Nightingale VS Shrouded Armor?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raybow

Kahjiit kills racist
I currently have the two, and it's hard to decide witch one to pick...I realy like the augmente Bow damage of the shrouded and fortify one-handed of the nightingale...(in order to get the 25 points armor bonus i must where full set). But for the look, it's defenitively Nightingale, cuz shrouded is just.....whell......makes my khajiit looks undernourished.( I LOVE the shrouded gloves, tho)

Clau

The Fateless One
I find myself constantly switching from my Ancient SA set and the Nightingale set. For raiding bandit fortresses, I go with the shrouded set. But on regular travel and skirmishes, I opt for the nightingale.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I'll be honest. I kind of avoided the matching set perk for situations like this. I personally wear Shrouded Gloves, Nightingale Armor, Krosis, and Nightingale Boots. I don't need the boots muffle effect because of perks, but I haven't got a good replacement yet.

thatwudbryan

yet another skyrim enthusiast
I'd have to say nightingale definitely looks the coolest but unless u rely heavily on illusion spells and 1handed shrouded is the way to go. Much like what you explained, I don't wear the shrouded gear solely for the fact that it makes my wood elf assassin look like a very, very pettite ballet dancer of some sort. Not very intimidating.

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
The Nightingale armor is the best looking armor in the game, but for me it has useless enchantments. The bow damage on the hand is only 20% whereas you can get 47% on enchanting. The shrouded armor makes my Breton look like a slimy lizard but the Backstab enchantment is good.

My advice, Smith your own gear and put your own enchantments, it is much better that way. Or if you like the looks of the Nightingale armor badly, get the mod from skyrimnexus which makes the armor unenchanted( I used it ):)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Necromis

Sorta already said, but for looks nightengale, for function ancient shrouded, actually.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
No enchantment can compare to double backstab damage.
Shrouded Armor wins hands down.

I wear peicemail, or mix/match sets (which eliminates the Matched Set bonus.) I'd rather get the Enchantments I want than 25% more AR anyway. So, I'll wear the Ancient Shrouded Cowl, or Linwe's hood (depending on which questline I'm running, the latter looks better) with the Gauntlets of the Old Gods for 45% more bow damage, or swap in the Ancient/Shrouded Gauntlets for backstabs. I generally only wear the Nightingale Hood with a Nightblade, for the Illusion enchantment, but then it's still usually paired with the Ancient Shrouded Gauntlets. (It doesn't really matter if your Armor doesn't match when you're invisible.)

I'm also a big fan of the Shrouded/Jester's/Cicero's clothes, though it's usually the Shrouded Hood, Jesters boots/Gloves, and either Ulfric's Stormcloak, or the Mourner's Dress, depending on my Avatar's gender. That's all about looking good as an outfit, though, and not draining my Stamina when I sprint. The Muffle, Backstab multiplier, and Fortify Sneak don't hurt, either, I usually hit the body with Fortify/Regenerate Stamina. Health isn't an issue, because I'm never detected, nor targeted, much less damaged.

zF_Reaper

I'd have to say nightingale definitely looks the coolest but unless u rely heavily on illusion spells and 1handed shrouded is the way to go. Much like what you explained, I don't wear the shrouded gear solely for the fact that it makes my wood elf assassin look like a very, very pettite ballet dancer of some sort. Not very intimidating.
Function>Form

Let's go through the individual pieces, shall we?

Head: Nightingale Hood wins on looks, but the Illusion bonus is only useful for Nightblades, or other builds that actually use it. (TBPH, 20% off Illusion isn't all that great if you have any Magicka Regeneration, because you can hold your Strike until you recover for the next Casting.) 2nd place probably goes to the Shrouded Hood, the 15% to Sneak is nice at lower level, and it's arguably the best looking hood in the game. The Ancient/Maskless/Shrouded Cowl is nice for Archers, but leaves a gap around the neck which I don't like. Linwe's Hood doesn't clash with either set, and is tied with the ASC for Enchantment.

Body: What do you want here? Again, the Nightingale Cape is kinda neat looking, the high collar matches up to the Shrouded Cowls better. Stamina is nice, Frost Resistance okay, I guess. Not a real high priority for someone who's main defence is never being seen. Poison Resistance is again, Okay, you will probably run into a lot of Dart Traps, but not what I would call lifesaving. The TG/GM's/Linwe's Armor is nice for Carry Capacity, and can look pretty good mixed, and matched with some of the other sets...

Gloves/Gauntlets: Shrouded, Hand Down. Double Backstab, or Fortify 1h that doesn't even work with Daggers!!? Tough call. The Jester's gloves match well with Robes, and other clothes, not to mention the boots.

Boots: Pick one. They all have Muffle, some have better Armor, depending on the Level you get the Nightingale set at, the Shrouded ones could be higher, but again, Armor is for when they see you before they die, your last ditch defence when everything else goes wrong. I pick the ones which match my outfit best, usually the Shrouded ones to go with the gloves.

Jaeger

Get the Ancient Knowledge perk for the 25% back. Unless you're already figuring that into the mix.

zF_Reaper

A
Let's go through the individual pieces, shall we?

Head: Nightingale Hood wins on looks, but the Illusion bonus is only useful for Nightblades, or other builds that actually use it. (TBPH, 20% off Illusion isn't all that great if you have any Magicka Regeneration, because you can hold your Strike until you recover for the next Casting.) 2nd place probably goes to the Shrouded Hood, the 15% to Sneak is nice at lower level, and it's arguably the best looking hood in the game. The Ancient/Maskless/Shrouded Cowl is nice for Archers, but leaves a gap around the neck which I don't like. Linwe's Hood doesn't clash with either set, and is tied with the ASC for Enchantment.

Body: What do you want here? Again, the Nightingale Cape is kinda neat looking, the high collar matches up to the Shrouded Cowls better. Stamina is nice, Frost Resistance okay, I guess. Not a real high priority for someone who's main defence is never being seen. Poison Resistance is again, Okay, you will probably run into a lot of Dart Traps, but not what I would call lifesaving. The TG/GM's/Linwe's Armor is nice for Carry Capacity, and can look pretty good mixed, and matched with some of the other sets...

Gloves/Gauntlets: Shrouded, Hand Down. Double Backstab, or Fortify 1h that doesn't even work with Daggers!!? Tough call. The Jester's gloves match well with Robes, and other clothes, not to mention the boots.

Boots: Pick one. They all have Muffle, some have better Armor, depending on the Level you get the Nightingale set at, the Shrouded ones could be higher, but again, Armor is for when they see you before they die, your last ditch defence when everything else goes wrong. I pick the ones which match my outfit best, usually the Shrouded ones to go with the gloves.
I agree with most of this. But lets not forget, people, Shrouded (regular) is easier and quicker to get than Nightingale and it being better function wise just makes it that much better. And no matter which mix and match you use, go for the Shrouded gloves, that's my favorite piece in the set, plus they look amazing if you are going for looks.

Two Bears

Nightingale Armor causes my 3rd person view to studder for some reason, so I go with Ancient Shrouded armor. Besides, as mentioned above, double sneak attack is awesome.

zF_Reaper

Nightingale Armor causes my 3rd person view to studder for some reason, so I go with Ancient Shrouded armor. Besides, as mentioned above, double sneak attack is awesome.
Yes, yes indeed, and I found that Shrouded armor looks best on Dunmer with weight set on the lowest. This being because of how tight it is on the skin. Same goes with Nightingale.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts