Spoiler New Member/non armored concept

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tat2teel

Hey all, first time poster on these forums. Joined because I've read some of these threads before and really enjoyed the amount of feedback people give, and the friendliness I see on here.

Onto my idea then. I have been building a character who does not wear armor, and is an avid werewolf hunter. I want both my wolf/human forms to be useful on Adept (My preferred difficulty) Hence taking Flesh spells in Alteration. I was curious if I reach 0 casting cost in Restoration would Wards be viable for the Armor boost, or would I stagger too often?

Currently I have 85% Magic Resistance with my Breton, and can get 350 Armor Rating without armor, using the Lord Stone, and Ebony Flesh with 3/3 Mage Armor Perks taken. Armor Rating can reach 430 using Wards hypothetically.

Golgo_SPB

well you can always test that ward idea out. there's some clothing and shields that add armor but dont interfere with mage armor perk

RoG Delta

Yeah get some fine clothes a circlet a necklace and a ring, and if you have enchanting 100 with 5/5 enchanter and insightful enchanter, you can have free alteration.

tat2teel

Thanks for the replies people. I didn't know that about Shields since this is my first time messing with Mage Armor Perk, but that opens up a variety of options. Also which clothes add AR?

Golgo_SPB

Diadem of the Savant, Amulet of Articulation, and Fine Armguards. the Diadem helps out mages since its like a mini archmage robes for your head. Fine Armguards say they're light armor but they don't count against the mage armor perk.

There's also 8 versions of the Amulet of Articulation and you only get one but what version you get is random so it's best to save before it's rewarded to you and try to get the best version.

Also the perk Ward Absorb counts towards the ward created by the shield Spellbreaker.

tat2teel

Thats good stuff, I forgot about the Amulet, since I havent played through the Thieves Guild in a while lol. The Diadem I didn't even think about, and the Armguards are worth looking into even if the AR is minimal

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts