Need Help Getting Caught Planting The Ring On Brand-Shei

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lord Aethok

Just as the title says, I want you guys to help me get caught planting the ring on Brand-Shei!​

Tawneey

Don't know why you would want to be caught, but I guess just do it while standing in front of him? That's a sure way to get noticed.

AS88

Staff member
Try to stay detected, and attempt to place something valuable in his inventory, with a low % chance of success. Brynjolf will still offer you a place in the Guild, though.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Hit a guard across the face, pay the fine. Far more quicker and easier than other suggestions :p

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Do it in the wide open! Or just walk into a guard. Whatever you do, don't succeed!

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Himintelgja - Heaven Scraper
Just do it while standing.

AS88

Staff member

Lord Aethok

Solved it.​
I just ran into the Pawned Prawn but I still got invited to the Thieves Guild ;)

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I think I've only successfully done it once. You have to pick 2 locks and reverse pickpocket all undetected.

Weird. I though the game was set up to almost make it impossible to fail. I've never failed and I'm sloppy as hell.

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Bjørn of Helgåfjord

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I think I've only successfully done it once. You have to pick 2 locks and reverse pickpocket all undetected.

Weird. I though the game was set up to almost make it impossible to fail. I've never failed and I'm sloppy as h
ell.

I thought that too, I've done it with 3 chars, from sneaky to 2 big dudes. never failed.

Nighthiker77

I thought that too, I've done it with 3 chars, from sneaky to 2 big dudes. never failed.

I've tried it 4 or 5 times, all sneaky types. I usually get the ring, and usually fail the reverse pickpocket, eye closed, over 50% chance. I do have a lot of mods going, but I'm not aware of any of them affecting stealth at all. Of course, I thought the Dawnguard were serious badasses until I finally noticed that a mod was changing the damage of a steel bolt to 999 (while I was playing a vampire Lord). I think it was hooked into a crafting mod because I removed most of my non-visual mods for my last few playthroughs and it reverted to proper damage.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts