• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Frankie English

Dragonborn
I have played both mage and warrior up to level 45 and want to start over with one of them because with both characters mistakes were made, i really enjoyed playing as a mage but i also really enjoyed the offensive playstyle of the warrior, so i am hoping that u will give me your opinion on which i should choose

P.s. my warrior is two handed heavy armor, and also plz say what race i should be for whatever archtype you pick

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Well It's really all preferences but I would choose either breton, high elf, or imperial as the race. I said those because they all have some magic enhancements already . warrior, it's the same thing everytime, do difference. Magic, loads of possibilities because of all the different types of magic.

Frankie English

Dragonborn
Well It's really all preferences but I would choose either breton, high elf, or imperial as the race. I said those because they all have some magic enhancements already . warrior, it's the same thing everytime, do difference. Magic, loads of possibilities because of all the different types of magic.
This is easily one of the best responses i have ever gotten

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
I would recomend the battlemage archetype. It combines both.Armor from the warrior.Offensive ability of the mage.So really its the best of both worlds without compromising defensive abilitys/offensive abilitys.As for race i would probly choose breton due to there inate ability to absorb magic from enemy spell casters.If you want a better look at the battlemage archetype go to skyrim wiki.com and type in the search bar The Mage (skyrim) then scroll down to archetypes and look at battlemage.

Do the theif/ archer archetype for me easily the most fun play, but to each his own, best part is any race works I made two a High Elf and an Argonian, I imagine an orc would be interesting berserk sneak attacks...

Siah

I'd go mage for the same reason - possibilities. If you go conjuration as well you can branch into a battlemage style if you want with conjured weapons and such. I'm partial to a spellsword type right now myself - light armor with conjuration, one hand, alteration, restoration, destruction, and possibly smith and enchant. I went conjuration for the weapons and necromancy for fun, or you can carry a regular weapon and skip the zombies and atronachs and spend the perks elsewhere.

As said previously, it's preference. I might suggest playing a mage for a while and maybe mix melee in without spending perks at first and see how it feels. Do what feels right and what you find you have the most fun doing ;)