• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Ive been on this forum for a while. Every body has their favorite races. The irritating high elve clubs (I know not all of them are bad) Argonians, P.A.H.A.A.A (Argonians are cool as hell), the cat people ect.

But I see nobody boasting about the Orcs raw power and savagery in battle? Or how awesome berserker rage is? Or how when you mix an Orc, the steed stone, heavy armor, any weapon, and just a bit of enchanting. Your completely unstoppable. I would fight Alduin over a well train Orc any day.

So i'm here to start a Orcish club, Just havent thought of a clever name like the P.A.H.A.A.A for it yet.

And remember, not all Orc's are bandits. We're still in the process of trying to weed out and convert the bad ones.

Grob

Three of my 5 characters have been orcs. My current character (Sheogorath minion, Illusion and Wabbajack) is an High Elf, and it feels really weird not being an orc :/ . The Orcs are really amazing, and Berserker Rage is so powerful. Just bad that there is no good looking Orc women... Ghorza and Borghak *shudders*.

LucasNL

Had a Mace + destruction orc with a chef's hat once, named him Duncan. It was fun for a while but after two weeks or so I deleted him. Now I play mostly nords and argonians.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Orcs, the official eye candy of Skyrim (Screw drunken, hairy Nords!). Argonians are really close behind though.
I have an orc warrior character, and I've gotten to the point that I can't make another warrior character. That is his title now :D... Since he's the only one that can take an actual hit without exploding :confused:.

Twiffle

Orcs are seriously Badass dudes, ive played both warrior and archer, archery with berserk rage is awesome, and if you have bound bow, WOW stupid stats, did a mage once too, didnt get on well, but i dont do mages very good with any race so it doesnt count, over all, most of my builds are centred around Orcs

Saozig

Hippy
I prefer playing Bosmer and Bretons myself, but to each their own. I like that there are different races. I personally found my Orc character boring but I really like Orc NPCs. I wish there were more Orc NPCs in the towns and cities, so you didn't have to go to mines, strongholds or Markarth to find one.

AS88

Staff member
Talk the talk and walk the walk.

Choose Orc. ;)

Seriously though, an Orc was the first true RP character I ever played, one of my all-time favourite characters. And Berserk ability makes boss battles a joke at times.

Ritterkreuz

Although I've never played one, I really like the rich culture that Bethesda has given them, and I due respect them as a race in the game. Once Dawngaurd comes out next week for the PS3 I'll seriously consider taking one as a follower for a bit.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I have played 3 Orcs. My favorite one was a Daedric Armor wearing, Dual Wielding monster named "Gorak "The Butcher". I remember going into a Bandit Barrow and using him with "RAGE" and decimating 6 NPC's at once. The sounds of battle attracted the NPC's in the next 2 rooms (wish I could remember the Keep, you would understand that the layout of it was prime for ambush like this) and as the wave of NPC's flooded towards me, I popped "Beast Form" and as a Werewolf ate the rest. Literally. I love the Green Skins. My race of choice in Warhammer Fantasy as well (have over 70k points of Orcs, Boar Boyz, Goblins, Night Goblins, etc.).

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
nope, no love.

I also don't like the Argonians and the khajiit.

I can see why people would like them, but I just don't like them very much..

AS88

Staff member
And they don't all have to be horrifically ugly, either :p

7af7c0c7.jpg

Suleku

The Grey Knight
o_O Okay I will admit in the vanilla game they're just too ugly to the point where you have to put a bag over em but with mods and a little more magic. The chicks look like something you wanna kidnap and take home with you soo they can make me a sandwich :p

itsLilBeastHD

Jason, Modder.
I've always loved my orc.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I love me some orcs, but according to lore, for the longest time, other Elder Scroll races thought they were little more than bipedal animals, despite their elven gene stock.

AS88

Staff member
Per Racial Phylogeny
"The reproductive biology of orcs is at present not well understood, and the same is true of goblins, trolls, harpies, dreugh, tsaesci, imga, various daedra and many others."

Orcs were thrown into the same category as trolls and goblins by the Imperial Council of Healers. Although, this way before the events of Skyrim.

Adventurer

Well, playing an Orc in heavy armor wielding the biggest hammer and smithing all his gear is fun. I played such character recently for a short while. I believe the "problem" with Orcs is the following
1. Little possibility in lore-compliant role play. They are master smiths and master beserkers which means the character above. They are absolutely not good at magic and most of them are not really good at thieving and stealth. They could be excellent hunters but that is not such an inviting perspective. Until one enjoys the hammer heaven it's all fine but once he gets bored with that, it's the end of the character.
2. Harder to impersonate them. For those who are Tolkien fans as well their marketing is not the best :). Impersonating a Nord an Imperial, a Breton, a Redguard, or a (stuck-up:p ) High Elf is much easier it is much more hero-like.

Mainly a hardcore role-player can find the nice touch about Orcs to invest a serious amount of time into such character.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
Well, playing an Orc in heavy armor wielding the biggest hammer and smithing all his gear is fun. I played such character recently for a short while. I believe the "problem" with Orcs is the following
1. Little possibility in lore-compliant role play. They are master smiths and master beserkers which means the character above. They are absolutely not good at magic and most of them are not really good at thieving and stealth. They could be excellent hunters but that is not such an inviting perspective. Until one enjoys the hammer heaven it's all fine but once he gets bored with that, it's the end of the character.
2. Harder to impersonate them. For those who are Tolkien fans as well their marketing is not the best :). Impersonating a Nord an Imperial, a Breton, a Redguard, or a (stuck-up:p ) High Elf is much easier it is much more hero-like.

Mainly a hardcore role-player can find the nice touch about Orcs to invest a serious amount of time into such character.
Having played AD&D since 1978-79, and always thinking of Orcs in that way (Dungeons and Dragons way) it's REALLY hard for me to like them or to see me as one (as anything other than a savage brute with a harsh language). But, I managed to do it and stick with it and it was a blast.

Reactions: Niq

Voodoo_uk2

Orcs prolly gonig to be my next choice of Char but for now im quite happy being a RedGaurd as i like the mixture of High Con/Restor majik skill combined with a Solid Warrior set but i must admit the Orcs i have Accidently Piffed off ( Which is far too easy to do ) and had to fight have been quite the tough cookies and earned more respect than some of the Evil bosses ive fought

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts