New To Skyrim - The best way to start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The only thing with followers - and I learned this the hard way - is keeping them healed. Sounds like you're not playing a mage so I would suggest for every few healing potions you make or receive, give a few to your follower. Also be sure to take advantage of their unlimited carry weight. Command them to pick up stuff and no more worries about carry weight limits. Just a few things I wish I had known when I first started out. :) I can't even begin to tell ya how much valuable loot I had to leave behind because of this.
Also if you find an enchanted item and can't use the enchantment, disenchant it. And if you find some armor you can't wear or don't want, give it to your follower, makes em tougher. Same goes for weapons.
As for where to start, I would suggest getting Bleak Falls Barrow out of the way and then just exploring. Oh and Google Anise's Cabin - it makes a great starter home.
That's how I start my new characters. :) Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
If you need quick cash early on I suggest joining the Companions in Whiterun. One of the first missions they send you on will be into a crypt that tends to have tons of coins for a low level dungeon. I remember playing through it at level 2( I think I was level 4 by the time I actually made it out) and I found 2000 in just raw gold coins before selling any loot. Also if you find a book called "Transmute Mineral Ore". That's a fairly rare spell book with a really useful spell for making money off of. It's more profitable to learn the spell than to sell the book.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts