• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JClarke1953

Well, even though I'm unsure of anything in the future as far as Skyrim and newer consoles,code changing and whatnot. I am really on the fence about re-purchasing a game that was abandoned by the very organization (I use that word lightly, no organization there!) that made it.

Especially since there's little to no chance that they'll improve or fix some, if not all of the major problems within the game.

??? Don't know what to think of this. I saw the Madman again on Solstheim. And got a repeat quest for the Black Book in Benkongerike. "Sigh"! I know I've already done it, as I have the Book of Untold Legends, guess I'll see how far I have to revert to a save and kill the idiot.

Thank you again Bethesda!

So does this mean game progress Skyrim can't be transferred via an external drive?

But, as long as what I have keeps working, guess it's something I don't need to worry about, yet. Lost the dang "license" anyhow on mine.

Don't listen to them.... Xbox One saves WILL be backwards compatible almost no doubt about it. PS4 probably not. The Xbox 360 and Xbox One are so much like PC's that everything is extremely alike to a PC (Code-wise). Did you know TU's and DLC's are just esp's and esm's (plugin folders) packed into a LIVE container? Likewise, saves are just PC saves packed into another container, which can be extracted using Horizon. Then once you manage to get an Xbox One save (might be a bit troublesome since the Xbox One doesn't currently support flash drives.) and then swap the savegame.dat's and boom, it works. They won't OFFICIALLY be backwards compatible, but they WILL port. You just have to know how to do it.

Of course, I would much rather prefer that they work on new games (FALLOUT 4) instead of crappy ports. If I don't get Fallout 4 soon or another hoax comes up I'm gonna lose it

RockBoyEmy

Anyway, I remember reading somewhere that Bethesda officialy replied to the rumors about skyrim being re-selled for ps4, saying that such thing won't happen :/

Sent from my cool N4 powered by PA 4.0 and FK

JClarke1953

I seriously doubt they could do it if they wanted to anyway. They fouled up, and neglected so much of the game already, I'd be afraid they'd ruin it even more.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
As far as SONY is concerned, Skyrim will be released as a digital only download (no disk). It should be out late 2014 or early 2015. In the meantime we have ESO to be released by end of March!

As far as SONY is concerned, Skyrim will be released as a digital only download (no disk). It should be out late 2014 or early 2015. In the meantime we have ESO to be released by end of March!

I think this is because of the streaming service that allows you to stream games to your console while the hardware at Sony's HQ does all the processing and reading. I may be wrong though, but I don't think Sony themselves would be able to legally release a PS4 optimized version without at least Bethesda's agreement.
Honestly I don't care for ESO I want Fallout 4 :p

Daelon DuLac

I think this is because of the streaming service that allows you to stream games to your console while the hardware at Sony's HQ does all the processing and reading. I may be wrong though, but I don't think Sony themselves would be able to legally release a PS4 optimized version without at least Bethesda's agreement.
Honestly I don't care for ESO I want Fallout 4 :p
Nope. They are in negotiations with Bethesda on this which is holding up release of some other Bethesda past names as well. My friend Joshua says that it shouldn't be a huge issue for Skyrim or the other TES games to be released digitally for streaming to PS4 as there will be agreements in place to release digitally within the year. The are building on the licenses they have to distribute the DLCs on PS3 but not the game itself digitally. Apparently it's very confusing. No doubt.

Nope. They are in negotiations with Bethesda on this which is holding up release of some other Bethesda past names as well. My friend Joshua says that it shouldn't be a huge issue for Skyrim or the other TES games to be released digitally for streaming to PS4 as there will be agreements in place to release digitally within the year. The are building on the licenses they have to distribute the DLCs on PS3 but not the game itself digitally. Apparently it's very confusing. No doubt.

That's what I meant, this "PS4 Version" is likely just being run on a PS3 via the streaming service and streamed to your console. They're doing this with all PS3 games I believe, or at least the hugely popular titles. The licenses are probably in place of physically downloading the DLC, since the game itself isn't on your console, the DLC won't either, it's PS3 code, the PS4 can't make heads or tails of it. It's likely a small file that tells the streaming service "This console has access to: Dawnguard = Yes Dragonborn = No Hearthfire = Yes" or something similar. Once it checks the access it has been granted it loads them onto the PS3 the game is streaming from.

Daelon DuLac

That's what I meant, this "PS4 Version" is likely just being run on a PS3 via the streaming service and streamed to your console. They're doing this with all PS3 games I believe, or at least the hugely popular titles. The licenses are probably in place of physically downloading the DLC, since the game itself isn't on your console, the DLC won't either, it's PS3 code, the PS4 can't make heads or tails of it. It's likely a small file that tells the streaming service "This console has access to: Dawnguard = Yes Dragonborn = No Hearthfire = Yes" or something similar. Once it checks the access it has been granted it loads them onto the PS3 the game is streaming from.
Absolutely right. The rub seems to be that Skyrim has not been released for digital download to SONY by Bethesda. Thus you need to buy the disk for the game but you can get the DLCs digitally (of course, that's why the "D" stands for anyway :))

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts