No 'Well Rested Bonus'

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Leianne Graham

I cannot seem to get a well-rested bonus sleeping in my bed in Whiterun. I'm not a werewolf or vampire, no diseases, not married ... any suggestions? Or is this a common glitch? Did a search and couldn't find any posts on it. I have a PC - OS Win 7 Utimate

Nightmare137

Do you have "The Lover Stone" effect active? if so, this can prevent you from receiving the effects of well rested since it is the same type of bonus.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Are you able to get the bonus anywhere else? Sleeping in an Inn for example where you have purchased a room for the night?

Leianne Graham

Are you able to get the bonus anywhere else? Sleeping in an Inn for example where you have purchased a room for the night?
I get the well rested bonus EVERYWHERE else ... except in homes I've purchased. Just noticed the same problem in Solitude and Markath ... NO well rested bonus.
I DO get it in inns, sleeping bags (bandit camps) etc.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hm, that's odd. Have you had a change in Jarl management? Where you can suddenly talk to them about becoming a thane again (even if you already have)? This tends to happen as the towns change hands during the civil war quest. You might talk to whoever the assistant to the Jarls happens to be for each town and see if there's any house talk available just to see if maybe that retriggers your ownership of those places.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I think you might be sleeping too much. It seems like I can only get the well rested bonus once a day (one time per 24 hour period). After that, any sleep I get for that day only gives me the rested bonus. I'm not sure about this, though, because I haven't taken the time to test it yet.

Leianne Graham

Well it seems I AM getting my 'well rested' bonus - it just doesn't show up on the screen, like it does in the inns and other sleeping areas. I checked my 'active effects' and it is listed there when I sleep in my own bed. Thanks for all the input though - much appreciated!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts