• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
When the Ps4 or Xbox 1 come out, do you think we'll be able to transfer skyrim data from our ps3/xbox 360 to our new ps4/xbox 1? because i want a next gen, but i also want to keep skyrim, and the all dlc's i downloaded, i do have a ps3 so another quick question, if we can what i said above, do you think the game on ps3 will experience lag as badly as it is now?

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
The next gen consoles aren't backwards compatible.. So I don't think that's possible..

Sean

lost somewhere
Zero backwards compatibility between both consoles, and that includes digital and physical purchases.

Ritterkreuz

Just wait another 4 years or so and you'll be able to play TES 6 on the PS 4 or XBox 1.

Ritterkreuz

..And of course there is TES online that will be available on both the Xbox One and the PS4

Online gaming....*shudder*

Sean

lost somewhere
..And of course there is TES online that will be available on both the Xbox One and the PS4

TES Online doesn't look that good to me, and MMOs always seem to devalue any plot, as a lot of people before you have already done it, yet nothing is every any different.

Ritterkreuz

TES Online doesn't look that good to me, and MMOs always seem to devalue any plot, as a lot of people before you have already done it, yet nothing is every any different.

Not to mention the jerks that just love to kill off other people's characters.

Ritterkreuz

Yup I don't pvp when I play wow. I hope there'll be an option not to, I enjoy the content and immersion more than fighting other players.

Exactly, the TES games have always provided the best of two words, the immersion of an MMO with the ability to actually enjoy the game without being harassed. I guess it was only a mater of time before someone messed this formula up.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
According to my friends at SONY, about 97% of current games (going all the way back to PS2) will be available for download and playability on the PS4. Per his listing, Skyrim and it's DLCs are included. You will, of course have to pay for the upload and will not be able to import your prior data (different operating system matrixes). Basically, you'll have to buy it again. On the plus side, we'll still be able to play Skyrim, just not as any of our existing characters. We will have to start from square one again. On the plus side, TES Online will be available on PS4.

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
According to my friends at SONY, about 97% of current games (going all the way back to PS2) will be available for download and playability on the PS4. Per his listing, Skyrim and it's DLCs are included. You will, of course have to pay for the upload and will not be able to import your prior data (different operating system matrixes). Basically, you'll have to buy it again. On the plus side, we'll still be able to play Skyrim, just not as any of our existing characters. We will have to start from square one again. On the plus side, TES Online will be available on PS4.

Does this mean that our DLC will not be connected to our PS accounts? When I got my new ps3, I was able to re-download the online code for Battlefield without having to re-purchase it. Will our DLC be similar?

Daelon DuLac

Does this mean that our DLC will not be connected to our PS accounts? When I got my new ps3, I was able to re-download the online code for Battlefield without having to re-purchase it. Will our DLC be similar?
According to my friend, the Skyrim upload for the PS4 will be similar to the Legendary Version available now with the DLCs already integrated in to the upload from the Playstation Network. You will need to repurchase the entire thing at the going price on the network in order to have it available on your PS4. You're PS3 purchase will only be valid on your PS3. Pricing has not yet been set, however, he indicated that older games (non PS4 exclusive) will be at a sliding discount scale depending on age, popularity, etc... with them generally starting at about 50% of new game prices.

Sean

lost somewhere
According to my friend, the Skyrim upload for the PS4 will be similar to the Legendary Version available now with the DLCs already integrated in to the upload from the Playstation Network. You will need to repurchase the entire thing at the going price on the network in order to have it available on your PS4. You're PS3 purchase will only be valid on your PS3. Pricing has not yet been set, however, he indicated that older games (non PS4 exclusive) will be at a sliding discount scale depending on age, popularity, etc... with them generally starting at about 50% of new game prices.

Sony's using their purchased GaiKai service to stream old games to the PS4, but you would have to pay for them again, and even then you wouldn't be able to play them offline (because it's a streaming service).

Daelon DuLac

Sony's using their purchased GaiKai service to stream old games to the PS4, but you would have to pay for them again, and even then you wouldn't be able to play them offline (because it's a streaming service).
Not something I even considered. Very good. Thank you!

Sean

lost somewhere
Also, with Sony buying GaiKai, that means they will control who gets to use it (like Apple buying Siri, so only they could use it).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts