New to the modding world, any advice?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you think mods are a good think to use in Skyrim?

• No, I hate them and we should burn them on a fire!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not really sure....

• There's an elephant in the corner staring at me... O_O

• Total voters

Why-So-Serious?

It's a revolution... I suppose.
So I know a lot of people have it in for PC users, but for a while now I have felt as if I am not getting all I could be out of Skyrim. I just didn't get the same buzz when I created a new character and I have ended up leaving the game for months at a time because of this. I decided that I would save up for a new laptop and buy Skyrim for it so that I could mod it with things that made me excited to play.

I have brought my new laptop now! So far I have installed the game and (through a lot of effort) managed to install 3 mods onto it so that I could try out creating an RP character of mine. So far it has gone well. The new face texture, hair pack, and eye pack mods that I have downloaded are making my character look great so far! Obviously he's not perfect so I am going to keep looking for mods until that can get him even closer to how I have envisioned him.

Back to the point, I need some help from people on these forums and advice as to what I can do to improve my gameplay. Below I'm just going to post my character backstory so you have a rough idea of what kind of person he is. Don't feel that you have to read it all.

Name: Oriton (O-rye-ton)

Race: Imperial - Vampire

Appearance:
images
images

Oriton's hair is a murky blonde colour with a rough anime look to it. The second picture shows the style the best. The first a second picture show what his armour looks like, but the first shows what his swords look like. The second picture depicts him the best.

Personality: Oriton is quite shy when it comes to talking with others and when he does speak it is usually quite short lived. He doesn't like to open up to people often and the fact that he is a vampire is his most well kept secret. Orition hates the fact that he is a Vampire and doesn't want anyone to know. Sometimes he will kill to defend his secret. He is far from your typical Vampire. He feeds on animal blood (and even then does not kill the animal) although this makes him weaker than he would be if he fed on human blood. He has learnt to cope with the light through forcing himself outside during the early days of becoming a vampire and eats as a normal person would although it is not necessary. Oriton isn't sly, evil, or extremely wise like most other Vampires, it is in his greatest interest to act like a normal person.

Aside from this, Orition is a very loyal person and as well as guarding his secret, will defend his leader at the time with his life. He is usually popular among people he follows because of this despite his quiet personality.

Skills/class: Oriton is a duel-wield warrior who uses Samurai-like swords in battle. (Like the sword in the first picture.) He is stealthy but also honourable. He prefers that his enemies know he is there so they have a fair duel. He has not skill in magic of any kind but does not shun those who use it like most non-magic users. As well as this he does not posses any skill with the bow. He takes immense pride in his weapons as they were given to him by his farther. (how cliché) and have the word 'Honour' inscribed into the side of each.

Backstory: Oriton was raised in Cyrodil by his father alone as his mother died in labour. His father was a masterful swords-man but practised in a different way to most people who believed in simply charging into battle and hoping to deal more damage than they took. Orition's father believed that you must be honourable in battle and outmanoeuvre your opponent. He was trained since a young age and on his sixteenth birthday, when he had mastered his fathers teaching, was given his Samurai swordsby his father. His Father also gave him one hundred septims, a satchel and three books, telling him to explore the world. Orition left his home after saying goodbye to his family and friends and headed straight to Skyrim after hearing that it was a very troubled country. This interested him... Soon after arriving he was attacked by a group of Vampire fledglings that he managed to fend of and kill, but at the cost of his mortality.

----------------------------------------------

So that's the basic concept for my character. I really need some advice on what mods I can use that would fit this character! In the future I plan to create my own mod including a sanctuary for passive Vampires and some interesting quests related to that, but I just want to experience the game without having to make my own mods first.

These mods don't just have to be ones that relate to his character, just any cool mods that you think I should try out. I like to immerse myself into Skyrim so things such as 'larger city mods' and added things into the world would be really great.

Thanks to anyone who has read all of this and is willing to help me!

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Mods make the game 100x better and 100x prettier. ( My opinion ) :D

This and they also get rid of bugs and glitches. (Unofficial Patches & such)