Need help with new character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
J

Jeremius

well, you have to be protected so anyone who uses 2h weapons i would suggest heavy armor or light armor with Smithing. also race works with these too, choose nord for 2h/light combo, or ork or 2h/heavy combo, maybe throw in a little archery/destruction for dragons.

Being a vampire makes fire damage more powerful toward you. So dark elf can help control that. I think heavy armor, and smithing (to make your weapon more powerful). Hope this helped!;)

Haha, I was going to say exactly the same thing. My main vampire is a Breton mage, which I like because the dragonskin power and their natural magic resistance will stop some fire damage. But of course if you're going to do 2h weapons, a Breton is probably not the best option. Don't be an altmer for sure :p

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
nord has great bonuses, but I would go as far as saying why not a red guard? Their racial power allows u to regain stamina like crazy allowing you to powerswing away at foes. Bonuses to destruction and archery allow u to take either course when it comes to ranged combat. Besides, If u decide tO use alteration (another bonus to redguard) mages will be nothing as u can use Magic resistance and spell absorbtion to be the most kickass sexy black vampire smiteing those before with volendrung

ShadowGambit

2H combat uses a LOT of stamina in combat. And as a Vampire, you don't regenerate Stamina during the day.

I would choose Redguard.

I would go Heavy Armor and put some high Fire resistance there to cover the downside of being a vampire.

Or I would go the Alchemy way, so you have potion to regenerate Stamina, as well as fire resist potion.

Smithing is not really that important, as with Heavy Armor, you can easily reach the armor Cap.

I would choose Archery over Destruction for range damage. The Reason is that being a Vampire, you don't regenerate Magicka during teh day. But being a redguard, you would regenerate Stamina. So more use of Archery here

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Guys who said Redguard, that would only regenerate stamina for 1 minute once per day. I think thats absolutely terrible when you consider what Vegetable Soup can do. A vampire just needs to learn to cook, Vegetable soup regens health and stamina for 12 minutes, and everyone knows you only need 1 stamina to power attack. Elsweyr Fondue regenerates magicka for 12 minutes, so as a vampire, you can regenerate all of your bars back up.

Or you can also perk into Restoration, but it's a bit clunky with a Two Handed weapon switching it in and out during combat to heal. But I think you should use Restoration anyway so you can eventually get Necromage, and so you have a reliable way to bring up your health and stamina. Perhaps go through the College of Winterhold to get the Equilibrium spell, so you can turn your health into magicka as well.

You don't have to get into Smithing, but I would look into Enchanting, so you can make yourself some magic resist gear, and if you want some health/magicka/stamina regeneration gear.

I still think the best race for this build is a Breton. Because they have 50% absorb magicka as their daily power, when you combine this with the Atronach Stone, it stacks to 100% absorption of magicka for 1 minute per day. That means you are 100% immune to a Dragon Priest, the Dremora inside of Azura's star, Dragon breath attacks, etc.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts