New 1.9 patch for console review/testing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
My ethernet is unplugged from my PS3. Mainly, I do connect it when I want to watch Netflix but when I found out about this new patch, I decided to unplugged it. Now, here is my question to those only, who have experienced what I am going to ask : - If I take Skyrim disc off the console and plug the console back to the Internet, I guess the patch is going to download so the next time I put the disc on, I will be prompted to download the patch ... YES or NO ? If the answer is YES, then I am f .. d, and this bring me to the next question : - If I am prompted to download it, do I have the option NOT TO accept the download or it is must do-thing-and-unavoidable ? If the answer is YES, then I am double f .. d, and then I will have to send Bethesda a message but I will not tell you what it is till I listen what you have to say about my questions ...lol.. :mad:

There are 2 ways you can download Patch 1.90 for PS3. First when you start the game an update screen will appear saying that Update 1.90 is ready to be downloaded. It isn't mandatory. You can just press the circle button to cancel & play the game. Second is only if you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber & you have Automatic Update turned ON. Then it will automatically download the patch. Even still the update shouldn't install until you are on the install bubble & press X in the Game Collum on your XMB.

Adam Warlock

Can you use the fortify restoration glitch with alchemy to power level very quickly and get all the perk points? If I remember correctly, the value of your potion is what gives you your experience, and with fortify restoration you can make potions worth hundreds of thousands.

Anyone able to verify this as an ultra-fast way to get maximum legendary with all perk points?

not much challenge but yes i suppose you could make $ 1,000,000 potions if u wanted to

removal of the Oghma Infinium glitch doesn`t prevent it

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Can you use the fortify restoration glitch with alchemy to power level very quickly and get all the perk points? If I remember correctly, the value of your potion is what gives you your experience, and with fortify restoration you can make potions worth hundreds of thousands.

Anyone able to verify this as an ultra-fast way to get maximum legendary with all perk points?

haven't tested it yet, but im pretty certain many ppl have confirmed that this glitch still works. While this is an easy way to level fast, keep in mind leveling uber fast with alchemy will leave your other skills meek, thus making any adventures not on novice mode impossibley difficult. so try to level your other skills a lot too before you do this huge loop.

Sarcron

I'm already level 81 on all 3 of my accounts, so equal leveling shouldn't be a problem. As long as, from what I understand, you just reset alchemy and then make a bunch of expensive potions?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.

I made another thread all about the restoration/Alchemy glitch I went from level 87 to level 115 in about 25 mins , so yea u can defo do that and its by far the fastest way I have heard to power level, only thing u need is alot of ingrediants thank god I had tons stored away for this new patch :)

Shadow King

I'm already level 81 on all 3 of my accounts, so equal leveling shouldn't be a problem. As long as, from what I understand, you just reset alchemy and then make a bunch of expensive potions?

If ure level 81 then ure totally fine as all ure skills will be maxd out u just keep reseting alchemy over and over, Its only really good for level 81 anyways because even though it is much much faster to level than what the Oghma was the Oghma let u do all skills so its great u got 3 builds at 81 to play around with so u wont be a high level with low skills in other areas thats what would happen to players who make new builds and used this method quickly.

haven't tested it yet, but im pretty certain many ppl have confirmed that this glitch still works. While this is an easy way to level fast, keep in mind leveling uber fast with alchemy will leave your other skills meek, thus making any adventures not on novice mode impossibley difficult. so try to level your other skills a lot too before you do this huge loop.

Can't say for sure on all versions. But I have the patch on PS3. And the Oghma Infinium glitch no longer works :sadface:

Adam Warlock

^ Special thanks to the Salmon Roe obtained via the Fish Hatchery at Winstad Manor.

Kill the Salmon with Unrelenting Force !

Incredible skill gains by using Salmon Roe to make Waterbreathing potions .

Can be over $10,000 value per each potion if created at higher skill levels !

I was at level 81 at the time of the patch.
Leveling Alchemy repeatedly was easy since I had a vast assortment of ingredients and peerless level Alchemy gear to wear.
But I also cleared other trees for underused perks from 2h and heavy armor and retrained in those as well .
It had been quite a while since I had been swinging a warhammer around but the change was refreshing.

imho there are many many USELESS perks.

Over the course of 4 days I`ve reached level 167 and just quit at that point because there are no remaining perks I care about for this character(2 perks still not used).

All skills back to 100 again but no perks needed or used in Speech , Heavy Armor , 2h and many other trees are only partly filled.

realistically , if you`ve got 1000+ health , 600+ magicka, and 400+ stamina , you could play the game both NAKED and PERkLESS.

Godhood isn`t all it`s cut out to be

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I was level 81 before 1.9 update and now my Alchemy is Legendary 23 !

LOVE IT !

Let me understand this please, are you being sarcastic or not ? If you are happy, can you explain to me what is the real benefit to be LEGENDARY in Alchemy ? Can you make a nuclear bomb with your potions ? Oooppsss ,,, I said bomb ... hope the FBI don’t add me to the list : most wanted ..... lol ... :)

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
I was at level 81 at the time of the patch.
Leveling Alchemy repeatedly was easy since I had a vast assortment of ingredients and peerless level Alchemy gear to wear.
But I also cleared other trees for underused perks from 2h and heavy armor and retrained in those as well .
It had been quite a while since I had been swinging a warhammer around but the change was refreshing.

imho there are many many USELESS perks.

Over the course of 4 days I`ve reached level 167 and just quit at that point because there are no remaining perks I care about for this character(2 perks still not used).

All skills back to 100 again but no perks needed or used in Speech , Heavy Armor , 2h and many other trees are only partly filled.

realistically , if you`ve got 1000+ health , 600+ magicka, and 400+ stamina , you could play the game both NAKED and PERkLESS.

Godhood isn`t all it`s cut out to be

Legendary mode? excuse me? a draugr deathlord one hit me with an arrow and I had the ARMOR CAP. PLUS 600 HEALTH.

Adam Warlock

Legendary mode? excuse me? a draugr deathlord one hit me with an arrow and I had the ARMOR CAP. PLUS 600 HEALTH.
I quite agree that the new Legendary difficulty setting still provides plenty of challenge for higher level players.
IF i were to play naked and perkless , the strategy would be to avoid hits from uber-strong foes .

Bone Of The Foz

BY THE EIGHT! WHAT IN OBLIVION IS THAT!?!
Hopefully the capabilities of the next gen consoles will make it easier for Bethesda in terms of console power & ease of development

In relation to next gen consoles, i read a lengthy article on another page yesterday, heres what ive found out,

Next gen Xbox (infinity, 720..?)

Xbox WILL have D.R.M (Developer Rights Management) meaning you WILL NOT be able to buy traded games, PS4 Is also rumoured to incorperate this technology

Xbox Graphics Processors will have less power than current 360 GPU's
Xbox Is going to be fully Kinnect Compliant from launch, (£450+ RRP on Launch)
90% Of New Xbox Games Will Be Souly Kinnect Controlled (Console will have pad, but it is being "phased out")
(Major Rumor) Microsoft will stop Release's of Games For x360 When New Console Sell's 1,000,000 unit's....
Xbox Live User's WILL NOT Be able to transfer Current Gamer Profiles to new console, Or Licence Transfer...
Xbox Live Monthly/Yearly Prices expected to be nearly doubled on new console (£70+ Per Year)
Xbox MUST HAVE SUSSTAINED INTERNET CONNECTION (in other words cannot switch it off at all)
Xbox expected to havce Blu-Ray Compatibility, not confirmed as yet
Xbox Will be released in May '13
All Future Call Of Duty Titles will have season pass's, (like Fifa, paying to play it online, ontop of live costs) - PS4 also
Another strong rumour is that most titles for new consoles will be Download Only, stopping Trade - in's completely
All New Consoles will have 4G Compatibilities (Strong Rumours, not confirmed)
Xbox Compliant "Modded Pad's" i.e Dropshot pads, Jitter pads, Lag switch's, auto - aim pads etc are to be banned completely - with the promis of ban's and lifetime exclutitions from xbox live (confirmed)
anyone attempting to mod, J-tag, or use's modds on next gen consoles, will be banned, and consoles shut down

SO IN SUMMARY NEXT GEN CONSOLES ARE GOING TO TOTALLY DESTROY THE GAMING INDUSTRY......
NOT EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 5 WANTS TO DANCE AROUND THEYRE LIVING ROOM JUST TO MAKE THEYRE CONSOLE LOAD A DAMNED GAME,

ALL HAIL CURRENT GENERATION CONSOLES, XBOX 360/PS3 THE LAST TRUE GAMES CONSOLES BEFORE CONSOLE GAMING BECOMES A PRESCHOOL PARADISE.

R.I.P THE GREATEST PIECE'S OF GAMING TECHNOLOGY - THE MICROSOFT XBOX 360 & THE SONY PLAYSTATION 3

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
I quite agree that the new Legendary difficulty setting still provides plenty of challenge for higher level players.
IF i were to play naked and perkless , the strategy would be to avoid hits from uber-strong foes .
more like avoid getting hit at all XDDD

Adam Warlock

Let me understand this please, are you being sarcastic or not ? If you are happy, can you explain to me what is the real benefit to be LEGENDARY in Alchemy ? Can you make a nuclear bomb with your potions ? Oooppsss ,,, I said bomb ... hope the FBI don’t add me to the list : most wanted ..... lol ... :)
Each time I reached 100 skill , resetting Alchemy to the next Legendary number allowed faster overall advances toward my total level and ultimately extra perks and better basic stats
Most all the potions I made(at least up to skill 90) were sold(or outright given) to my vendor spouse to level up Speech (Legendary 8).
I did the same with Smithing(Legendary 4) but ran out of materials much faster.

Those top level potions which were retained may be among this list: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Useful_Potions.

It certainly helped me to have 100 enchanting skill , the relevant perks , and Ahzidal`s Genius effect as well as the black book Secret of Sorcery buff when I was enchanting my Fortify Alchemy gear.

Chadonraz

Hey, has anyone by any chance tested if the glitch with bounties in the Pale is fixed? I like doing bounties, but don't want a misc objective "Collect bounty from Brina Merilis" that won't go away when I collect the bounty. :)

Edit: Tested this myself, and... it WORKS. Yay! :D

My game crashes like it always does.

I'm starting to wonder if its the Xbox and not Skyrim..

Chadonraz

The patch gifted me a new type of crash: total freezing completely out of the blue. Before 1.9 the picture always froze before the sounds stopped. Luckily this new type doesn't require plugging off the console; I can simply turn it off and then back on. (360)

Shadow King

In relation to next gen consoles, i read a lengthy article on another page yesterday, heres what ive found out,

Next gen Xbox (infinity, 720..?)

Xbox WILL have D.R.M (Developer Rights Management) meaning you WILL NOT be able to buy traded games, PS4 Is also rumoured to incorperate this technology

Xbox Graphics Processors will have less power than current 360 GPU's
Xbox Is going to be fully Kinnect Compliant from launch, (£450+ RRP on Launch)
90% Of New Xbox Games Will Be Souly Kinnect Controlled (Console will have pad, but it is being "phased out")
(Major Rumor) Microsoft will stop Release's of Games For x360 When New Console Sell's 1,000,000 unit's....
Xbox Live User's WILL NOT Be able to transfer Current Gamer Profiles to new console, Or Licence Transfer...
Xbox Live Monthly/Yearly Prices expected to be nearly doubled on new console (£70+ Per Year)
Xbox MUST HAVE SUSSTAINED INTERNET CONNECTION (in other words cannot switch it off at all)
Xbox expected to havce Blu-Ray Compatibility, not confirmed as yet
Xbox Will be released in May '13
All Future Call Of Duty Titles will have season pass's, (like Fifa, paying to play it online, ontop of live costs) - PS4 also
Another strong rumour is that most titles for new consoles will be Download Only, stopping Trade - in's completely
All New Consoles will have 4G Compatibilities (Strong Rumours, not confirmed)
Xbox Compliant "Modded Pad's" i.e Dropshot pads, Jitter pads, Lag switch's, auto - aim pads etc are to be banned completely - with the promis of ban's and lifetime exclutitions from xbox live (confirmed)
anyone attempting to mod, J-tag, or use's modds on next gen consoles, will be banned, and consoles shut down

SO IN SUMMARY NEXT GEN CONSOLES ARE GOING TO TOTALLY DESTROY THE GAMING INDUSTRY......
NOT EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 5 WANTS TO DANCE AROUND THEYRE LIVING ROOM JUST TO MAKE THEYRE CONSOLE LOAD A DAMNED GAME,

ALL HAIL CURRENT GENERATION CONSOLES, XBOX 360/PS3 THE LAST TRUE GAMES CONSOLES BEFORE CONSOLE GAMING BECOMES A PRESCHOOL PARADISE.

R.I.P THE GREATEST PIECE'S OF GAMING TECHNOLOGY - THE MICROSOFT XBOX 360 & THE SONY PLAYSTATION 3

I was going to get the new xbox the day it came out, I think I will start dusting my xbox 360 twice as much now because im going to need it what are these monkeys doing to gaming, so now when Im finished with a game I cant give it to my little brother or give my friend a loan of a game so he doesn't need to buy it its a f ukin joke there all money grabbing bastards :sadface: they need to remember who has the money.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts