New to Skyrim, quick question...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RGKID144

So ive been playing for about 4 hours about. this is my first voyage into the RPG world. Pretty baller. Newho, I'm playing orc, and Im starting to pile up the heavy armor, and it gets weighty, where do I buy a house or get a house? I just got to the jarl in Whiterun I believe......i could be wrng on the town....any help would be awesome....THANKS!

Klasie

Stormcloak Assassin
First off!! Welcome to the amazing world of Skyrim!!

Now...Make sure ythat you are in Whiterun, if not, then go to Whiterun!! Then do a few quest for the jarl, Go talk to him, he will give you stuff to do. After 4-5 quests he will tell you that you can speak to someone (forgot the name) about buying a house in Whiterun which will cost you 5000 Gold.

Let me know if you need more help!

Deeley

You could either do the Jarl's quests to be able to buy a house, or what I did was the quest in Morthal (sp?) for the abandoned house, and that's the one I use. Free, doesn't look too bad when it's tidied up, and plenty of barrels/chests to store your stuff. Depends whether you're after aesthetics or not :p

RGKID144

You could either do the Jarl's quests to be able to buy a house, or what I did was the quest in Morthal (sp?) for the abandoned house, and that's the one I use. Free, doesn't look too bad when it's tidied up, and plenty of barrels/chests to store your stuff. Depends whether you're after aesthetics or not :p
Sweeeet.. Thanks alot dudes.... Now i just gotta get thru work today... Then im home to buy my house lol

Prince Boromirr

Dragon Slayer
To get a house you have to be appointed a Thane of WhiteRun or another city first by the Jarl ( by doing some quests ) then you can go to the bald headed guy that stands next to the left of the king ( jarl ) in WhiteRun and ask him to buy a house for ( 5000 gold ). But if you get married your spouse will have a house already for you to move into for you to save your stuff and you wont have to spend any of your gold, that 's what I did in WhiteRun I married Ysolda and she had a house already.

RGKID144

Go to Whiterun and report to Jarl. and then he wil give you a mission.
but if you want you dont have to follow the quest line.
Ok. Awesome thanks for the help everyone. also, one more quick question.....Im running an orc character, and on my very first level up, I went with magicka instead of stamina or health, but after that I realized im really not gonna focus on magic. Will the level up in magicka affect the outcome of my guy ? May sound liek a silly question, btu again ive never played an rpg, and not really sure how important that first level up is to the progress of ur character. Thanks again.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Ok. Awesome thanks for the help everyone. also, one more quick question.....Im running an orc character, and on my very first level up, I went with magicka instead of stamina or health, but after that I realized im really not gonna focus on magic. Will the level up in magicka affect the outcome of my guy ? May sound liek a silly question, btu again ive never played an rpg, and not really sure how important that first level up is to the progress of ur character. Thanks again.
Nah, just wasted 10 points of mag/hlth/stam (which is a drop in the bucket by the end of the game) so don't even think about it, it is insignificant. :)

RGKID144

Ok. Sweet. So do your level up points increase in value as you increase in level? for example, the first level up is 10 pts, is the 10th level up worth significantly more?

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Ok. Sweet. So do your level up points increase in value as you increase in level? for example, the first level up is 10 pts, is the 10th level up worth significantly more?
No, they are all 10, but obviously they stack upon themselves, so by level 77, I'll have 760 points alloted, not 10. I got everything to 300, then started focusing on health, personally.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts