Spoiler New to enchanting, noob question

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

spoolx

So I am new to enchanting and have a noob question, from my understanding you cannot enchant magical items, I wanted to add soul steal to my nightingale bow but I dont think thats possible... right?

Also I keep hearing about legendary nightingale armor, but have no clue where you get it? I love the armor and never plan to change it, anybody care to explain how to make it legendary?

Thank you!

Zedsded

ok, firstly now, you cant enchant an item thats already enchanted...what you have to do is learn an enchantment by disenchanting an already enchanted item, so that you then have that technique available to you...it breaks the item so dont do it on your bow if you like it. With master enchanting you can add multiple enchamtmentsto an item, but as ever, only at the point of first enchanting, not after.

You get nightingale armour and make it legendary on the workbench at a blacksmiths with high enough smithing level

Titanburner

Premium Member
So I am new to enchanting and have a noob question, from my understanding you cannot enchant magical items, I wanted to add soul steal to my nightingale bow but I dont think thats possible... right?

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/the-ultimate-enchanting-guide.2100/#post-21671 Hope this helps.

Also I keep hearing about legendary nightingale armor, but have no clue where you get it? I love the armor and never plan to change it, anybody care to explain how to make it legendary?

Thank you!

Thieves Guild questline.

Metallipath

Premium Member
Just like what has already been mentioned. To get Legendary armour you need a high smithing level, I'm pretty sure you need 100 smithing unless you use a blacksmiths elixir to boost upgrade %ages. Then just use the workbenches you find all over the world to upgrade the armour. =)

renswic

Just like what has already been mentioned. To get Legendary armour you need a high smithing level, I'm pretty sure you need 100 smithing unless you use a blacksmiths elixir to boost upgrade %ages. Then just use the workbenches you find all over the world to upgrade the armour. =)

Ya you will need 100 and then some. I got mine to Legendary with +50%. +35% potions, a +22% neckless and the notched axe on top of 100 smithing.

brandon

Ya you will need 100 and then some. I got mine to Legendary with +50%. +35% potions, a +22% neckless and the notched axe on top of 100 smithing.
really i didnt even start enchanting till after i got my smithing to 100. and i didnt even know there were potions to help. but youll still need the perk to upgrade it.

renswic

really i didnt even start enchanting till after i got my smithing to 100. and i didnt even know there were potions to help. but youll still need the perk to upgrade it.

There are a ton of potions and items that help out. Depending on how you built your toon it really does not matter past Epic on the NG armor(it didn't make any difference with my toon, but it helped my OCD out alot :p)

brandon

Also remember that improving nightingale requires atypical ingredient. You need a single void salt for each piece. You can find void salts on the remains of storm atronachs or at an herbalist.
ah cool im currently doing the theives guild quest and just learned about the nightingales. now that is some kind of ebony mail and its light armor right?

brandon

Stone

Retired Moderator

spoolx

Thanks for the help guys, so basically I just need the smithing skill, I didn't want to invest in any perks if possible

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts