• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Sheogorath raged, deep in his plane of Oblivion. A mere mortal, one of those numnuts, had stolen HIS Wabbajack! Oh, the stupid damned soul! He would be dead before long! Although...

Hadn't Sheogorath always liked to play a game? Make fun of his subjects, and let them be punished by other powers than his own? Yes, of course! With that thought in mind, Sheogorath ordered one of his crazy servants to go off to the inn in Whiterun, and recruit a band of warriors who would find and kill the thief, and ultimately return the Wabbajack.

Alphonse sat in the Bannered Mare in Whiterun, waiting for one of the farmers to show up, with whom he had a business agreement. He could see the sun through a crack in the ceiling, it was almost noon now. Damn it, the guy was late. Grumbling, Alphonse paced around impatiently, until a beggar entered. Or at least he looked like a beggar, with old and grey jester's clothes, and rusty bells on his once-colorful hat. Blabbering something about Sheogorath, a 'Wabbajack' and a lot of Septims, he walked around the inn inspecting everyone there, and finally leaving without saying one sensible thing. As Alphonse scratched his head, he touched his ear, where a piece of paper suddenly was located! Quickly opening it, Alphonse saw the thing was a map. It seemingly led to the Western Watchtower. Curious about what could be there, Alphonse paid for his drinks and left for the stables.

D_A

Dar'Ja had just walked in the Bannered Mare located in Whiterun as a foolish looking begger entered the pub. The jestered looking bum was speaking of Sheogorath's staff, the Wabbajack and how he would pay a massive amount of coin for it. Dar'Ja suddenly gained interest. Coin is good, and this bum might take me somewhere in life. Dar'Ja thought. As he got up from his seat to pursue the bum he felt something behind his ear. He felt behind his ear and found a small map leading to the Whiterun western watchtower. He made sure he had his Hunting Bow, iron arrows, and his Steel dagger before leaving the pub to the Watchtower.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Rjok entered Whiterun's Inn. He directed to the barmaid looking for work. He greeted her and whispered a few things in her ear. She whispered back at him and he couldn't help but shout. "What do you mean no giants left nearby?! I could swear there were a few hoarding their mammoths when I was coming here!" "Yes. But they are peaceful. Listen, if you are looking for work, a beggar came here a while ago and left these maps. I am not getting out of Whiterun so you can take mine. A man just went outside reading it. Maybe you will catch him." The orc was not happy with the news. He always loved slaughtering giants and mammoths. Few were the creatures that provided such amusement in battle like them.

He gasped and headed outside looking for who ever was the person that chose to follow the map like he did. "Where would I go if I wanted to travel? The carriage driver!" He thought sprinting rudely between a couple which was the most recently married one in Whiterun, according to rumours. He finally located a man staring at a piece of paper in the stables. "Hey, Redguard! Are you here for the same reason I am?!" He yelled in a rather uninterested way, still feeling bad for not having the joy of raiding a giant camp.

Alphonse looked up, startled. "Why, i have no notion what you are talking about, good sir Orc. Would you perhaps elaborate on the subject?" Alphonse said, barely looking up from the map. It made little sense, he saw after a close inspection. At Solitude, there was a portal drawn on the map, and near Dawnstar was drawn what looked like an arena. Several other strange markers adorned the map as well...

Writes-Many-Posts

"Don't play smart. The barmaid told me about a begger who gave away weird maps like this one." He raised his hand, holding the wrinkled map. "She said this was a paid job, and septims are the only thing that skoom... I mean mead is tradable for. So if the twisted madman gave so many maps, he doesn't want only one person to help him in whatever he wants, but a party at his disposal. So answer this: Are you taking the madman's job?" Rjok's bad mood was extremelly noticeable. He expected nothing but a boring aaron such as delivering something from Whiterun to another hold, facing no interesting foe, nothing stronger than common, terribly trained bandits.

D_A

Dar'Ja left the building of the Bannered Mare and saw a RedGuard and a Orc arguing something about another map. He walked up to the two men and interrupted their conversation. "Excuse me.... Did you say something about a map?" Dar'Ja was a little intimidated by the orc and his bulky figure although he knew that if a fight broke out he could easily flee and hide due to his agile frame.

The Redguard flushed at that. "Not so loud, please... I don't even think the one who gave me this map can pay anything at all, but i guess checking it out can't hurt. Does that answer your question?" Alphonse had tucked away the map, and was already mounting his horse.

D_A

"Wait!" He shouted at the RedGuard. "I received a map as well. It leads to the Western Watchtower, if you will be so kind enough to take me there I will be in your debt." Not sure if he could trust the RedGuard he asked any way. Dar'Ja truly didn't want to walk all the way there.

Alphonse clearly was weighing the decisions he could make. Finally, he reluctantly extended a hand. "You don't look too heavy," he said, while looking at the massive Orc. That one would have to walk. "Tell me something about yourself and the map, Khajit," he said to his passenger.

Writes-Many-Posts

"Humph! It serves as an answer. Yes an insane fellow was giving these away in the inn according to the barmaid. She is getting greedy and doesn't want to pay me..." He checked the map for the first time. "What the...?! That man is dead! He is joking?! A map is a clear piece of paper with a beggining location and a goal. Not tons of locations! For Malacath where to begin?! Solitude? Is that a gate drawn there?" Puzzling was definitely not his strength. He was more into cracking skulls with his hammer. And that was the first thing he wanted those two to understand right then.

"Listen, if we are getting whatever that bum needs, let me set one thing straight: I don't do the enigmas, puzzles or riddles. I fight, carry heavy things, smash walls if needed, break locks instead of picking them and I will gladly aid in any sort of fistfight or brawl. My name is Rjok, by the way." Sure it was not the best introduction one could do to their own, but so what? The khajiit and the redguard knew his name and his skills. Good enough for a start.

"Alphonse el Valiente," the Redguard announced. "Noble of Hammerfell, and javelineer. My specialty is diplomacy, but my javelins can negotiate very well too."

D_A

"Well Mr. Alphonse and Mr....Rjok, my map leads to the Western watch tower and it appeared behind my ear in the tavern, by the way my name is Dar." Dar'Ja doesn't like the idea of getting close to these men but yet, after all we are only trading names...Right? Either way he just hopes that these are trustful men.

Writes-Many-Posts

"I will meet you in the watch tower..." Rjok said, noticing he couldn't and didn't want to ride the horse since the sad episode of the exhaustion of his expensive stallion bought in Riften. "It would take a mammoth to carry me and survive anyway..." He waved at them, setting off walking to the west in quite fast steps for his heavy orcish armor. "What's the problem of the name Rjok? Oh well... Now it's too late to ask..."

FusRoDovah

Marlo had just entered Whiterun when a beggar ran past him,seemingly hurried.
    "Strange fellow.What the-?" As he looked in his palm,he seen he was holding something which was not there a few moments ago.
    "Wonder what this is.The Western Watchtower..might give it a shot."
    He walked towards the stables to get his horse and kept pondering on what the map represents.
    "Could it be the Black-Briars?Perhaps some people I annoyed?Vampires?This might be a new adventure!"
    He stopped questioning himself when he noticed people at the stables.
    "Perhaps they are also going there.We'll see about that"
    He mounted his horse and rode towards the tower,looking in the area for possible ambushers.

Reactions: D_A

Writes-Many-Posts

Rjok finally reached the Watch Tower and everyone was already there. The khajiit and the redguard. "Who is the imperial?" He said when he saw a new face. He remembered an imperial overtook him on his horse. He then asked them about the map and the crazy begger. "Is the map weirdo here? I need to set a few things straight with that man. No one jests with Rjok!" He grabbed his dwarven hammer. "If he wasn't offering work I would have his corpse floating in the river back to Whiterun! Anyway Alphonse, can you read this?"

FusRoDovah

Marlo looked at the man gathered at the Watch Tower and thought to himself
    "An orc,a khajit and a redguard..what a lovely combination."

"I think we are all here for the same reason.Does anyone know what's going on?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts