PS3 Need help in creating a character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Im looking around and i see that people would say khajiits are the best type of assassin characters but I want to make an imperial assassin character.

What edge does khajiits have over imperials?
I know that khajiits start with higher skill levels in the beginning in the main skills for assassins (stealth etc.)
But can't I just max these stats eventually as imperials?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Sneak is by far one of the easiest skill to level up, So Race doesn't matter much at least to me any way. The one true advantage Khajiit have is their night vision power other than that it's all about your preference.

blue 468

like the above poster said it's all about personal preference you can be anything with any race and still be effective. Racial stats are just there for a little boost but can easily be reached by any race early on.

Alright so in the end, an imperial assassin and a kahjiit assassin will be equal? Other than the fact khajiits have night vision? So if I ignore night vision they are both equally as good in the end?
The AssassinEdit

• The assassin uses stealth attacks with bows and daggers to kill enemies before they even know they're there. They use, mainly; Sneak,Archery, and One Handed with Light Armor for support in case stealth fails them and they are discovered. The assassin should carry daggersfor close ranged combat. Daggers can prove very useful for sneak attacks and still formidable in a toe to toe fight when dual wielded. If the player joins the Dark Brotherhood, they gain Shrouded Gloves which doubles backstab damage. Coupled with the "Assassin's Blade" Perkfrom the Sneak skill tree, sneak attacks performed with daggers increased will be increased in damage by 30x. Also, an increase in smithing skills helps when crafting good defensive, light armor.
(Retrieved from The Thief (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki)
They state that these races are recommended as in they're only easier?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
indeed, Not to mention the "Voice of the Emperor" power Imperials get, it might help at lower levels. Plus there's the gold perk too.

EleanorUnicorn

I would choose an Imperial assassin using archery and dual daggers :) Khajiit make good assasins too, but you can always level up however you want to, so race isn't really too important apart from looks and their unique powers (and I never much used night eye with my khajiit anyway) :)

ShadowGambit

Race is not really important. At the end, there is very little difference.

It only matters if you want to fully roleplay your character.