• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Duecenburg

First off, hello! :D

Now, the other day I was thinking it was time to buy a house instead of carrying all my stuff that I didn't really need but didn't want to sell. Then that made me realize about a barrel I stored stuff in a long time ago (just started re-playing). This barrel I probably haven't touched in months (game time) and when I ran back to it my knights armour was still in it!:eek:

Now, I read about barrels always resetting after 5-6 days of not looking in them, but this one clearly didn't reset and its been way longer than that. Is it a glitch or would someone else want to test it out and see if maybe I found a special barrel.

I bought a house anyway :rolleyes: so if I didn't need to then that would kind of suck....but hey, its waterfront property! :p

The barrel is located in whiterun to the left of Olava the Feeble's house (by the blacksmith).

Duecenburg

No love for my barrel??

Is this some sort of newbie question that gets asked often so when someonee comes on and talks about it they get shunned? DON'T SHUN ME IT HURTS :confused:

:p

Hey , Hey.... I just found your post . Yea actually I use that same barrel and have found it is a safe place early on in lvls to store my stuff in . I remember thinking the same thing you did . Thanks for post . :) P. S. Welcome to the forums happy to meet you

Nighthiker77

The respawn timer isn't reset by opening the barrel. It is reset by entering the cell, so anytime you are in that part of Whiterun, you are resetting the timer. I don't think it is a safe container. You could verify by waiting 30 days far outside of Whiterun, like in a different city.