• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

utael

actually any quality headphones, of course you'll be spending $100-$150 and they'll generally have a name like shure, akg, sennheisser, or similar. I can't believe how many people don't actually know what good audio sounds like. Beats boost the bass way too much and require so much equalization to sound good that the price they claim to need is ridiculous. I'm not sure how you can call a product that is faulty and over priced good...

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
actually any quality headphones, of course you'll be spending $100-$150 and they'll generally have a name like shure, akg, sennheisser, or similar. I can't believe how many people don't actually know what good audio sounds like.

I don't care about the octave levels or equalizers or any of that plops; whatever sounds good, is good. All brands you've mentioned I'd say are good as I've tried half of them. Most music players (whether be Ipods or phones) already have preset equalizers that work pretty damn well, so that's not an issue.

Beats boost the bass way too much and require so much equalization to sound good that the price they claim to need is ridiculous. I'm not sure how you can call a product that is faulty and over priced good...

I would never buy beats because they are faulty and are insanely over-priced, but from what I've personally experienced from them they are good, just not nearly as good as they are advertised. Just because something may be likely to break and is overpriced doesn't take away from the quality they are when they are in their prime. I'm talking from a perspective with those factors aside. If I got a pair of beats for free I would definitely use them and not throw them away.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
My beats are working fine since the day i got them I couldn't recomend them higly enough the sound quality is second to none. If you're having problems take them back and swap them for a new pair.

Invader Vin

"Sound quality is second to none?" I wouldn't quite say that...while the Beats line of headphones are above average as far as sound goes, they are far from being the best. They are also tailored more for bass heavy music so you'll get a better experience from them listening to hip hop or electronic music but their flaws become apparent when listening to other genres. There are quite a few offerings from other manufacturers that are far superior though. Two things Beats headphones are notorious for are being way overpriced for what you get, and the shoddy quality of the product itself which is why so many have issues with them deteriorating or breaking. I used to work at an electronics retailer and the Beats headphones we had for demonstration purposes would always wear out multiple times or the cheap plastic they are made of would consistently break.

As others have suggested, make use of your warranty if possible but the best option would be to choose something else. I personally go for V-Moda's line of headphones. They don't have the best sound quality either but they are good for what they are meant for (electronic music) and are much better than Beats and you do get the kind of amazing sound quality you'd expect from a $300 pair of headphones. On top of that they aren't rubbish when it comes to construction, and are probably the most durable and well made headphones I've ever handled. Plus they look rather stylish in my opinion and strike a good balance between headphones that look good and sound good. Other manufacturers do make headphones which are more balanced towards other genres and thus may sound better but they look like fuddy-duddy grandpa cans to me.