• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Disappointed with the Nightingale Armor?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Titanburner

Premium Member
Is it just me or does everyone else think the added effects of Nightingale Armor really arn't that good? (As say vs DB set or Thieves Guild set). Don't get me wrong it looks AMAZING, but I was pretty disappointed when I saw the bonuses.

It is made up of the following pieces:
  • Nightingale Armor - +15-40 Stamina and 15-50% Frost Resistance.
  • Nightingale Hood - 12-17% Illusion Spell Cost Reduction
  • Nightingale Boots - Wearer is muffled and moves silently.
  • Nightingale Gloves - Lockpicking is 15-25% easier and 15-25% One-Handed Damage Increase

Kasha

I keep the boots and gloves, but i wear ebony armor chest, and moioki mask. The nightingale armor is like a beautiful woman, sexy on the outside, but she stuffs her bra with tissue.

Titanburner

Premium Member
I keep the boots and gloves, but i wear ebony armor chest, and moioki mask. The nightingale armor is like a beautiful woman, sexy on the outside, but she stuffs her bra with tissue.
But are you a assassin/sneak type character? I can't see dropping 30x sneak attack damage from the DB gloves to be better at lockpicking and one handed damage.. If you arn't then that makes sense.

*This armor model SHOULD have been the one for the Dark Brotherhood*

NoVa

Bossmer
But are you a assassin/sneak type character? I can't see dropping 30x sneak attack damage from the DB gloves to be better at lockpicking and one handed damage.. If you arn't then that makes sense.

*This armor model SHOULD have been the one for the Dark Brotherhood*
I think the Dark Brotherhood Armor in Skyrim already does justice to the fashion sense of the followers of Sithis. If you played Morrowind and Oblivion, the shrouded armor in Skyrim more or less follows the same principles its predecessors laid down. The difference between Nightingale and DB armor is that Nightingale armor is made for thieves while DB is made for assassins. If you don't like the bonuses Nightingale gives for your assassin/sneak character.. then use the armor made for assassins. If you don't have the "matching set" perk for light armor then mix/matching the pieces you find useful shouldn't hinder you in any way. Personally I love nightingale armor for my sneak character. The +25% for one hand comes in useful for dual wielding and the frost resistance is super useful for negating some of the most annoying type of elemental damage.

Reladin

I love the way the armor was designed visually but I think some of the enchantments could have been different to better suit the style of player that would actually use it as their actual armor. The hood and boots are what I would keep as it suits my style of play. The rest can be replaced with something else, but I lose that full Nightingale look!

Skarv

In the questline before you get the armor, you see the 3 blocks of rock. Instead of making Nightingales Nightblades automatically, why not make 1 stone for Illusion and dagger/bow, the other for no magic Assassin, and the 3rd for a Illusion and Destruction, I would love that!

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I feel like most of the enchantments on unique armor suck. If I could enchant my own set of Thieves Guild armor, I would never take it off.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I think the Archmage Robes are the only decent unique armour, I've never found anything that I could replace them with

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts