Nord or Orc for Dual Wielding Swords?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SilkThread

Title. I'm going to mainly be using swords (dual wield) so which race would better fit me? I'm leaning toward Nord since Skyrim is their home land but Orcs seem the better overall warrior race. Thanks in advance. :)

Orc in terms of pure fighting efficacy. The racial is practically built for dual wielders, since it can cut incoming damage and ramp up outgoing, both of which increase your survivability and power. Nord if you don't like having an underbite.

SilkThread

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, ;)
I'd compose for the stats, myself.
I would normally do Nord just because, well, Skyrim is their homeland but I can't really imagine a dual wielding Nord. xD.

mainjimus

I think the Orc might be safer pick because of the Heavy Armor bonus which will help you out since your more likely to get hit while dual wielding since you can't block.

Garrison

I would normally do Nord just because, well, Skyrim is their homeland but I can't really imagine a dual wielding Nord. xD.

I guess it depends on your desire to roll-play; I don't believe that there are benefits/penalties for choosing race based on appearance. I went Redguard myself as I envisioned myself more as a battlemage. Nord is handy for the Frost resistance, which would be handy given the overall climate of Skyrim. But as Mainjimus mentions, given the character you intend to play, I'm not sure the other bonuses inherited by a Nord are as advantageous as Orc or Redguard.

SilkThread

Neither. Redguard is the best for dual-weilding, it even says in the game guide
Ah, I see. I guess I'll try Red Guard then and if that doesn't appeal to me, Orc will be my next option.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Go with Orc, their racial ability is the best in the game. For 1 minute go beserk deal double damage while only receiving half damage.

Given that the redguard ability can be replaced with either a stamina absorb enchant on weapons, or the use of stamina potions, I would still have to say that the Orc is superior. The redguard ability is nice, but it is much easier to render it redundant than the orc ability.