need help with a character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sellsword

hmm first post.

not sure if this is the right place.

so I have this build I wanna play as: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
and he's gonna be a Dunmer.

I was also considering roleplaying him a bit in-game so he could at least have some direction and not just blindly join every guild and do every quest (I've never really RP'd before).

I originally wanted him to be a soldier-turned-mercenary; fleeing morrowind (red year), using his martial prowess to make a living now that he has no home to turn to. but I don't quite know how to explain how he managed to learn alteration and conjuration. best I could come up with was that he was attacked by bandits and left for dead, until a battlemage saved him and taught him some spells while nursing him back to health. is that sound for a backstory?

all help greatly appreciated

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
How did I end up on this godforsaken carriage? The last thing I remember was stumbling my way into Windhelm. The clothes on my back were heavily singed, the embers still in the air as I crossed the border into Skyrim. Other Dunmer said I could take refuge there, that I'd find others like me. It was worth a shot, having lost everything I had in Morrowind, any fresh start had to be better than what I was leaving.

It was way past midnight, I used a Candlelight spell to illuminate my path as I squinted through the snow, crossing a large bridge, making my way into the hold capitol. I was stopped at the gate by the town's guard. They allowed me passage, told me that I should get a drink at Candlehearth hall, ask for a guy named Rolff Stone-fist, he's some kind of ambassador to emigrated Dunmer they said. I thanked them for the advice, but heard them snickering as I made my way past them.

Thankfully Candlehearth Hall was just inside the city gate. I pushed open the door and closed my eyes as I felt the warmth of the fire immediately envelop my face in a warm, welcome embrace. As I opened my eyes and crossed the threshold, I felt a thousand eyes staring at me, all at once. Not a friendly face in the bunch, I made my way further into the inn. I stepped up to the bar and asked the barkeep if she knew someone named Rolff. She looked at me strangely, but then signaled over to a Nord man just making his way down the steps.

"Rolff, this guy's here to see you," she called to him.

"Oh really now?" With a warm smile he greeted me and took up residence on the barstool next to me. "You're new around here aren't ya?" he asked.

I replied honestly, that I had just made my way over from Morrowind, that I was looking for shelter and maybe a job if he knew of one. He asked me if I knew any trades, I told him that I was decent with a blade. I didn't tell him about some of the magick I had learned, I heard Nords were distrustful of those that dabbled.

"Elda, get this man the 'House Special' will ya? Put it on my tab." The barkeep reached below the bar and slid the flagon over to me. "This will take the chill off yer bones pal, drink up!"

I thanked him for the drink, it did indeed warm my bones. A couple of the town's guard entered the Inn and walked over near us. One of the guards eyed me uncomfortably through his covered helm.

"Rolff,you need to send this package across the border? Alfarinn's leaving shortly, got a delivery out past Helgen, I'm sure you can hitch your package, he won't mind err... disposing of it for you," the guard said.

I felt my face flush. My hands were tingling. What was in this drink? Then I hit the floor.

wakka

damn nature you scary
sad... all that work for nothing. lol..... :Dovahkiin:

i would give rep points but for some reason i cant :sadface: ( the forums is not working as it should )
can only "like it"

have to say its very well written a great read.

Renji

No worries :) Do you think you can write one for my breton conjurer i'm making? haha :p but seriously...

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
No worries :) Do you think you can write one for my breton conjurer i'm making? haha :p but seriously...

Sure, but later, it's Mother's Day here... have to cater to the wife today. :)

i would give rep points but for some reason i cant :sadface: ( the forums is not working as it should )
can only "like it"

have to say its very well written a great read.

Thanks Wakka.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts