New player question about Steam

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

canada-z

Completely new to this platform to play Skyrim --- so thanks in advance for not laughing at my lack of knowledge and hello to you all --- is there a way to load this game without loading Steam? What's the point of Steam? My install booklet says to load the .exe but I can't find it or load it without the on-line program. I'm playing on a PC. Thanks for any help.

Deadricx

Welcome to Skyrim forums. First of all Steam is great thing, u got all of your games on 1 account and u can acess them from any PC and is super to have if u lost everything , u get hacked or simply your PC burns out :D

U can go offline and load game from shortcut.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Welcome, canada-z!

You need to use Steam when you first install the game so you can register it properly. Steam will also keep track of patches and downloads and so forth. Once you get everything installed, however, you don't have to be connected to play. If you've gotten everything installed, use your Windows explorer to navigate through whatever folder you installed to and you'll find a standard .exe file.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts