcrabs ambling up the hillside towards him. Another archer joined the fight seconds later.

Atop my horse I watched the battle play out. One of the mudcrabs fell to the barrage of arrows, but the other two were able to reach the first bowman and a close quarters fight began. The man put his bow away and pulled out what looked to be a small dagger of cheap build. I fully expected him to finish the critters off, but was surprised as he fell to one of the larger crab's attacks.

Now the two crabs turned their attention to the other bowman, and rushed him .. well, as much as a mudcrab can rush. It was at this point that I noticed the tell-tale white blasting of a frost spell. I moved Kili a bit closer and spotted a third person, a magic-wielding khajit. Now I was certain that the crabs were doomed, but I watched with eager anticipation anyways.

Once again, to my shock, the large mudcrab dealt a nasty blow to the archer and he fell in a heap. The two crabs turned and made the khajit their next target. He continued to blast them with frost as they closed on him, and now I was certain that the claw-wielding duo would fall to the magic-wielding feline. The fight went on for a minute or so, and then once again I was wrong. I'll have to remember never to place bets on fights. That's probably what got my grandfather Hrisskar Flat-Foot in debt back in the day. My grandmother was always harping on him about that.

With three people dead and the two mudcrabs sauntering away to cool off in a nearby stream, I moved in to check the bodies. Bandits.

I stripped the bodies of valuables and Kili and I made our way back to Whiterun to profit some gold. It was a fairly short trip, since we were so close to the city still. We were back to the fort by late afternoon. With several hours of light still ahead of me, I decided I might as well look a bit further into the fort. I wasn't going to leave for Solitude this late in the day anyways, so it would be another night in Whiterun regardless.

I dismounted and left Kili in a safe and secluded spot, then moved into the fort. I found a locked gate, and in a room just beyond it I could make out a chest. Perhaps I could locate the key and find something useful in the chest.

I ventured further, checking out a stone hut of sorts and a cooking area. That was when the door caught my eye. There was an endless set of steps leading up to my left, but just across them I spotted a door. The steps seemed like a lot of work, so the door it would be. I drew my mace and my shield, and entered.

There was a fire pit directly in front of my, with a good bit of flame going. I would have to avoid that as it was really lighting up the room. I heard voices .. seemingly to my right, so I crept in that direction. I crossed over some rubble to get to a tunnel entrance and avoid the light of the campfire. As I carefully stepped into the entrance I spotted another bandit. And he spotted me.

I quickly backed up over the rubble and found a fairly dark spot to freeze myself in. The bandit appeared a moment later, a bow in his hands. Apparently these bandits were fond of marksmanship. He ran here and there in the room, trying to figure out where I had gone, but he didn't see me. Quietly, like footsteps on a fresh snowfall, I stowed my mace and retrieved my bow. As I place an arrow in the string, though, he spotted me again. I let the arrow fly, and was grabbing my mace and shield before it hit.

I had no intention of letting this bandit run off and warn his fellow thieves, so I rushed around the fire and charged him with my mace held high. It struck him with a satisfying crushing sound as he struggled to load an arrow into his bow. Too late, the mace knocked the life out of him and he fell dead at my feet.

The satisfied feeling stuck with me for all of a moment until I heard another voice, this one behind me. I spun around to see a very large bandit approaching me with a very large steel axe. Again I pressed the attack and attempted to bash him with my shield, but I missed, and paid for it by exposing myself to a jarring blow from the axe.

Unfazed I pushed forward again swinging my mace as hard as I could. But my foe was nimble for his size, and stepped out of it's path. I felt the quaking sting of his axe again. Now I realized I had to fight smarter, as this bandit knew what he was doing. There was no fear or panic in his eyes, not like the archer I had just slain.

I put my shield up and watched for an opening. The axe came again, and my shield took the brunt of it. But the blow was a heavy one, and my vision blurred. I was in big trouble. I had yet to land a blow on my opponent, but he had me nearly defeated. With no other options on hand, I yelled at the top of my lungs and sent fear into his mind. He turned and ran, and again I missed with my mace.

After giving chase for a few seconds I realized I was being a fool. Now was not the time to try and finish this brigand. Now was the time to leave and save my own skin. I would come back for him another day.

As dawn's golden light filters through the windows into my room at The Bannered Mare, that day is today.

Toshiro

FYI - I'm going to update my play restrictions with the restrictions I use for owning/using a horse. Should have that up shortly.
And what perks you have taken?:)

BIGwooly

- Turdas, 12th of Morning Star, 4E 202 -

Tonight the ale spills like a waterfall down my throat. The bard's music from downstairs is coloring the air and my mood as well. I have much to celebrate tonight.

Earlier today I returned to the bandit fort. I moved slowly and with a purpose. My axe-wielding barbarian friend was somewhere inside, and today was his day to die.

As I stepped over the body of yesterday's panicked bowman I heard the barbarian's voice. I inched forward in the tunnel toward a bend. Light spilled around the corner, which meant a torch or lantern was going to make things difficult.

It was then that I realized I was hearing two voices, not just the barbarian's. There was someone else in the tunnels as well. The pit in my stomach reminded me that I wasn't going to be able to shout my fear at anyone today. But I had an escape plan set up as a last resort. I had left Kili just outside the door, below a ledge. If I had to flee, I would sprint to the door, burst through it .. then jump down onto Kili and ride away. This also meant it was critical that I didn't waste any of my energy during combat. No bashing with my shield or dropping heavy-handed blows.

Like one of the scribs back in Morrowind I creeped toward the bend. I had an arrow poisoned and it was already in the bow. Likewise my mace was also poisoned and ready for action. As I peered around the corner I spotted the barbarian. He was standing, facing me, with his giant battle-axe on his back.

Good. Yesterday he surprised me. Today I surprise him.

I let the arrow fly and nearly had a second ready to go when the first hit him square in the chestplate. It drove through and the magic flame from my bow combined with the poison on the arrow to quickly end the brute's life.

I waited, motionless, unsure if there was a second person in the room. But the voice continued. They weren't in the room and were unaware of my presence. Good. Another victim for my bow.

I moved through the room with the dead barbarian. I took my time, moving patiently and watching every single step. I wasn't going to lose the advantage of surprise today.

Around the next bend I discovered the source of the voice. A man was standing just down from me, with his back to me facing a giant ornate door. There was a torch on the tunnel wall between us, so that ruled out getting any closer. Worse yet, the man was standing so that most of his body was blocked by the edge of another wall. I only had a clear shot at his calf .. maybe his arm .. but that was moving around. This would not be an easy shot to say the least. I couldn't afford to miss and waste one of my last poisons, or risk alerting him either.

It's funny how one can act when confidence fills their soul. Despite the difficulty and gravity of the situation, I found myself notching the arrow and aiming the bow without any hesitation. Without any pause, and with a strange sense of assurance, I let the arrow go. It flew straight and true, and struck the man in the calf.

In addition to the poison on the tip and the flame magic from the bow, he also caught on fire from the shot. And this is what killed him. As the arrow struck he yelled and took a step forward, no doubt to unsheathe his warhammer and track me down. But the flames ignited across his body and a moment later he fell down in a heap.

I walked up and examined the body, then turned my attention to the door. There was something about it's size .. about the design of it .. that made me think this was a good time to call it a day. I could come back tomorrow and see what lie on the other side. At least then I would have my battle-cry ability available again.

So here I sit, finishing my salmon steak and having another bottle. I'm in good spirits and looking forward to exploring beyond that door tomorrow. But first, a drawing with my charcoal. If for nothing else, I sketch this for my future grandchildren. It was quite a shot I assure you.

tunnelshot.jpg

ra666x

no stone left unturned
oly crep didnt kno u can draw with da charcoal¬¬¬!!!! gonna see if it works now wooot if it does am gonna tag the whole real with RA =] or maybe ra woz here lokl or ra did this hahaha ta for that=]

brandon

oly crep didnt kno u can draw with da charcoal¬¬¬!!!! gonna see if it works now wooot if it does am gonna tag the whole real with RA =] or maybe ra woz here lokl or ra did this hahaha ta for that=]
hey you cant really draw with charcoal in the game except one one mission. hes taking screenshots and making them black and white. atleast not from my experiences. but that would be cool. id write out fiddlers green on a peice of paper and hang it on the wall of my house.

BIGwooly

I've finally caught up with you. This is great! But now I have to wait for the next posts. :sadface: Excellent job sir! Bravo!

Thank you. I should have another entry or two up tonight. Next week and the following week I'm out of town. Booooo!

BIGwooly

For those interested, here is a link to my perk tree: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#53972

I'm at level 15 and I'm currently carrying 2 perk points that I haven't spent; waiting to reach higher levels in one-handed, block and heavy armor to spend them.

Kurrus

I actually quit my level 22 character (seventh one to date I think, I've actually lost count) to play a somewhat more hardcore style. Not as HC as you, but it suits me better.

* No magic
* No smithing
* No enchanting
* Save only on rest
* Following your rules on Health potions
* 1/3 of carrying capacity, including what I have equiped. Add 30 if I have a follower.
* Only "realistic" perks
* No fast travel, only by wagon
* No lockpicking
* Somewhat following your nutrional requirements, just making sure I eat/drink twice a day.

Can't seem to ween myself from the HUD, picking up things is a bitch, plus I ended up stealing some stuff I didn't mean too. I also don't have the patience to not use the map and search for locations. My hat goes off to you on that one.

All of this has made the game a new experience for a player that was getting bored of being a God.

BIGwooly

I actually quit my level 22 character (seventh one to date I think, I've actually lost count) to play a somewhat more hardcore style. Not as HC as you, but it suits me better.

* No magic
* No smithing
* No enchanting
* Save only on rest
* Following your rules on Health potions
* 1/3 of carrying capacity, including what I have equiped. Add 30 if I have a follower.
* Only "realistic" perks
* No fast travel, only by wagon
* No lockpicking
* Somewhat following your nutrional requirements, just making sure I eat/drink twice a day.

Can't seem to ween myself from the HUD, picking up things is a bitch, plus I ended up stealing some stuff I didn't mean too. I also don't have the patience to not use the map and search for locations. My hat goes off to you on that one.

All of this has made the game a new experience for a player that was getting bored of being a God.

Congrats! I think you'll really have fun with it. Not using the map was much better in the other games because they at least gave you decent verbal directions. Now you get a quest and all they say is "Yo, kid, I marked it on your map. Check it." Lame.

Toshiro

For those interested, here is a link to my perk tree: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#53972

I'm at level 15 and I'm currently carrying 2 perk points that I haven't spent; waiting to reach higher levels in one-handed, block and heavy armor to spend them.
Cool, thanks. No perks in sneak yet? I am guessing you must have leveled a lot in sneak. Or do you feel this would make you overpowered?

BIGwooly

Cool, thanks. No perks in sneak yet? I am guessing you must have leveled a lot in sneak. Or do you feel this would make you overpowered?

No perks in sneak. I think sneak is at 42 and one-handed is at 46.

BIGwooly

- Loredas, 20th of Morning Star, 4E 201 -

Tonight I raise a bottle to a giant hairy beast. Not to Kili, although she deserves a nod as well, but to a massive mammoth that served me better than my own mace.

It's been a week since I last made an attempt at the bandit stronghold near Whiterun. After learning a hard lesson I went back this morning with the same plan, but with the intent of executing it better.

A week earlier I had a run-in of sorts with a mammoth near the fort. During a skirmish with some bandit bowman Kili managed to run off. I'm assuming she was spooked by the fighting. After searching for nearly an hour I found her, wandering in the midst of a giant camp. I don't mean to say a large camp, I mean to say a camp where giants live. If that wasn't bad enough, there was a large mammoth .. as if there are small one's ... trying to kill her. I hesitated to go in after her. After all, one strike from a giant or one lunge from a mammoth would likely send me to Sovngarde.

But I was attached to Kili and she was in trouble. If I left her she was surely going to die in a matter of minutes. And besides, I had just invested a thousand pieces of gold in her. I barely had any coin left to my name, so if nothing else I had to make my investment worth something. If I'm honest, it was this thought that helped me overcome my fear and charge into the camp.

I made a straight line for her, refusing to check and see if the giants had decided to make me a plaything. As I reached her my breath gave out, but I was close enough. I grabbed her reigns and in one fluid motion I was atop her. The heels of my boots transferred my anxiety to her hooves and we were off.

You see, it wasn't a mammoth that put me in bed for a week. It was the bandit boss I ran into a few hours later. But today I was going to execute my plan better. I would draw them outside one by one and finish them on my terms.

Once again, though, my execution faltered. The bandit boss and two of his hired thugs came after me together, and I ran down the steps to my waiting steed. I rode her out a short ways from the fort and tried to lure one of the archers out to me. Instead, the boss came running, lightning arcing out at me from his fingers. Kili shrieked as a second bolt hit us. My plan was a bust, and we were in trouble.

Then, out of nowhere, as if written in some legendary story ... a mammoth came crashing past us and slammed into the boss. I eased Kili away and watched the battle from a hillside. The bandit boss put up an excellent fight, and certainly had it in him to finish my life this day. But a mammoth was too much for him, and with a furious thrust of it's tusks the bandit leader finally met his fate.

But the mammoth was still enraged, and charged up into the fort at the startled archers. I can only imagine the fear in their hearts as the massive beast bore down on them. Unlike their master, they didn't fare as well. A single thrust ended each of their lives.

And just as quickly as it had all started, it was over. Three bandits were dead and a mammoth sauntered casually down some old stone steps. It's a sight I'll never forget.

kilimammoth.jpg

BIGwooly

- Sundas, 21st of Morning Star, 4E 201 -

I've stopped off in a little village called Rorikstead. The evening light was settling in and I was only about halfway to Solitude. No point traveling in the dark where I can lose my way or run into nasty denizens of the night.

I may not be a stormcloak yet, but today I felt like one. While trotting Kili along the road I spotted a another party. I approached them carefully and slowly, unsure of their business. As I got close I realized the man on horseback was a noble and his imperial bodyguard was walking ahead of him. I chatted with them briefly, then moved on.

But I wasn't done with them yet. My father's blood still stains my heart, even if I rarely write about it. I think about it daily. At night I dream of the day I can repay his innocent debt. Up until now I had only run into patrols or prison parties with several imperial soldiers in their ranks. But this was different. This was an easy target and a single guard. Both would feel the sting of my loss today.

I trailed them from a distance for a good half hour. I wanted to weigh my options and think this through thoroughly. I also wanted to have a solid plan for the attack. Something that gave me the best advantage possible. I decided a high ground, concealed attack would be best. A place that would allow me to take out the noble with my first arrow, and then put two or three arrows into the bodyguard made his way up to me.

After pushing past them I cut back over to the road and scouted ahead of their path. I spent nearly an hour riding ahead to look at outcrops and hillsides, then riding back to check on the progress of my targets.

After several such trips I finally found the spot. It was perfect. It was a large rock outcrop that rose up right next to the road. One particular rock jutted out, putting me nearly over the top of the road. There were two routes up along the back flanks of the rocky mound. One had plenty of cover, the other was mostly exposed. I would want to wait until they were just past me before launching the assault. This way the soldier would spot the exposed path and choose that one to reach me. The plan was set, and just up the road I saw them appear.

I crouched down away from the edge of the rock. I didn't want them to spot me before they arrived. Full surprise was essential. From my bag I pulled two health poisons. One glazed and arrow and the other my mace. The final piece of the plan was set. I waited.

nobleassasination.jpg

With Kili tucked out of sight back in the trees, the noble and his guard approached without suspicion. As they passed on the road below me I slid quietly out onto the rock, readying an arrow for my mounted target. The shot was more complex than I had anticipated. Being above my target left me a bit less to work with, and with the movement and the constant angle change I was running out time trying to line up the shot.

My finger relaxed and the arrow leapt from the string. The rider's horse shrieked in pain as my arrow just missed and struck it's neck. So much for surprise. The noble jumped down from his injured horse and drew a dagger. The imperial drew his bow. Both rushed for the path up the hill. I was about to have a really bad day.

Knowing my next few shots with the bow had to hit, I focused that much more. My first struck the noble in his ribcage, but he kept running. I sent a second through the air and this one was enough. He fell dead as the frenzied bodyguard bolted past the him.

Somehow through all of this the legion soldier was moving quickly and firing arrows at me. I had already dodged a pair while shooting my own arrows at the royalty. Now I continued to dodge them and return the solider's shots. My first missed. I was rushing my aim. Time was still of the essence, but so was landing arrows against his armor. My second arrow found it's mark.

I managed to score another hit but now the imperial was no more than fifteen paces from me. At any moment he would be drawing his sword and making the fight a lot more personal. As he rushed in I found the ability to get one last arrow off, and it struck him hard in the chest.

The soldier dropped to the ground, not dead, just badly hurt. I wasted no time and switched to my poisoned mace and sprung at him. My steel rained down as he attempted to rise, and with the smashing of metal he was done. I could scarcely believe it, but I had just bested an imperial soldier.

I stood there, catching my breath and smiling a large nordic smile. I ... Hrisskar of Helgen ... son of Hrisskar the Second and grandson of Hrisskar Flat-Foot of Seyda Neen ... had just killed an legion soldier. Just a few months ago I could barely kill a wolf or a mudcrab. I had never before that even considered that I would one day possess this kind of skill and ability. Bless you Talos for blessing me such.

Eventually I stripped their bodies and tucked them in a discreet spot. No need to draw undue attention to my deed. The noble's horse was already long gone, so that wasn't a concern either. I tucked the imperial's armor under a blanket on Kiri, as well as the noble's expensive clothing. I would have to be careful where I tried to sell these things. Not just anyone walks into a shop to sell imperial armor.

But Talos wasn't finished blessing me yet. A few hours later as I traveled along the road I came across an orc. I dismounted and introduced myself to him. As it turns out, he is smuggler .. a skooma smuggler. He expressed much interest in the imperial armor and weapons, but he barely had thirty gold pieces in his pocket. I wasn't about to sell the imperial's gear for a mere thirty gold.

But as we continued haggling I noticed the orc, in addition to his bottles of contraband, had two very special-looking flasks. I asked what they were and he explained that they would greatly bolster one's health for a minute or so. When I pressed him further he assured me that the effect was well worth the five hundred gold he wanted for both. So we did a bit of trading. I purchased his special flasks and he in turn purchased the imperial armor and weapons. How serendipitous.

And that is how today unfolded. I'm not sure who the noble was, but if he was with an imperial guard then he had already chosen his side. I may get no credit from the stormcloaks for my deed, but I already feel I was paid in full. For the first time since I fled Helgen I can think of my father and smile. That alone was worth everything today.

BIGwooly

- Morndas, 22nd of Morning Star, 4E 201 -

I finished the trek to Solitude today. I was hassled by a number of bandits on the way, but Kili was fleet of foot and got us past them. I shudder to think how long that journey would take by my own feet, provided I could even make safe passage.

On the way I came across a cart with a dead woman laying next to it. I scouted the surrounding area to be sure it was clear, then dismounted for a closer examination. The first thing I noticed were a few arrows on the ground next to her body. They were falmer arrows. Blind and deranged, I didn't want to run into any of them.

The woman had a journal, much like mine. I hesitated to open it, but seeing as how she had already passed I thought it might be useful to check it. Sure enough, she mentioned traveling with her husband. My first thought was that she had been killed and he had been taken as a slave. But after poking around a bit more I found his body on the other side of the wagon, laying peacefully in the roadside grasses. I took the six gold pieces I found on him, but left everything else as it was. I wouldn't have even taken the gold under most circumstances, but I barely have a hundred of my own right now.

Taking the gold left me feeling I had to repay them for it somehow. I had spotted tents on the opposite side of the river just up the road, so I decided to investigate and see if a group of bandits had caused the mayhem.

The camp was abandoned, save for a mudcrab that I had to dispatch. But it wasn't completely abandoned. It's occupants were just .. not home at the moment. I spied an axe and a dagger, and was already thinking bandits when I saw the journal. I'd never heard of a bandit keeping a journal, but then again, why wouldn't one? I suppose to make sure there is no evidence in case he is ever caught by soldiers or guards. Either way, I opened the journal.

From what I could determine, the owner was not a bandit. In fact, he seemed quite upset at the violent scene I had come across just a bit earlier. He seemed to think the source of the violence was up a trail, which they had camped at the base of. The six gold coins in my pocket whispered in my ear and I grudgingly set off up the trail.

Now keep in mind I didn't have Kili with me at this point. The terrain had been too rocky and I had to leave her quite a ways back. I felt quite vulnerable walking up this trail in broad daylight, with no idea what lay ahead or around the next bend.

After a short but timely hike I came to a small lake with a waterfall feeding into it. I also spotted what looked like a cave entrance, and next to it a lit torch. I also could make out a large rock, that seemed .. different from the rocks near it. I began to suspect it was a bear having a nice afternoon nap, but I couldn't tell for certain. I creeped closer.

It was a rock. I could tell now. The coloring wasn't that far off after all, and like the rocks around it, it hadn't moved. With my attention back to the cave entrance, I shuffled quietly ahead.

Right about the time it moved I realized the large rock was not a rock. I could see fur now, and the movement confirmed for me that it was .. indeed .. a bear. A very large bear. A bear that was not at all happy about being startled from it's slumber. I froze.

The bear turned and lowered it's head, snorting and growling. I didn't move a muscle. I didn't breathe. I didn't blink. The bear stood up on it's hind feet, front paws up high in the air. It roared and bared it's teeth.

I was moving now, backwards .. as slowly as I could bear. Trust me .. no pun is intended here. Again the beast bellowed. I kept my pace, trying to keep my calm and make steady steps. At this point any sudden movement could spell disaster. The bear dropped back down to all fours and I winced. Was it going to charge?

I rounded the bend in the trail a few moments later, disappearing from the animal's sight. Not knowing if it planned to give chase or not, I turned and sprinted back down the trail. I ran until my breathing could take no more, and jogged the rest of the way to Kili.

One more beast of the wild appeared before I reached Solitude. If I thought the bear got my heart racing, coming across a troll nearly killed me just by the sight of it. Luckily for me a party of Thalmor came along and gave it a fight. I stuck around for a bit, to see who would prevail, but when the last of them dropped to a knee and the troll turned toward me, I slipped away into the fading light of dusk.

Now I'm at the Winking Skeever once again, safe and sound. The man from Hammerfell doesn't appear to be here still, which is a shame. I had so many questions for him about the wall he spoke of. I'll give myself a night's rest and see if maybe he shows up tomorrow.

I did run into someone else that I know, however. My old friend Belrand is alive and well it seems, although he chose to act like he didn't know me. Apparently another five hundred gold would refresh his memory. Well, as happy as I was to see him at first, I don't have the gold and I don't appreciate his attitude. He's on his own now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts